• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Enable Carrier Aggregation [LTE+]

Search This thread

F4ru

Sep 8, 2020
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
Xiaomi Mi A1
Can someone make another file for vi in Maharashtra The Given File doesn't seem to be working!
Device - Redmi Note 9Pro
I seem to get 2300 + 2500 on my Mi A1 Stock file but CA Enabled Through QXDM Even Sometimes 2100 + 2300 + 2500

erbrijeshb2010

Jan 2, 2013
i have tried to connect my rn7p to qpst configuration using usb diag mode enabled but always shown up as Qualcomm HS-USB 901D device, and continously connecting and disconnecting. give me some help sir.
current rom is pixel experience, past i tried on miui 12 stable, dot os.

suvhapaty

Jan 5, 2015
|| Few important notes and QA ||

1. How to revert back / Will I lose my CA ?

Ans: You arent going to lose CA unless you flash EFS / QCN backup. Flashing modem / firmware won't take away your CA. Reportedly, locking bands might take away your CA if done via NSG and not all are affected with this mishap.
In case you want to revert, just load the backed up "00028874" and you are back again. Or you can just restore the EFS backup which you have safely kept aside on following the steps on previous post.

2. Is it a fake / facade ?

Ans: No, I conducted few tests , side-by-side with my A50 ( CA out-of-box ) and under same conditions, both devices managed to provide same speed.
I am attaching few comparative screenshots and kindly watch carefully to distinguish.
View attachment 5169529View attachment 5169531
( left - A50 | right - violet )

View attachment 5169533View attachment 5169537

3. Will it fukcup my mobile phone ?

Ans: No, unless you are a careless brat and mis-followed a step. Other then, there are no such incidents yet reported by anyone.

4. I have a diff device. What shall I do ??

Ans: Same steps to follow, just the contents of the file is different.
Here is a Generator and Combolist and follow 3rd Step from the link.
Generator
Combolist
Link

So, its your time to decide.

--Signing-off
link of generator and combolist are not working. please update the link.

ronello

Feb 28, 2010
Mumbai
Hi,
I tried enabling CA using thie instructions given; however I am stuck. First it was because the phone would not be detected by QPST and show as 'No ESN' because it would appear as Qualcomm HS-USB 901D device in device manager.
Then i tried putting the phone in EDL mode which installed the driver QDLoader 9008. But now the phone is displayed as 'qpst phone q/qcp-xxx esn download' in QPST. Moreover, EFS does not read anything.
Kindly share any insights on what could be wrong.

My phone is rooted and on Arrow 11. Process has been tried on both Win 7/10 with USB 2/3 ports and different cables as well. BTW can anyone who has had success here share the QPST version used. I used 2.7.496

Androi
Hi,
I tried enabling CA using thie instructions given; however I am stuck. First it was because the phone would not be detected by QPST and show as 'No ESN' because it would appear as Qualcomm HS-USB 901D device in device manager.
Then i tried putting the phone in EDL mode which installed the driver QDLoader 9008. But now the phone is displayed as 'qpst phone q/qcp-xxx esn download' in QPST. Moreover, EFS does not read anything.
Kindly share any insights on what could be wrong.

My phone is rooted and on Arrow 11. Process has been tried on both Win 7/10 with USB 2/3 ports and different cables as well. BTW can anyone who has had success here share the QPST version used. I used 2.7.496
Android 11 doesn't support this

ronello

Feb 28, 2010
Mumbai
Thank you. It works now. I downgraded to Android 10 and enabled CA. The EFS explorer is unable to pull files when the phone is in Android 11 for some reason.
So even if you enable CA in Android 10 based ROMs then upgrade to Android 11 based ROMs, it works as you dont usually touch the EFS.

coolboy744

Sep 29, 2014
As after search I found that. Poco x3 india does not support interband ca. It only support 40+40 intraband ca.
And 256 QAM in airtel.

Any way to add band combo manually for work with 3+40 band?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !
    Here is an easy guide to enable CA ( Carrier Aggregation ) in your violet. I won't be writing a long-ass guide, lets be on point.
    There are two seperate files, one for Jio & Airtel and another for VI (vodafone-idea). This seperation is made because:
    > The Jio-Airtel file has all combos for Jio, Airtel and VI. Few users arent getting CA on VI using this file. > Hence, a new file optimised for VI only is being uploaded too. Theoritically this file should be fine for Airtel and Jio too but isnt tested. tldr; If u have internet only on VI, use the VI optimised file. Else, use the other file.

Pre-requisites :
    1. Brain and Patience
    2. Windows 7 and higher ( I tested on 10 and 7 ) and 32-bit should work fine.
    3. A rooted Q/R ROM
    4. Network Signal Guru ( needs Permissive SELinux btw )
    5. QPST Tool ( latest )
    6. QDLoader HS-USB Driver [link] [64-bit] (look for 32-bit on internet)
    7. Fully functional ADB

Telegram : [ For more support ]
    Azure Kernel for Redmi N7p

Attached 00028874 File [ updated 1-1-2021]
    Google Drive [ Optimised for Jio / Airtel users ]
    Google Drive [ Optimised for only Vi users ]

Steps are Simple AF. Lets Start.
    1. Install QDLoader HS-USB Driver. Alongside / beforehand keep your EFS backed up via Ofox/Pbrp or EFS Explorer ( u should be introduced to EFS soon along way ).

2. Connect your phone to PC, make sure ADB is working and USB Debugging is enabled !!
    The next steps should be followed with your device properly connected to PC

3. Enable Diag mode for USB. Install Terminal on your Android and execute this command
    Bash:
    su -c "setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb"

4. Launch Device Manager on PC. Under Ports (COM & LPT) , you will find Marshall London or Qualcomm HS-USB listed. I would suggest you to uninstall Qualcomm HS-USB and install the one I provided.

5. On your PC, launch QPST Configuration. You will see your device enlisted as SM6150 under Active Phones tab.

6. Head over to Start Clients > EFS Explorer section. A Phone Selection will pop-up. U will find your device there connected. Click OK button. Wait for a few seconds / minutes until your storage gets read. You will see a bouncing bar while the storage is being read.

NOTE - If you get errors like "The phone you have chosen does not support an embedded file system" , then probably you are damned. Either you are on R or you have missed drivers.

7. Now you got yourself landed in EFS Explorer. Head over to nv > item_files > rfnv .
    You will see a lot of files named 0002xxxx . Don't worry xD ;) you need to deal with only one file.
    Locate 00028874 and back it up to a safe place by clicking on it and selecting "Copy Data File to PC".

8. Now comes the real deal to be dealt with :) You need to replace the file 00028874 .
    I will be providing you a modified file of 00028874 and you need to replace this with the original one, assuming you already backed up the original file as per Step 7 .
    > Download the attached "modified" file.
    > Delete the original file by clicking on it and then Delete
    > After successful deletion of 00028874, right-click on empty space and "Copy Data File from PC" and select the downloaded "modified 00028874" , Upload it by selecting OK and keeping settings untouched. The downloaded file should not have any extensions !!
    > Look in the folder if the file is successfully uploaded or not. It should have same atttributes as others.

9. After successful "operation" xD , disconnect your phone. REBOOT!!!

|| Look for the next post for verifying CA ||
    || Few important notes and QA ||

1. How to revert back / Will I lose my CA ?

Ans: You arent going to lose CA unless you flash EFS / QCN backup. Flashing modem / firmware won't take away your CA. Reportedly, locking bands might take away your CA if done via NSG and not all are affected with this mishap.
    In case you want to revert, just load the backed up "00028874" and you are back again. Or you can just restore the EFS backup which you have safely kept aside on following the steps on previous post.

2. Is it a fake / facade ?

Ans: No, I conducted few tests , side-by-side with my A50 ( CA out-of-box ) and under same conditions, both devices managed to provide same speed.
    I am attaching few comparative screenshots and kindly watch carefully to distinguish.
    1609073251535.png
    1609073279477.png

1609073355204.png
    1609073388831.png

3. Will it fukcup my mobile phone ?

Ans: No, unless you are a careless brat and mis-followed a step. Other then, there are no such incidents yet reported by anyone.

4. I have a diff device. What shall I do ??

Ans: Same steps to follow, just the contents of the file is different.
    Here is a Generator and Combolist and follow 3rd Step from the link.
    Generator
    Combolist
    Link

So, its your time to decide.

--Signing-off
    || My Opinions and Personals ||

[ for nerds ]
    Since violet seems to support only 2CA, you can try selecting any two bands and prior selecting remember to find out which two bands is best-fitting throughputs.
    2100 and higher bands are best-performers in my case.

[general case]
    If I do not care about aggregation on Jio, I usually get 1MBps speed on upload on 1800Mhz.
    850Mhz is the best-performer on downloads. But after aggregation, I usually get nicer speeds if I keep all bands untouched. Because, 850 and 1800 is needed for surfing.

[thanksgiving]
    > Artem_sid [ 4pda guide ]
    > @Roz_in [telegram]
    So, you need to verify whether you really have enabled CA or not !

Listen Buddy, first of all , CA is regional / region-dependent. It isnt like you are gonna get CA from wherever the f you live. Cities / Towns have a higher probability of aggregation.

Here are few checks I am mentioning.
    1. Open Phone Dialer and dial "*#*#4636#*#*" to enter in Testing menu.
    2. Tap on Phone Information and check "LTE physical channel configuration".
    If CA is working, It will show you two connections PrimaryServing and SecondaryServing along with their bandwidth, otherwise nothing .
    1609072154346.png

( Screenshot from @M_3L_W1_N [telegram] )

Another proof is from Network Signal Guru. You can see P in first cloumn and S ( S1, S2...) next . You can see LTE 2xCA at the top header . This means two carriers are aggregating.
    Also, you can see 20Mhz Bandwidth in action :)
    1609072351630.png

( Screenshot from my device )

|| Look for FAQ and Solutions on next post and also if u have a different QCOM device ||
    Hello guys, Happy New Year !!

Also this post has been updated and few notables edits are committed to the post.

> Files has been updated on#1 post. Proper reasoning is done. Read the post carefully !
    > Steps has been edited and added a note for users to take EFS backup.
    > FAQ has been updated.

I request you to go through the post once again. I hope things are clear to you.