[GUIDE] [EMUI 9.1] Magisk Root P30 Pro * BL Code Received * UPDATE FIRMWARE Join Here

wpjohn13

Dec 18, 2018
@rubiicon59 no im not in uk but bought it through ebay.Its an ele-l29 model and when first operated it, it had version 9.1.0.102 C900 and with the help of @SilviuO managed to upgrade it to android 10 (after brick and installing back and forth several versions).
I even took it to local huawei official support center which confirmed it was a chinese model sold to uk and are forbidden to touch it, they can support only European models. Only way to be "fixed" is by unlocking bootloader which is not possible at the moment (maybe never). Im guessing ebay seller got it through chinese seller/site (aliexpress or something similar) and sold it to me so i would suggest dont buy from any chinese site claiming "global" version as its probably a C900 region which cannot get updates and possibly not under warranty. You can always ask before buying imei and serial number to check online. Phone its working fully but with a note of "non official version" at notifications

Last edited:

rubiicon59

Mar 8, 2015
Liverpool
Your situation isn't as bad as I thought. At least your phones working and usable. Ive heard plenty of ebay tales with vendors selling on phones without fully disclosing all the details, but you seem to be saying you knew the details before purchase?
Does it mean that you're now stuck at whatever 10 version you're on with no possibility of updating?

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
Your situation isn't as bad as I thought. At least your phones working and usable. Ive heard plenty of ebay tales with vendors selling on phones without fully disclosing all the details, but you seem to be saying you knew the details before purchase?
Does it mean that you're now stuck at whatever 10 version you're on with no possibility of updating?
There are ways of updating manually but they wipe the phone.

wpjohn13

Dec 18, 2018
@rubiicon59 well i was persistent asking about warranty but seller didnt confirm but only was giving neutral answers and never disclosed from where the phone was purchased. Serial number was visible from photos so i check the number online which didnt have any result about warranty so i thought maybe needs to be activated first so i bought it. When arrived thankfully i was recording the whole procedure of examining the package and opening it where i noticed irregularities. As @carbonize said can be updated using "dload" method but it will always wipe the data on the phone. So you either will stay at specific version or each time you will need to backup/restore after each successful update (if you update using wrong firmware can be also be bricked)

Last edited:

rubiicon59

Mar 8, 2015
Liverpool
@carbonize

So, not like an OTA? Manually updating wipes everything, same as a factory reset, yes?

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

@wpjohn13

Dodgy seller huh. Yeah I get now that you can update but its a bloody hassle having to reinstall your entire setup each time. And yeah the chance of bricking it is daunting too.
Check, check, and check again before updating I guess.
Good luck in the future, I hope you do not end up with a pretty door stop

Last edited:

carbonize

Oct 16, 2010
Bristol
@carbonize

So, not like an OTA? Manually updating wipes everything, same as a factory reset, yes?

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 AM ----------

@wpjohn13

Dodgy seller huh. Yeah I get now that you can update but its a bloody hassle having to reinstall your entire setup each time. And yeah the chance of bricking it is daunting too.
Check, check, and check again before updating I guess.
Good luck in the future, I hope you do not end up with a pretty door stop
Yes the same as a factory reset.

Reactions: rubiicon59

mutahharbashir

Mar 31, 2016
Gujranwala

64GUNSHIP

Jul 8, 2011
Downgraded to EMUI 10, successfully unlocked bootloader using DC Pheonix/HCU client. However, when I attempt to patch the recovery ramdisk using Magisk 22.0, it fails with the following log:

- Device platform: arm64-v8a
- Installing: 22.0 (22000)
- Copying image to cache
! Installation failed

Which seems to indicate some sort of storage permission error. Tried disabling/reenabling storage permission within Android. Any other ideas? Really looking forward to rooting.

Update: downgraded to EMUI 9.1 and bootloader was actually unlocked. Was able to patch an EMUI 10 recovery ramdisk and flash it using fastboot, now I have a fully rooted P30 Pro (VOG-L04 C792).

Last edited:
Reactions: vader03 and oslo83