[Guide] Enable Whatsapp calls activity -- no root [New method] [APK ADDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mohamedrashad

Nov 15, 2012
ismailia
The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!

Hi folks,
As we saw last days , a fellow guy here discovered a hidden activity in whatsapp that has calling feature.
even if you didn't get an invitation for the feature you still can get this hidden activity and amaze your friends
or maybe you will be a lucky 5.0 lollipop user that gets an invitation

**This method is not like the old ones at all**
**This method makes the calls activity your home of whatsapp forever**

By editing AndroidManifest.xml of whatsapp

Requirements:
  1. Latest Whatsapp apk
  2. ApkTool (HERE)
  3. Basic knowledge of decomipling
  4. Basic knowlegde of editing xml files
  5. notepad++

Steps :
  1. Decompile whatsapp
  2. open AndroidManifest.xml
  3. search for :
    Code:
         <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:name="com.whatsapp.Main">
               <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                   <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
                    <category android:name="android.intent.category.MULTIWINDOW_LAUNCHER"/>
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
  4. change it to :
    Code:
    <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:name="com.whatsapp.Main"/>
  5. Then search for this line
    Code:
            <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.whatsapp.HomeActivity" android:theme="@style/Theme.App.Home"/>
  6. change to :
    Code:
            <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.whatsapp.HomeActivity" android:theme="@style/Theme.App.Home">
       <intent-filter>
             </intent-filter>
         </activity>
  7. Now compile and sign
  8. Uninstall the old whatsapp
  9. Install the modified one
  10. Voila !

**If you are lazy a modified version is available HERE (Thanks @Uncertified Robot)**

This guide was featured on XDA Portal on 6 Feb 2015
Untitled.png

Credits goes to :
  1. Me (of course)
  2. [email protected]
  3. [email protected]
  4. Uncertified [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

luisfl97

Feb 6, 2015
Went through this method on my Moto X. What I have to say is:
1) Strangely, it didn't make "Calls" the home of my whatsapp. The home is still chats.
2) Nevertheless, now, there are three tabs that appear on top of the app. CALLS / CHATS / CONTACTS
3) When I click the calls tab, it shows a phone button on top, where it usually is the "New Chat" button, and clicking it would let me make a call, but it doesn't show any contacts, not even my friends with iPhones who got the call button already.
4) I've tried to force stop the app a few times already and the calling contact list is still empty.
5) I'm on Kit Kat, so I don't know if it's because it's not Lollipop.

tl;dr: I can confirm this method makes the Call menu accessible, but I don't know if it works, because the calling contact list is empty.

mosabajaj

Oct 7, 2014
Netherlands
i found somewhere that to enable whatsapp call just past this code
PHP:
su
am start -n 
com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
to Terminal Emulator and it will enable it.
is this will work?

Last edited:

Ecchii

Oct 21, 2012
PHP:
su
am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
is this will work?

Yeah that works but the call feature disappears after a while, so you keep needing to input that code, which is really annoying.

t3chg33k

Jan 6, 2011
PHP:
su
am start -n 
com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
is this will work?

It works to the extent of enabling the 3 tab interface including the 'Calls' tab, but none of the contacts are available for making a voice call. So, the entire act is kind of pointless at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!

Hi folks,
    As we saw last days , a fellow guy here discovered a hidden activity in whatsapp that has calling feature.
    even if you didn't get an invitation for the feature you still can get this hidden activity and amaze your friends
    or maybe you will be a lucky 5.0 lollipop user that gets an invitation

**This method is not like the old ones at all**
    **This method makes the calls activity your home of whatsapp forever**

By editing AndroidManifest.xml of whatsapp

Requirements:
    1. Latest Whatsapp apk
    2. ApkTool (HERE)
    3. Basic knowledge of decomipling
    4. Basic knowlegde of editing xml files
    5. notepad++

Steps :
    1. Decompile whatsapp
    2. open AndroidManifest.xml
    3. search for :
      Code:
           <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:name="com.whatsapp.Main">
                 <intent-filter>
                  </intent-filter>
              </activity>
    4. change it to :
      Code:
      <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:name="com.whatsapp.Main"/>
    5. Then search for this line
      Code:
              <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.whatsapp.HomeActivity" android:theme="@style/Theme.App.Home"/>
    6. change to :
      Code:
              <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.whatsapp.HomeActivity" android:theme="@style/Theme.App.Home">
         <intent-filter>
               </intent-filter>
           </activity>
    7. Now compile and sign
    8. Uninstall the old whatsapp
    9. Install the modified one
    10. Voila !

**If you are lazy a modified version is available HERE (Thanks @Uncertified Robot)**

This guide was featured on XDA Portal on 6 Feb 2015
    Untitled.png

Credits goes to :
    1. Me (of course)
    2. [email protected]
    3. [email protected]
    4. Uncertified [email protected]
    Just whatsapp me for invitation

+917093748704

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Whatsapp me on +917093748704 if u want calling feature to be unlocked :)
    for rooted devices just use this:
    thanks to @RVR
    STEPS:-
    1- Install the latest apk (Of course)
    2- Open any root explorer (es file explorer preferred ) and navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
    3- Add these 2 lines anywhere in the file but within the <map></map> and save

<boolean name="call" value="true" />
    <string name="call_allowed">all</string>

4- Then go to Settings/Apps/Whatsapp and force stop it !
    Open the app again (duh!)

You have now enabled calls !!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!

but even with my contact having this option enable whatsapp keeps saying I have not internet connection
    I've added the modified version as attachment to this post.
    Version 2.11.505 of WhatsApp was used.
    The Application was extracted from a device with Android 4.4.4 (CM11)
    Guys All u have my number just PM me now on WhatsApp okay or searching for my number here or on another thread okay WhatsApp Server IS ONLINE okay

Edit :: before u PM me installed this version okay
    https://userscloud.com/7ybyhfr1gbqa

Nb phone :: +9613597805

World Is Full Of Nice People. If U Can't Find One, Be One.