[GUIDE] Enable Note 4 UPSM on 4.4.4 Touchwiz Rom

Search This thread

Albe95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 21, 2013
Verona (Italy)
First of all thanks to xperiacle and his UPSM mod thread and module

Before start the guide some basic requirements:

1. Your Galaxy S4 updated to Touchwiz 4.4.4, even with a Rom (Eudemony,CarHD,...) but should work on stock too (now only for T-Mobile american variant)
2. Root and Xposed
3. A Filemanager with root access

If you've this things then you can go ahead ;)

Now here you're the guide: (be patient and follow the guide from 1 to 17)
1. Download from here xperiacle module.
2. Install as a normal apk
3. Enable it in Xposed and reboot
4. Open it from the drawer and choose "newer kitkat ROM" ( I test both and with the older I face more Force Close)
5. Click on "Proceed" and give it Root access
6. Tap on Reboot now (if not work make a full reboot manually)
7. Open your Filemanager and go to system/app
8. Here delete EmergencyLauncher, EmergencyModeService and EmergencyProvider
9. Download my Emergency Note 4 rar
10. Put my 3 apk inside the rar in system/app and set correct permissions
11. Reboot and open Note 3 Upsm mod from the drawer
12. Choose UPSM ON/OFF
13. Accept the Samsung Terms and condition
14. IMPORTANT: If like me you've double tap to sleep module (or some other that change the action with a double tap on statusbar) disable it from xposed and make a soft reboot.
15. Then re-open from the drawer Note 3 UPSM and re-choose Upsm ON/OFF
16. On the popup choose Enable and enjoy Note 4 Upsm ;)
17. To disable it double tab on status bar and a popup for deactivate will shown.

I didn't tested yet if it fully functional (if it save battery like on S5/Note 4 or less)

Screenshot_2014_10_26_14_43_24.png

06042013052.jpg

Last edited:

omdevsinh

May 12, 2013
Working thanx

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

@Albe95
Is there any noticeable difference between S5 UPSM and Note 4 UPSM? Why you call it Note 4 UPSM?
Because is looking like as note 4 and it from note 4 simple mate

Albe95

Aug 21, 2013
Verona (Italy)
@Albe95
Is there any noticeable difference between S5 UPSM and Note 4 UPSM? Why you call it Note 4 UPSM?
No basically is the same UI only a popup with terms & condition of Samsung when enable first time. I call it note 4 simply because files are from note 4 as S5 files doesn't work on 4.4.4 (should because s5 files are from 4.4.2) :)

Last edited:

_alex74_

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
No basically is the same UI only a popup with terms & condition of Samsung when enable first time. I call it note 4 simply because files are from note 4 as S5 files doesn't work on 4.4.4 (should because s5 files are from 4.4.2) :)

this shows that the code of upsm is now inside the 4.4.4 Rom, otherwise copying simply 3 apk will not work without UPSM code in jars

Very well done m8 :good::good::good:

_alex74_

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
It's not simply copying 3 apk if I am seeing correctly. We use Xposed and Note 3 UPSM Mod app. Am I wrong?

you are wrong just cause you do not know how UPSM is working, needs lot of code added in androidpolicy.jar, framework.jar,framework2.jar and services.jar(maybe i forget some other ..) to get it working. I do not think that exposed add those code in above files as it may differ from devices(porting from S5 to S4 needs a lot of adaption that @tamirda did)

Btw this shows good point, maybe even toolbox can be enabled not so hardly...

Hats off to devs:good::good:

Reactions: Albe95

Albe95

Aug 21, 2013
Verona (Italy)
you are wrong just cause you do not know how UPSM is working, needs lot of code added in androidpolicy.jar, framework.jar,framework2.jar and services.jar(maybe i forget some other ..) to get it working. I do not think that exposed add those code in above files as it may differ from devices(porting from S5 to S4 needs a lot of adaption that @tamirda did)

I don't know if it's already present or not. Come ti ho detto ieri non so bene come funziona quel modulo...
Toolbox I hope too :) it's already in settings:
Screenshot_2014_10_27_20_17_54.png

Conito11

Feb 22, 2013
Master

--
Believes in Christ and you and your family will be safe of the Great day of Jehovah's wrath
I9505 Powered with Phoenix Rom v9.4 - Tamirda
GoogyMax Kernel v1.1.5 - Googy_anas
Philz touch Recovery - Philz
S5's S-view Cover service - Karkasss
Jehovah's Thunder Bootanimation - Pas2001
Bootanimation sound - Me
A lot of mods and stuff - Xda community
Thanks to all of you...

theman1111

Mar 17, 2014
Im stuck in power saving mode i followed all the instructions but when i double tap the status bar it sleep my phone. How do i disable xposed to change this?

omdevsinh

May 12, 2013
Im stuck in power saving mode i followed all the instructions but when i double tap the status bar it sleep my phone. How do i disable xposed to change this?
First you go to xpose and disable double tap to sleep then reboot your device after doubke tap on that bar and see pop up upear to disable ultra power saving mode

Shawn.Killer

Jul 24, 2014
First of all thanks to xperiacle and his awesome UPSM mod thread

1. Your Galaxy S4 updated to Touchwiz 4.4.4, even with a Rom (Eudemony,CarHD,...) but should work on stock too (now only for T-Mobile american variant)
2. Root and Xposed

4. Open it from the drawer and choose "newer kitkat ROM" ( I test both and with the older I face more Force Close)
12. Choose UPSM ON/OFF
14. IMPORTANT: If like me you've double tap to sleep module (or some other that change the action with a double tap on statusbar) disable it from xposed and make a soft reboot.
17. To disable it double tab on status bar and a popup for deactivate will shown.

I didn't tested yet if it fully functional (if it save battery like on S5/Note 4 or less)

06042013052.jpg

Awesome work!!! Does this work on another device other than S4 or only for S4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all thanks to xperiacle and his UPSM mod thread and module

2. Root and Xposed

12. Choose UPSM ON/OFF

06042013052.jpg

Master

--
    Believes in Christ and you and your family will be safe of the Great day of Jehovah's wrath
    I9505 Powered with Phoenix Rom v9.4 - Tamirda
    GoogyMax Kernel v1.1.5 - Googy_anas
    Philz touch Recovery - Philz
    S5's S-view Cover service - Karkasss
    Jehovah's Thunder Bootanimation - Pas2001
    Bootanimation sound - Me
    A lot of mods and stuff - Xda community
    Thanks to all of you...
    @Albe95

this shows that the code of upsm is now inside the 4.4.4 Rom, otherwise copying simply 3 apk will not work without UPSM code in jars

Very well done m8 :good::good::good:

I don't know if it's already present or not. Come ti ho detto ieri non so bene come funziona quel modulo...
    Toolbox I hope too :) it's already in settings:
    Screenshot_2014_10_27_20_17_54.png
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone