• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] Enable Whatsapp calls activity -- no root [New method] [APK ADDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ashutoshkushwaha

Feb 11, 2015
Anyone who doesn't know decompiling and compiling apk files may take help of this article. Link : pctricksguru.com/2015/02/get-whatsapp-calling-feature-without.html
:) :eek:

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
for rooted devices just use this:
thanks to @RVR
STEPS:-
1- Install the latest apk (Of course)
2- Open any root explorer (es file explorer preferred ) and navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
3- Add these 2 lines anywhere in the file but within the <map></map> and save

<boolean name="call" value="true" />
<string name="call_allowed">all</string>

4- Then go to Settings/Apps/Whatsapp and force stop it !
Open the app again (duh!)

You have now enabled calls !!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!

but even with my contact having this option enable whatsapp keeps saying I have not internet connection
On a rooted phone, running KitKat, and 2.11.522, this does NOT work.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

And in the last pages I see people still putting up their phone numbers....

Will the staff actually do anything about this? Come on.

mohamed786

Oct 20, 2014
mohamed786dev.blogspot.in
Root users just follow this tutorial with out the terminal emulator

hai this video guide is very helpful for root users they doesnot need to do any thing with terminal
just download the apk and install it ..................simple method................:good::good:

whatsapp voice call without using terminal
http://youtu.be/cpg_DJ5Wx9Q

javimetallica

Dec 16, 2013
Melbourne
The working APK
download now

credits:
@mohamedrashad
@ Ashutosh Kushwaha from (http://www.pctricksguru.com)(for making such a working file)
@ of course Me

Hi i installed your apk but not work for me, whatsapp work but i don't have the calling interface, i have only the normal screen with chats, how i can activate the calling interface? i Have a Moto G 2014 with Lollipop 5.0.2 official

mohamed786

Oct 20, 2014
mohamed786dev.blogspot.in
Tap on the call button then click on the right upper topmost u can find all contacts.....

Sent from my GT-S7275R using XDA Free mobile app

Hi i installed your apk but not work for me, whatsapp work but i don't have the calling interface, i have only the normal screen with chats, how i can activate the calling interface? i Have a Moto G 2014 with Lollipop 5.0.2 official

did u clear the data before uninstalling the old whatsapp
so if u dont
clear the data and reg. ur mobile no And reboot your device you can find the call tab

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Stop giving out your numbers guys, whatsapp will release an official version with calls when they are ready and besides it is pure luck if you get calls to work and there is no guarantee it will stay working.

abdulghani786

Jan 3, 2015
Hyderabad
www.techglows.com
Get whatsapp voice calling feature instanly

Hello everyone, the above process is not working. If it works it justs shows a voice calling icon. You cant call with this method.

So to get instantly download the file from the attachment below and PM me. By downloading this latest apk of whatsapp you'll get voice calling feature and then when I call you, you will also get whatsapp. Its like invite only mode.

UPDATE : My quota is over. It seems we can invite only 3 persons.

Attachments

• com.whatsapp-2.11.522-450284-minAPI7.apk
    15.7 MB · Views: 1,428
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!

Hi folks,
    As we saw last days , a fellow guy here discovered a hidden activity in whatsapp that has calling feature.
    even if you didn't get an invitation for the feature you still can get this hidden activity and amaze your friends
    or maybe you will be a lucky 5.0 lollipop user that gets an invitation

**This method is not like the old ones at all**
    **This method makes the calls activity your home of whatsapp forever**

By editing AndroidManifest.xml of whatsapp

Requirements:
    1. Latest Whatsapp apk
    2. ApkTool (HERE)
    3. Basic knowledge of decomipling
    4. Basic knowlegde of editing xml files
    5. notepad++

Steps :
    1. Decompile whatsapp
    2. open AndroidManifest.xml
    3. search for :
      Code:
           <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:name="com.whatsapp.Main">
                 <intent-filter>
                      <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                     <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
                      <category android:name="android.intent.category.MULTIWINDOW_LAUNCHER"/>
                  </intent-filter>
              </activity>
    4. change it to :
      Code:
      <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:name="com.whatsapp.Main"/>
    5. Then search for this line
      Code:
              <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.whatsapp.HomeActivity" android:theme="@style/Theme.App.Home"/>
    6. change to :
      Code:
              <activity android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode" android:label="@string/app_name" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:name="com.whatsapp.HomeActivity" android:theme="@style/Theme.App.Home">
         <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                      <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
                      <category android:name="android.intent.category.MULTIWINDOW_LAUNCHER"/>
               </intent-filter>
           </activity>
    7. Now compile and sign
    8. Uninstall the old whatsapp
    9. Install the modified one
    10. Voila !

**If you are lazy a modified version is available HERE (Thanks @Uncertified Robot)**

This guide was featured on XDA Portal on 6 Feb 2015
    Untitled.png

Credits goes to :
    1. Me (of course)
    2. [email protected]
    3. [email protected]
    4. Uncertified [email protected]
    Just whatsapp me for invitation

+917093748704

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Whatsapp me on +917093748704 if u want calling feature to be unlocked :)
    for rooted devices just use this:
    thanks to @RVR
    STEPS:-
    1- Install the latest apk (Of course)
    2- Open any root explorer (es file explorer preferred ) and navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
    3- Add these 2 lines anywhere in the file but within the <map></map> and save

<boolean name="call" value="true" />
    <string name="call_allowed">all</string>

4- Then go to Settings/Apps/Whatsapp and force stop it !
    Open the app again (duh!)

You have now enabled calls !!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!

but even with my contact having this option enable whatsapp keeps saying I have not internet connection
    I've added the modified version as attachment to this post.
    Version 2.11.505 of WhatsApp was used.
    The Application was extracted from a device with Android 4.4.4 (CM11)
    Guys All u have my number just PM me now on WhatsApp okay or searching for my number here or on another thread okay WhatsApp Server IS ONLINE okay

Edit :: before u PM me installed this version okay
    https://userscloud.com/7ybyhfr1gbqa

Nb phone :: +9613597805

World Is Full Of Nice People. If U Can't Find One, Be One.