• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Enable VoLTE & VoWiFi on all devices NO ROOT.

Search This thread

LennARTpas

May 19, 2016
This is a quick guide on how to enable VoLTE and VoWIFI on every OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro device.

This method involves downgrading the OnePlus LogKit APK to the OnePlus 7 version.
I recommend you to backup the existing LogKit APK using ADB on a
Or download an APK extractor from the Play Store, i personally recommend: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&hl=nl

After you extracted the original LogKit you need to download the old LogKit which you can find as an attachment in the thread.
Install the downloaded LogKit APK and follow the steps:

1. Open the Dialer app on the device.
2. dial *#800# and LogKit will open up.
3. Scroll all the way down and click on Function Switch (this is missing from the stock OnePlus 8 LogKit APK).
4. Select VoLTE and when prompted to reboot, press cancel.
5. Select VoWifi and when prompted to reboot press OK.
6. Your device will now reboot and you should have VoLTE & VoWifi enabled.
7. Reinstall the backup from the LogKit apk (VoLTE & VoWifi should still be enabled when you reinstall the backed up LogKit apk).

The above has been tested to work in The Netherlands.
If you have followed the steps, please let me know what your results are!

WiFi Calling Screenshot:
bBIuNrkl.jpg

Update:
For people experiencing problems with receiving calls when having 2 sim cards installed. The above steps seem to fix this issue.

Attachments

• com.oem.oemlogkit_1.0-1_minAPI28(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
    947.4 KB · Views: 7,244
Last edited:

allard1997

Apr 12, 2012
Grunn
Hello LennARTpas,

Can I know which network you're on in The Netherlands? I've tried this but it is not working with KPN as of right now.

letum00

Dec 10, 2007
I'm on AT&T in the US. I had VoLTE and VoWIFI working on my Note 8, so I know I had it provisioned on my line before. With this LogKit I was able to enable the VoWIFI switch. After reboot I enabled the feature, disabled data, and made a call successfully.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a successful test but just the fact that the VoWIFI option is visible in SIM & Network menu and I can toggle it on makes me think it's working. Is there a way to test this for sure? I can't test without a SIM and I can't make a call with Airplane Mode on, so is there a way to know for sure the call is going over WiFi?

LennARTpas

May 19, 2016
I'm on AT&T in the US. I had VoLTE and VoWIFI working on my Note 8, so I know I had it provisioned on my line before. With this LogKit I was able to enable the VoWIFI switch. After reboot I enabled the feature, disabled data, and made a call successfully.

I'm not 100% sure if this is a successful test but just the fact that the VoWIFI option is visible in SIM & Network menu and I can toggle it on makes me think it's working. Is there a way to test this for sure? I can't test without a SIM and I can't make a call with Airplane Mode on, so is there a way to know for sure the call is going over WiFi?

I've tested this by setting the prefered call method to WiFi and then make a call to someone.
The following text will show up when calling: Calling via Wi-Fi call Tele2 NL.
Where Tele2 NL is my provider.

i've added a screenshot for you
bBIuNrkl.jpg

letum00

Dec 10, 2007
I've tested this by setting the prefered call method to WiFi and then make a call to someone.
The following text will show up when calling: Calling via Wi-Fi call Tele2 NL.
Where Tele2 NL is my provider.

i've added a screenshot for you
bBIuNrkl.jpg

My dialer only says "Calling..." it does not say the portion where it says "via Wi-Fi call Tele2 AT&T" or the like. I also do not have the Record button at the bottom. Are you using a dialer other than the one which comes with the stock ROM.

LennARTpas

May 19, 2016
My dialer only says "Calling..." it does not say the portion where it says "via Wi-Fi call Tele2 AT&T" or the like. I also do not have the Record button at the bottom. Are you using a dialer other than the one which comes with the stock ROM.
Can't really say why wifi calling isn't working for you

I'm using the stock dialer. i've used jOnePlus Tools to enable the record option on the dialer.
here's a link if you're interested:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.jroot3d.joneplustools&hl=nl

Reactions: joris-remandet

Rollininrice

May 28, 2020
Doesn't work with visible (Verizon pre paid mvno). Once you switch the wifi calling toggle in the network settings and leave the screen, it unchecks itself.

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
boys, u need to do the same stuff as with 7 pro, use the pdc to change the profiles , here's the link, https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/help/force-enable-volte-vowifi-t3934227

basically this thread is just a copy and paste from 7 pro, but only a part of it, enabling just the switches aint gonna work

Anyone on Verizon try this yet? Normally I would have done it by now, but I'm having a busy Monday, and actually have to do some work. I probably won't have time to "work" on my phone until after lunch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a quick guide on how to enable VoLTE and VoWIFI on every OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro device.

This method involves downgrading the OnePlus LogKit APK to the OnePlus 7 version.
    I recommend you to backup the existing LogKit APK using ADB on a
    Or download an APK extractor from the Play Store, i personally recommend: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&hl=nl

After you extracted the original LogKit you need to download the old LogKit which you can find as an attachment in the thread.
    Install the downloaded LogKit APK and follow the steps:

1. Open the Dialer app on the device.
    2. dial *#800# and LogKit will open up.
    3. Scroll all the way down and click on Function Switch (this is missing from the stock OnePlus 8 LogKit APK).
    4. Select VoLTE and when prompted to reboot, press cancel.
    5. Select VoWifi and when prompted to reboot press OK.
    6. Your device will now reboot and you should have VoLTE & VoWifi enabled.
    7. Reinstall the backup from the LogKit apk (VoLTE & VoWifi should still be enabled when you reinstall the backed up LogKit apk).

The above has been tested to work in The Netherlands.
    If you have followed the steps, please let me know what your results are!

WiFi Calling Screenshot:
    bBIuNrkl.jpg

Update:
    For people experiencing problems with receiving calls when having 2 sim cards installed. The above steps seem to fix this issue.
    Can't really say why wifi calling isn't working for you

I'm using the stock dialer. i've used jOnePlus Tools to enable the record option on the dialer.
    here's a link if you're interested:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.jroot3d.joneplustools&hl=nl
    Tested on US unlocked model on VZW, doesn't work unfortunately
    Tested on US unlocked model on VZW, doesn't work unfortunately

Can confirm. Verizon is still a no go.
    Does anyone have an apk backup of the original tool?
    I've added it in the thread as an attachment