• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Enable VoLTE on non Indian S7 variants [S7][SM-G930F/FD][EXYNOS]

Search This thread

Chandansc

Apr 8, 2018
Hello guys,
So many of you might have bought the S7/S7 Edge from outside India and found out that the S7 is not allowing VoLTE to be enabled with Reliance JIO4G network. This is because the hardware supports it but the software is locked for S7's outside India.
The fix is quite simple, it just involves flashing the Indian firmware using Odin.

So here are the steps:

Download links:
Odin v3.11.1 : androidfilehost
Indian firmware for S7 : sammobile

Instructions:
Take a back up of your required files. This process will wipe the internal memory.
Run Odin as Administrator.
Extract the firmware.
Select the corresponding files from firmware to Odin (screenshot attached)
Boot your S7 into download mode (Volume - Home and Power buttons at the same time)
Click start on Odin and wait till the flash is complete.

After you have booted, using OTA update to latest version (will take 2-3 OTA's).
After the first OTA update (~460MB), you will have achieved VoLTE on your non Indian S7/S7 Edge.

Brother can you please fix my issue
I have a Canadian s7 g930w8 exynos I download Indian can but when I tried to flash with odin it says security check pit failed got disappointed af please help brother
If there is any possible hack please tell me bro

labakis

Jul 11, 2018
tnx su_haris

i have a France orange variant S7 with oreo but no volte enabled ,after reading your thread, now i can make video calls and volte is enabled .I just download Greece EUR S7 oreo firmware with last odin 3.13.1 then with a factory reset is unlocked from variant and runs fine.
edit : i flash all files at once bl, ap,cp and home csc

Last edited:

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011
Is this a legit answer to me getting wifi calling working on my g930f international gsm?
I spent this whole frigging week plus 8 hours tonight flashing Oreo back to nougat, BTU to XEU to EE EVR
Root,unroot, to custom rom, flashing ****e because I read here from people it works and it doesn't!
No wifi calling in phone app setting or wifi!

So,will this enable wifi calling on international g930f or what?

atin_garg

Oct 5, 2011
hello guys
i have Samsung s7 G930T - TMIOBILE
I DOWNLOADED PHONE INFO APP , AND THERE IS NOTHING WRITTEN UNDER "AVAILABLE CSC CODES" Its Blank

i want to activate volte for jio
So if i download INS ROM , And FLASH , SO WILL IT ACTIVATE VOLTE?
NEED HELP

atin_garg

Oct 5, 2011
Hello guys,
So many of you might have bought the S7/S7 Edge from outside India and found out that the S7 is not allowing VoLTE to be enabled with Reliance JIO4G network. This is because the hardware supports it but the software is locked for S7's outside India.
The fix is quite simple, it just involves flashing the Indian firmware using Odin.

So here are the steps:

Download links:

Instructions:
  1. Take a back up of your required files. This process will wipe the internal memory.
  2. Run Odin as Administrator.
  3. Extract the firmware.
  4. Select the corresponding files from firmware to Odin (screenshot attached)
  5. Boot your S7 into download mode (Volume - Home and Power buttons at the same time)
  6. Click start on Odin and wait till the flash is complete.

After you have booted, using OTA update to latest version (will take 2-3 OTA's).
After the first OTA update (~460MB), you will have achieved VoLTE on your non Indian S7/S7 Edge.

Screenshot_20161016_101709.png

CAN I DO THIS PROCESS ON G930T TMOBILE?

It has snapdragon processor. is it OK? pls reply

abhi-bits

Mar 19, 2019
Need help!

My model is Galaxy S7 SM-G930F, and the Indian firmware is available for Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD dual sim version. Can I proceed with the dual sim version firmware? Thanks in advance.

krish.hegde

Apr 19, 2019
Hello guys,

So here are the steps:

Download links:

Instructions:
  1. Take a back up of your required files. This process will wipe the internal memory.
  3. Extract the firmware.
  5. Boot your S7 into download mode (Volume - Home and Power buttons at the same time)

This will work for T mobile Version of the S7 Edge? USA version. SM-G935T

Crossbeats

Nov 5, 2019
Bangalore
Can i flash with higher version

Can i flash the s7 with higher version such as 8.0 since i cannot download 6.0.1 from sammobile website with the free account. if i do so will i get volte.

DUchiha

Sep 15, 2020
Latest Indian firmware binary 7?

I know this is an old thread but any help would be appreciated.

I have the latest UAE firmware G930FXXS8ETCA and I tried to flash latest Indian firmware G930FXXU7ETA9 but Odin threw me sboot.bin error. After doing some research I realized that I am getting this error because I am trying to flash a binary 7 firmware on a device which already has a binary 8 firmware.

Samsung has stopped supporting this device so I highly doubt that India will receive another binary 8 update.

Is there a way to flash the Indian firmware on my SM-G930FD without tripping the Knox counter?

Thanks in advance!

Jul 14, 2020
Latest Indian firmware binary 7?

I know this is an old thread but any help would be appreciated.

I have the latest UAE firmware G930FXXS8ETCA and I tried to flash latest Indian firmware G930FXXU7ETA9 but Odin threw me sboot.bin error. After doing some research I realized that I am getting this error because I am trying to flash a binary 7 firmware on a device which already has a binary 8 firmware.

Samsung has stopped supporting this device so I highly doubt that India will receive another binary 8 update.

Is there a way to flash the Indian firmware on my SM-G930FD without tripping the Knox counter?

Thanks in advance!
Same here. I have the edge variant. I flashed a Philippine, and finally Sri Lankan fw. Still no success. I want to keep Knox so can't do anything. My csc did change to INS but no volte on any Indian carrier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

So here are the steps:

Download links:

Instructions:
    3. Extract the firmware.

Which file we need to flash there is not sceenshot attached.
    When u extract the firmware, you will see file names corresponding to the field.names on Odin.
    I will upload the screenshot soon.
    And what happens if i want to have a custom Rom after this stock one ? Will I loose volte ?

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk
    Nope, you will still have the VoLTE since radio files are not changed
    Can I flash this on SM-G930T?
    nope, firmware is for sm-g930f/fd.. dunno what impact it will have oon other variants
    i did everything but my phone shows 4G instead of LTE ... and there is no VolTE icon or toogle in settings... flashed this rom updated from ota.. the first ota update was aroung 450mb or so... when it booted again i search for updates again but it shows that is updated to latest version so there is no more ota updates available...

hmm.. strange.. worked fine for me.. was your phone wiped after flashing from odin?
    also is jio your carrier?
    Give this Man a Award!
    thanks it worked after update got the Volte :)
    Clean and simple.