• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] [EMUI 9] Magisk Root Honor view 10 BKL-09 for Android PIE

Search This thread

fabio84

Jul 25, 2007
Requirements / Downloads
Honor 10 view BKL-09 with unlocked bootloader (I not tested in other version)
Minimal ADB & Fastboot

Patched Recovery_Ramdisk BKL

Rooting your device
1. Unzip Minimal ADB & Fastboot to any folder of your PC
2. Download the patched file for your device and copy it to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
3. Start your smartphone in fastboot mode pressing [Vol-]+[Power] and connect it to your PC.
4. Open a Powershell window in your Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder by [Shift]+[Rightclick].
5. Flash the Recovery_Ramdisk:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk name_of_your_patched_file.img

Adjusting Magisk Manager and patching files by yourself
1. Download Magisk Manager canary build to your phone and install.
2. Change in Magisk settings the update channel to "custom" inserting this URL. https://t2m.io/wuAFCrwO
Magisk Manager now will find the canary builds.
3. Check "force encryption" and "AVB 2.0" boxes.

To patch yourself recovery_ramdisk:
4.a) Patch your *.img, that you have copied in any folder to your smartphone by pressing "Install" --> "Install" --> "Patch boot image" in Magisk Manager.
ORIGINAL RECOVERY_RAMDISK BKL-09 PIE version 9.0.0.162 C432
5. Transfer the patched file (You will find it in your download folder of your smartphone. It will be called "patched_boot.img".) to your PC, start Smartphone in fastboot mode and flash:

Code:

(You must adapt the file name to the real name of your file, e.g. patched_boot.img)

To actualize Magisk:
4.b) Choose in Magisk Manager: "Install" --> "Install" --> "Direct Install (Recommended)" --> Restart

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190109_171251_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    Screenshot_20190109_171251_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 2,956
  • Screenshot_20190109_171316_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190109_171316_com.android.settings.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 2,920
Last edited:

BlueMan_86

Jul 2, 2015
Novi Sad
I Have same version as you Android Pie and everythin firmware and region... But no matter how i try i get UNABLE TO UNPACK BOOT IMAGE... Instalation failed... why is that? i have TWRP installed... and everything as is your phone firmware and version 9.0.0.162 C432...

fabio84

Jul 25, 2007
I Have same version as you Android Pie and everythin firmware and region... But no matter how i try i get UNABLE TO UNPACK BOOT IMAGE... Instalation failed... why is that? i have TWRP installed... and everything as is your phone firmware and version 9.0.0.162 C432...

Flash in bootloader mode. Not in twrp.
Android pie not work with twrp for now.

Taobaibai

Apr 21, 2015
Mainz am Rhein
I am on ROOTED EMUI 8.0 (BKL-L09 8.0.0.130). How do I update to pie and then root? First unroot than update than root? or just update and root with the instructions in post#1?

Last edited:

Lazy131

Mar 22, 2018
Sadly it does not work for me. Tried it with your patches bootimage and with my own. Flashing the ramdisk works fine but after restart I don't have root.
I dont need Magisk installed if I use the pre patches bootimage right? Nevertheless I tried with Magisk installed and without. In the Huawei Mate Forum I read that one might need to shutdown the phone after flashing and then to start it with Volume Up and Power Button pressed. But this also does not work. Or any Idea how exactly to start with this Key combination?

Any other suggestions?

p1nh34d

Oct 26, 2010
Today I updated from OREO with root to PIE same version as you have in pictures 9.0.0.162(C432E4R1P9). Tried both steps (with your patched file and me patching file) to root my phone but even I always got OK in fastboot mode I still have no root :(

Last edited:

resdano

Dec 5, 2008
Hello,
Sadly applying the guide does't not work for me to. I tried with the given patched bootimage and with my own one. When flashing the ramdisk image in fastboot mode, i got this error :
"FAILED (remote: partition length get error)".
Please help!

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Worked like a breeze for me. Shoutout to @ante0 and @shashank1320 who kept their calm in guiding me through and suggesting me this method.
@ante0 made things easier for me and it worked excellently for me. The steps are-

Download and install Magisk canary builds from the mentioned link. Change in Magisk settings the update channel to "custom" inserting*this*URL.*https://t2m.io/wuAFCrwO
Check "force encryption" and "AVB 2.0" boxes.
Transfer stock recovery ramdisk to phone, open Magisk Mnager and hit install - > patch boot image, select recovery_ramdisk.img. Take patched_boot.img from /sdcard/Download/ and transfer to computer, reboot to fastboot and flash patched_boot.img to recovery_ramdisk. Unplug USB, holv vol up + power to reboot to recovery, which will now boot phone with Magisk. If you reboot and don't hold vol up it will boot to system without root.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Huge thanks @fabio84
Finally have root privileges on Pie.

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Hello,
Sadly applying the guide does't not work for me to. I tried with the given patched bootimage and with my own one. When flashing the ramdisk image in fastboot mode, i got this error :
Please help!

I get the same error

any advise ?

Emui9 doesn't have a ramdisk partition. You flash to recovery_ramdisk, then when you reboot hold volume up to get to recovery (unplug USB as it will take you to erecovery if you have it plugged in).
This is the only way to get root on Emui9, currently.

It will not boot to recovery, it will boot to system with Magisk.

Reactions: resdano

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
Not flash ramdisk. Need flash recovery_ramdisk!

@ante0 has been helping me get root access and we still are working on it.
@fabio84 did you by a chance experience issues in using root applications especially root explorer or root Uninstaller? For some reason they won't just work for me, just titanium and root checker works. On further scrutinising, I found the su binary files missing probably why the applications won't load for me. Any help?

ankan1993

Feb 19, 2013
Nagpur
@ante0 has been helping me get root access and we still are working on it.
@fabio84 did you by a chance experience issues in using root applications especially root explorer or root Uninstaller? For some reason they won't just work for me, just titanium and root checker works. On further scrutinising, I found the su binary files missing probably why the applications won't load for me. Any help?

Update: @ante0 helped me yet again to figure it out. Apparently was because of pie's aggressive background restrictions. Root is now working full fledgedly. Thanks everyone. Big cheers to @ante0

resdano

Dec 5, 2008
Hello,
It finally worked for me. Thank you so much!:)

Emui9 doesn't have a ramdisk partition. You flash to recovery_ramdisk, then when you reboot hold volume up to get to recovery (unplug USB as it will take you to erecovery if you have it plugged in).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements / Downloads
    Honor 10 view BKL-09 with unlocked bootloader (I not tested in other version)
    Minimal ADB & Fastboot

Patched Recovery_Ramdisk BKL

Rooting your device
    1. Unzip Minimal ADB & Fastboot to any folder of your PC
    2. Download the patched file for your device and copy it to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
    3. Start your smartphone in fastboot mode pressing [Vol-]+[Power] and connect it to your PC.
    4. Open a Powershell window in your Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder by [Shift]+[Rightclick].
    5. Flash the Recovery_Ramdisk:

Code:

Adjusting Magisk Manager and patching files by yourself
    1. Download Magisk Manager canary build to your phone and install.
    2. Change in Magisk settings the update channel to "custom" inserting this URL. https://t2m.io/wuAFCrwO
    3. Check "force encryption" and "AVB 2.0" boxes.

To patch yourself recovery_ramdisk:
    4.a) Patch your *.img, that you have copied in any folder to your smartphone by pressing "Install" --> "Install" --> "Patch boot image" in Magisk Manager.
    ORIGINAL RECOVERY_RAMDISK BKL-09 PIE version 9.0.0.162 C432
    5. Transfer the patched file (You will find it in your download folder of your smartphone. It will be called "patched_boot.img".) to your PC, start Smartphone in fastboot mode and flash:

Code:

(You must adapt the file name to the real name of your file, e.g. patched_boot.img)

To actualize Magisk:
    4.b) Choose in Magisk Manager: "Install" --> "Install" --> "Direct Install (Recommended)" --> Restart

Thanks
    Worked like a breeze for me. Shoutout to @ante0 and @shashank1320 who kept their calm in guiding me through and suggesting me this method.
    @ante0 made things easier for me and it worked excellently for me. The steps are-

Download and install Magisk canary builds from the mentioned link. Change in Magisk settings the update channel to "custom" inserting*this*URL.*https://t2m.io/wuAFCrwO
    Check "force encryption" and "AVB 2.0" boxes.
    Transfer stock recovery ramdisk to phone, open Magisk Mnager and hit install - > patch boot image, select recovery_ramdisk.img. Take patched_boot.img from /sdcard/Download/ and transfer to computer, reboot to fastboot and flash patched_boot.img to recovery_ramdisk. Unplug USB, holv vol up + power to reboot to recovery, which will now boot phone with Magisk. If you reboot and don't hold vol up it will boot to system without root.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Huge thanks @fabio84
    Finally have root privileges on Pie.
    I've heard about the 9.1, but in Austria is still 9.0 "the actual" version. Is it different to root 9.1?
    according to my little research, EMUI 9.1 rooting with magisk is not possible like with 9 and going into fake recovery.

apparently some people were successful though with hard resetting the device and then flashing fake recovery before the phone has its first boot. but these are stories from other phone models....

huawei/honor is the next apple. I am mad at myself for listening to the community in the beginning of 2018. I was about to get xiaomei. I should have, without listening to some hobby devs who received gifts...

This is the first smartphone I have with no active nandroid recovery, which is a catastrophe in itself. But now also without root... I feel betrayed, because otherwise other hardware functionality wont work 100% if you use custom roms.
    Hello,
    Please help!

I get the same error

any advise ?

I rooted without problems.. With magisk.. But used latest release.. Canary build...