[GUIDE] Enable Camera2 API & Install Google Camera

Search This thread

fake__knv

Sep 24, 2018
Code:
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MIGHT INCUR TO YOUR BELOVED PHONE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
**formalities lul

Requirements:
  • Root. You can check this rooting tutorial guide by @BubuXP.
  • Camera2 API Enabler by P1N20. Check @otaconremo's thread here.
  • Google Camera Ported APK. You can get one from here.
    Update: The version @adriakus shared is the least buggy so far. Its front cam works with HDR+. Im using this one.

Steps:
  • First, root your phone by following the aforementioned guide.
  • After rooting, you should have Magisk Manager installed in your phone.
  • Tap on the hamburger icon (three bars icon on the top left of the screen).
  • Tap Downloads.
  • Tap on the search icon and type
    Code:
    Camera2 API Enabler
  • Tap on the download icon of the result to install the module.
  • After installing the module, reboot your phone.
  • Install the Google Camera ported apk downloaded from the link above.

NOTE:
On Arnova's 8.2 Google Cam, sometimes after taking a picture it takes forever to process HDR images.
Front Cam with HDR on force closes when you take a picture.
You can provide feedback here to help other users determine what version works best. :good:

On this version, front and rear camera works fine even with HDR+ ON. Im currently using this one.

CREDS:
@BubuXP
@adriakus
@Arnova8G2
@jashancheema
@topjohnwu

Last edited:

phentem

Dec 23, 2017
i use google camera mode for front camera with hdr+ not work.
Google Camera version for front camera + Hdr+ ?

il_fabio

Mar 2, 2016
What happens when you use HDR+ on front camera?

Edit: Im on Arnova's v8.2

hi,

I have tried several settings using GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.2.apk and:
- app stops when switch to front camera
- if not crash immediately, app stops when I tap to take a photo
- only with HDR totally disabled camera shots a photo but it is BW with some stripes

Any suggestions?

Fabio

fake__knv

Sep 24, 2018
hi,

I have tried several settings using GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.2.apk and:
- app stops when switch to front camera
- if not crash immediately, app stops when I tap to take a photo
- only with HDR totally disabled camera shots a photo but it is BW with some stripes

Any suggestions?

Fabio

Edit: Nevermind mine wont take front cam pics too with HDR+ on lmao

Last edited:

adriakus

Dec 26, 2015

fake__knv

Sep 24, 2018

Samt434

Sep 10, 2015
Works perfectly with Camera2 API Enabler by P1N20.
Thanks a lot for sharing ! With HDR on quality seems better !
And Google panorama feature is a must :)

elvinguitar

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks for this guide. :)

I'm currently using Arnova's v8.3b1 Google Cam, and I also noticed that sometimes after taking a picture it takes forever to process HDR images. The front cam with HDR on force closes when you take a picture as well.

ncar123

Mar 16, 2018

Benik3

Feb 10, 2012
Pilsen - The City of Beer :)
I'm using this one https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/GCamera_Mod_v.5.1.23_R5Plus_fix_crash.apk
So far so good. I like the personalization menu of this one better than the Arnova one.
Didn't test it thoroughly, but in both versions portrait camera works and so does slow motion (this two were the most reported bugs I saw).

Anyone trying diferent versions, let us know so we can compare.

Thanks for the tip, this one really works better then the Arnova cam!
Tested all photo mods, no crash :)

elvinguitar

Jan 24, 2012
I'm using this one https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/GCamera_Mod_v.5.1.23_R5Plus_fix_crash.apk
So far so good. I like the personalization menu of this one better than the Arnova one.
Didn't test it thoroughly, but in both versions portrait camera works and so does slow motion (this two were the most reported bugs I saw).

Anyone trying diferent versions, let us know so we can compare.
Tried this one. But the portrait mode of the front cam isn't working. It's not capturing anything.

adriakus

Dec 26, 2015
Tried this one. But the portrait mode of the front cam isn't working. It's not capturing anything.

It's working for me. But if it's not working, I suggest (,reinstalling or,) trying the one it's based on (check my previous post). And if still buggy, try others posted here. Or go for the arnova ones. They act like regular apps, so you can try and try.

Also, I've noticed they treat the colors in a diferent way. If anyone with time wants to compare the actual pictures, it'll be nice :)

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Could someone that has followed this guide and enabled camera2 API download this app from play store. Camera2 probe https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.weis.camera2probe

And post your screenshot please

I have not enable camera2 API yet and was curious if that physically changes the hardware level support.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180928-152717.png
    Screenshot_20180928-152717.png
    237.7 KB · Views: 608

BubuXP

Oct 6, 2013
Sicily East Coast
t.me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180929-010842.png
    Screenshot_20180929-010842.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 529
Reactions: hossman

fake__knv

Sep 24, 2018
Thanks for this guide. :)

I'm currently using Arnova's v8.3b1 Google Cam, and I also noticed that sometimes after taking a picture it takes forever to process HDR images. The front cam with HDR on force closes when you take a picture as well.

For the front cam, the flash thingy (white screen of death) causes a crash. Disabling it will let you have a front cam that doesnt take pictures lol

Top Liked Posts