[GUIDE] Enable navigation on cars with Sync Gen 2 and MyFord Touch

Search This thread

drazil7

Jan 16, 2011
GREECE
Hello, im from Europe and have successfully enabled navigation in my focus. The only problem is that when directions are given, the voice always says in example "in 20, 400 meters turn right". On the screen i see only 200 meters distance to the right turn and always says "20" before any distance instruction. So the voice instruction regarding distance is always wrong. Has anybody come up with this problem? I have the latest F5 maps.
Hi my friend...i have the same issue, did you find a solution ?????

TMCSMITH

Jan 25, 2022
I have been trying to get my navigation system on my ford escape 2013 did the update but when I try to do the navigation patch it says bad file any help would be great and still have no idea how to figure out the checksum

Attachments

• 20220122_233736.jpg
    20220122_233736.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 20220122_233310.jpg
    20220122_233310.jpg
    835.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220122_231927.jpg
    20220122_231927.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39

Enos68

Oct 7, 2017
I have been trying to get my navigation system on my ford escape 2013 did the update but when I try to do the navigation patch it says bad file any help would be great and still have no idea how to figure out the checksum
Check the .lst file on your update drive. Sometimes they mess up the dates or version coding. All should be the same. I had this once and manually changing the version to the correct on, it worked without a problem.

Enos68

Oct 7, 2017
We're would I find that at
Hi, on the update drive, there is a folder "mydrive" or something similar. Do not remember exactly. It is listing the update files. which needs to be loaded to the system. It is a simple text file, so just open it with a text editor. Inside the first raws are the version, like 3.10 or whatever use upgrade to. In the versions is repeated in other raw too, but if that is different, you get an error message like what you were showing. The other problem might be, if the list is containing files which do not exist on your drive. If that is the case, either try to download the correct update package, or you can try to delete the lines from the file to match the list of files you have. But this might be risky. So if you have the version problem, that is easy, match the versions in all lines. If you have missing files, look for another download.

Coonflea

Feb 25, 2022
I know this thread is probably dead but have done everything listed. Only thing I can get to work is navigation showing up in settings. Not sure if I had a bad file or what but says insert sd and nothing happens. Have done a master reset and nothing. I can give photos tomorrow if it helps. Vehicle info is 2013 Ford F-150 fx4 with the 4 quadrant touchscreen

lenko1

Dec 26, 2016
I know this thread is probably dead but have done everything listed. Only thing I can get to work is navigation showing up in settings. Not sure if I had a bad file or what but says insert sd and nothing happens. Have done a master reset and nothing. I can give photos tomorrow if it helps. Vehicle info is 2013 Ford F-150 fx4 with the 4 quadrant touchscreen
What's a 4 quadrant screen? You need to have an 8" touch screen with Sync 2 Version 3.08. ( 3.08 works best.) If you have the latest ver 3.10 - then it's a little harder. And, are inserting a Navigation USB for your area, A version for North America or the F version for Europe?

lenko1

Dec 26, 2016
Hi, on the update drive, there is a folder "mydrive" or something similar. Do not remember exactly. It is listing the update files. which needs to be loaded to the system. It is a simple text file, so just open it with a text editor. Inside the first raws are the version, like 3.10 or whatever use upgrade to. In the versions is repeated in other raw too, but if that is different, you get an error message like what you were showing. The other problem might be, if the list is containing files which do not exist on your drive. If that is the case, either try to download the correct update package, or you can try to delete the lines from the file to match the list of files you have. But this might be risky. So if you have the version problem, that is easy, match the versions in all lines. If you have missing files, look for another download.

Format the USB with Fat 32 and then put the patch file on it and try again. If you Have Sync2 version 3.10 from Ford (the latest), then it's harder to enable Navigation but doable.

Last edited:

Coonflea

Feb 25, 2022
What's a 4 quadrant screen? You need to have an 8" touch screen with Sync 2 Version 3.08. ( 3.08 works best.) If you have the latest ver 3.10 - then it's a little harder. And, are inserting a Navigation USB for your area, A version for North America or the F version for Europe?
Yes the 8 inch touch screen. Version 3.10 was already on the truck when I purchased it. North America. Maybe I installed the wrong navigation files.

Coonflea

Feb 25, 2022
This Is currently what I have going on. I think I downloaded the EU version and not the NA.

Attachments

• 70BD2CC3-7474-479A-8DE6-33766A157783.jpeg
    70BD2CC3-7474-479A-8DE6-33766A157783.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • C17295BE-4565-4F55-A570-F55DA8F08036.jpeg
    C17295BE-4565-4F55-A570-F55DA8F08036.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

lenko1

Dec 26, 2016
Last edited:

sensorial

Feb 28, 2022
You probably need Riochim's Nav update file for Sync 2 Version 3.10. It's in this thread. I would read the pages here that are appropriate. Riochim and I've posted how do this procedure to update the navigation when you have version 3.10. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/myford-touch-navigation-activation-only.3368080/page-67
File: https://mega.nz/file/xtQBCRhY#g4x3KVBFncz0MGraP0i_dNP6uS-M3s4RhTv85JsjozA
I need a ready file to go from 3.10 PL to 3.08 PL or someone can send a ready

PSYCHOBOY18

May 11, 2010
plz help i update myford touch to the lates update like a month ago everything was fine till 2 days ago the touch scree dont respond i try to resert it and nothing unplug the battery nothing and today try to downgrade it to 3.8 n the system keep saying i already updated plz remove the usb

swetri

May 14, 2022
Hi guys,,,
I have been stugling with enabling the Navigation on an Ford Fucus 2016.
I have enabled via forscan and installed the PNG file, and done the Master reset.
Still not seen the Navigation up in information panel, it asks me to put in Sd card anyway.
As I understand it should be installed all ready but not enable. Or do I have to Install Nav app for this version. If yes, where can I find that file.

Is There anything I missed to do, including some pictures also.

Attachments

• 20220514_155341_2.jpg
    20220514_155341_2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 20220514_160008.jpg
    20220514_160008.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 5

lenko1

Dec 26, 2016
Sure. Put your finger on the unlock and enable it. Install Riochim's Navigation update file for Sync 2. Version 3.08 and then install the appropriate navigation SD card for your country.

Navigation update file here: https://mega.nz/file/xtQBCRhY#g4x3KVBFncz0MGraP0i_dNP6uS-M3s4RhTv85JsjozA

Use only the one for 3.08. Format a USB with Fat 32. Extract the downloaded file to your computer and then copy the Syncmyride folder (unopened) and the Autoinstall.lst file to the USB and apply to your running vehicle.

swetri

May 14, 2022
Sure. Put your finger on the unlock and enable it. Install Riochim's Navigation update file for Sync 2. Version 3.08 and then install the appropriate navigation SD card for your country.

Navigation update file here: https://mega.nz/file/xtQBCRhY#g4x3KVBFncz0MGraP0i_dNP6uS-M3s4RhTv85JsjozA

Use only the one for 3.08. Format a USB with Fat 32. Extract the downloaded file to your computer and then copy the Syncmyride folder (unopened) and the Autoinstall.lst file to the USB and apply to your running vehicle.
Hi

Yes I will try this, I have done this also before all ready but will try it again.
As I'm in europe Sweden), is there an own version for us?.
As I can see It should be Unlocked as It says Navi Unlocked !!!!.

Thanks guys for you help.

swetri

May 14, 2022

I have installed the Navigation now, but still it's not showing up as installed, I'm not shure what yo mean by (unopened)?, I have tryed to unlock, when enable it, it says Navi Unlocked!!!, but on main screen I get the Unlock picture behind as shown in picture, what that can bee. not abel to click it. I also can see the Navigation menu in setting. And still shown tha compass.
It seems to install all 3 files from USB drive without any error and restart 2 times.
I also did master reset and tryed to install after but not success.
Is there something I miss when unlocking the .png file, I just dont know what may cause this.

Attachments

• 20220515_190705.jpg
    20220515_190705.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220515_191028.jpg
    20220515_191028.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 2

lenko1

Dec 26, 2016
In the Navigation update file if you click the folder SyncMyRide it will open to show all the files inside, but we don't want you to do that is why I said unopened. Your USB stick should only have two (2) entries - the SyncMyRide folder and the autoinstall.lst file. You said all three (3) files on the USB. What other file are you trying to install?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought it would be nice to distill all of the information provided in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3368080 into an easy to follow guide. This method was originally described here: https://www.drive2.ru/l/10018006/

Before you proceed, please understand the following:
    • I am very new to modifications like this and I'm not very knowledgeable. If you mess something up, I probably won't be able to help you.
    • The following guide is the steps that I took to get this working on my 2012 Ford Focus. I'm not aware of any car model-specific issues, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any.
    • This guide is for North American cars. If you live in a different region this will still probably work, but you will need to use the MyFord Touch system software files that correspond to your region.

What you will need:

Got everything? Let's get started:

1. Plug (or pair, if you're using a Bluetooth adapter) your OBD2 interface into the OBD2 port on your car.
    2. Put your key in the car and turn it to the On position (the first click after off. Do not put it in accessory mode, which is the second click).
    3. Start up Forscan. You should be on the Vehicle and Interface Information screen (the icon looks like a car with an "i" in a yellow circle on top of it).
    4. Click on the icon that looks like two power cables plugged in to each other to connect to your car. You'll see some information start to populate the log. Wait until it is completely finished.
    5. Forscan might show you a menu with different vehicle options to pick. Pick yours from the list. In my case, it asked if my Focus was 2012 or 2013.
    6. If at any time Forscan asks if you want to save something so you can back it up later, say yes.
    7. Click on the icon that looks like a microchip and under the Configuration and Programming tab, select APIM and press the play icon.
    8. You'll see a lot of fields that are labeled with numbers that start with 7D0. Click the disk icon at the bottom of the screen to save a copy of these original values.
    9. Find 7D0-01-02 and change the first two numbers in the first field from 00 to 04. Click Write to save the change.
    10. You'll see a warning message about the checksum being bad. Click yes to ignore it and continue with the change.
    11. Go back to the Vehicle and Interface Information screen (the icon looks like a car with an "i" in a yellow circle on top of it) and click the unplugged power cables icon to disconnect your computer from the car. You can remove the OBD2 interface now if you like.
    12. Put the png file that you downloaded earlier on to a USB flash drive and plug it into the USB port in your car.
    13. In MyFord Touch, go to settings -> display, and find the setting for changing the wallpaper (I forget exactly what it's called).
    14. Click on Add, and select your USB drive. Highlight the png file, and in the preview box, you should see a blue button that says "enable nav" or something like that. Press it, and you should see "nav enabled" appear above it.
    15. Extract the nav-related files to your USB flash drive and plug it in to your car. It will install some things (be patient, let it finish) and when it's done, you should see an "i" icon at the bottom of your home screen.
    16. Insert your navigation SD card into your car's SD card slot, and you should be good to go.

Hopefully you now have access to a navigation system that is every bit as sub-par but adequate as the rest of the MyFord Touch system. Congrats!

UPDATE: Someone just told me that their car wouldn't read their map card until they installed the package that I labeled optional, so it might be worth a shot if you didn't use it and you're having issues. Again, that package is specific to North America, so if you need a different region, you'll have to find it yourself unless some helpful reader wants to provide a link, and I'll post it here.
    I followed these steps pretty much exactly and everything works perfect. I did a master reset and I did not install the optional update pack and I had no issues with my map card.

also worth noting to fix IPC so instead of compass it says Navigation:
    720-01-01 E5C0-29BE-24D9 needs to be E5C2-29BE-24DB

update: my middle/last part of that string did not match exactly, however changing the 2 bits still fixed the cluster to say Navigation.
    Hi

I have a problem. I do the steps on my mondeo 2015 Europe but doesnt work. If I insert card says bad SD card. Insert valid SD card..
    Do anybody have an idea what ia wrong?
    Is maybe bad SD card, or something else?

Regards

I had the same problem as this and it turns out there is a fix, download this zip folder (w w w.dropbox.com/s/llahdixb1ctj6hx/NaviUpdate_5.67.6.zip?dl=0) place the syncmyride folder and the autoinstall file in the root of a usb stick. The sync system will update and reset, once done so it will come up with the prompt to insert your nav SD card, once you do it should all work.

Hope this helps anyone else, the information in this thread has been very useful :good:
    Nav In Motion is a Region Change (telling the car it's from a region without restrictions on entering data while driving). When you enable Nav In Motion, you lose Sirius stuff. This is documented in the real Nav Activation threads.

Also, you mucked with your AsBuilt, never tried setting it back to stock when you had a problem, blamed/nagged Sirius until they gave you a free subscription, and then when that didn't work you went to the dealership to have them investigate your hacked system?

I'm surprised they didn't reset your AsBuilt data. I also hope they charged you 3 hours of labor.

The ACM bit does nothing as far as we know. No reason to change it. Nobody has reported any benefit or even any change from doing so.
    After a few attempts I finally have Nav on our 2013 Edge. I'm grateful for the assistance I received from a fellow member. We spoke last night and I had missed 1 step in the activation process and that was all it took. I used the png method without doing a Master reset.
    Again many thanks to this site and it's members for the help.