• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] [EMUI 9] Magisk Root MATE 10 (Pro) [ALP/BLA]

Search This thread

Athanatos81

Apr 13, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Because of a defect, my phone is no longer rooted/unlocked. Unfortunately Huawei substituted it with a new one, instead of repairing my old phone.
So my bootloader is locked, there actually is no possibility to unlock and I don't know, if I would pay for it again, because even with root the possibilities with Huawei's restrictive policy are limited...
So I won't patch any files anymore, but if you'll provide your patched/unpatched files, I will update this thread furthermore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMUI 9
You may not have root, if you don't (re)start as if you wanted to start recovery mode: [Vol+]+[Power]

All provided files are for customisation C432 - I don't think, there is any difference to other customisations, but I don't know exactly and don't warrant it.

EMUI 9.1
Important Note for EMUI 9.1: Actually the phone can't boot to recovery by holding [Volume +], so you have to do it in adb-mode:
Code:
adb reboot recovery
If not, you won't have root, even with patched recovery_ramdisk.

Issues:
  • The feature to charge the powered off phone will be broken - as soon as you connect USB, the phone will boot up.
  • You won't have any working recovery. If you need your original recovery back, reflash unpatched recovery_ramdisk.img with fastboot in the same way.

Requirements / Downloads

I. Rooting your device
1. Unzip Minimal ADB & Fastboot to any folder of your PC
2. Download the patched file for your device and copy it to Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder. [If you don't want/can use my provided files, go now to step II.1. to patch your own file and root with it]
3. Start your smartphone in fastboot mode pressing [Vol-]+[Power] and connect it to your PC.
4. Open a Powershell window in your Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder by [Shift]+[Rightclick].
5. Flash the Recovery_Ramdisk:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [I]name_of_your_patched_file.img[/I]
(You must adapt the file name to the real name of your file, e.g. RECOVERY_RAMDISK_PATCHED_BLA_EMUI_9.0.0.161.img)
6. Reboot with this command "fastboot reboot recovery" or shutdown and press [Vol+]+[Power].
7. Download Magisk Manager (latest stable build) and install.
---If you used my provided file, now you are ready and rooted.---

II. How to get the fitting recovery_ramdisk for your own OS version
1. Download Huawei Firmware Finder, search for your device and download your desired firmware version.
2. Extract update.app from downloaded update.zip.
3. Download Huawei Update Extractor, start this tool, go to "Settings" and uncheck "Verify header checksum".
4. Go to "Extract" and open your update.app.
5. Extract RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img (Yes, there is no "k" at the end), rename it, if you want to, and then transfer it to your phone, if you want to patch it (instructions see above).

III. Install Magisk Manager and patching files by yourself / root with your own file
1. Download Magisk Manager (latest stable build) and install.
2. Check "force encryption" and "AVB 2.0" boxes.

To patch yourself recovery_ramdisk and root with your own file:
3.a) Patch your *.img, that you have copied in any folder to your smartphone by pressing "Install" --> "Install" --> "Patch boot image" in Magisk Manager.
4 Transfer the patched file (You will find it in your download folder of your smartphone. It will be called "patched_boot.img".) to your PC, start Smartphone in fastboot mode and flash:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [I]name_of_your_patched_file.img[/I]
(You must adapt the file name to the real name of your file, e.g. patched_boot.img)
To actualize Magisk:
3.b) Choose in Magisk Manager: "Install" --> "Install" --> "Direct Install (Recommended)" --> Restart

Download options for some unpatched/patched files

ALP 9.0.0.159 (C432) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.194 (C636) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.195 (C636) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.213 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.217 (C636) unpatched / patched
ALP 9.0.0.228 (C636) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.161 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.179 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.197 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.206 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.211 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.215 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.223 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.224 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.226 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.231 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.233 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.238 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.243 (universal cust) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.246 (C432) unpatched / patched
BLA 9.0.0.259 (C636) unpatched / patched

Thanks to
@topjohnwu - magisk developer
@gmanrainy (Team MT) - Huawei Firmware Finder
@worstenbrood - Huawei Update Extractor

Last edited:

optiplex2012

May 23, 2012
probably stupid question, but the device must be with boot loader unlocked right??

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

craigzhong

Nov 22, 2016
is that a official twrp recovery for mate 10series?
for me , really want to go back to emui8.0 ..and flash treble Roms

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

anyway thx

Athanatos81

Apr 13, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
is that a official twrp recovery for mate 10series?
for me , really want to go back to emui8.0 ..and flash treble Roms

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

anyway thx

There is no TWRP recovery, that is compatible with EMUI 9. This solution isn't based on TWRP...

To downgrade to EMUI 8, look there or there.

dany67310

Mar 15, 2015
OnePlus 8
What does not work for me is fx explorer I did not pass link2sd to freeze apps because impossible with fx explore otherwise all work like a charm.

dany67310

Mar 15, 2015
OnePlus 8
Reactions: Sergiocubano1

Sergiocubano1

Dec 3, 2015
That's what I think too.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Yes
although it did not work for me in any way, the magisk still does not appear [emoji22] Screenshot_20190106_234720_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpeg

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Sergiocubano1

Dec 3, 2015
Did you flash the patched recovery_ramdisk.img with fastboot?

If yes, shutdown your phone and try to restart by pressing [Vol+]+[Power].
it's worth it now yes I got it many thanks [emoji7][emoji847]

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

The forum software shortened my link ... :rolleyes:

Thanks.
if it was that when I put your link I got an error and I did not skip the magisk actu and looking on the internet if with that and if it worked

pacifox

Jan 1, 2008
Hi, the installation for the other applications works well, but how to use the modules magisk? they do not install any module ..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts