[Guide] Enabling additional LTE Bands on the Galaxy S7 with U firmware

Search This thread

512FitDave

Jan 25, 2019
How did you get the USB dialer codes to work after flashing to the U ROM? I have the exact same phone and followed the same steps but am unable to activate any of the codes to enter the USB interface so it will allow me to read/write in Qualcomm tools.. TIA for your help.

V useful thread. I have Sprint Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) and according to the Samsung it does not have LTE Band 40 so I went ahead to activate it. However, when I tried the method described in this thread I noticed the Band 40 already is activated. I have U rom installed (G930UUES4BRC1). Does anyone know how to check if which bands are really functional.

2NPLlsG

turbozapekanka

Apr 3, 2015
Will this change stay after factory reset?
I want to send my SM-G930P flashed with U firmware over to Europe, but I would need to factory reset the phone and send it without any sim card.

turbozapekanka

Apr 3, 2015
I read the LTE bands with the DFS tools and it shows that bands 1/3/7/20/38 are already enabled.
So I guess U-firmware already have it enabled and I don't need to do anything else.
Is my understanding correct?

Sep 30, 2007
Worked on S7 Edge

I have a Verizon sim unlocked S7 Edge SM-G935V. I left it stock, no root, and updated the firmware to SM-G935U, XAA version. I then used this method to get all but one of the bands I wanted, 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 17, 19, 25, 26, 29, 30 and 41. The only band I wasn't able to get was band 14 which is an AT&T band. I didn't deselect any bands so I have the other bands that were already selected as well. This method worked flawlessly. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tarar

Aug 10, 2014
Islamabad
Is there anyway to enable bands on exynos models? I have a sprint galaxy A50 and it doesn't support lte band 3 and almost all carriers in my country use this for lte.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Worked on S7 Edge

I have a Verizon sim unlocked S7 Edge SM-G935V. I left it stock, no root, and updated the firmware to SM-G935U, XAA version. I then used this method to get all but one of the bands I wanted, 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 17, 19, 25, 26, 29, 30 and 41. The only band I wasn't able to get was band 14 which is an AT&T band. I didn't deselect any bands so I have the other bands that were already selected as well. This method worked flawlessly. Thanks!

You can only enable bands which are supported by the hardware but hidden via software (NV items). Band 14 is a new ATT FirstNet band, and most likely not supported by the hardware of the S7 series which was made in 2016. Same goes for other bands such as 66 and 71, they came out much later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enabling additional LTE Bands on the Galaxy S7 with U firmware (Root not required) (North American Qualcomm S7)

In this guide, I will guide you on the steps that are needed to enable additional LTE bands on your SM-G930U device and allow you to use LTE if your carrier uses an LTE band that is not supported out of the box by the U firmware. This guide may work for the Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, US Cellular and Tracfone variants of the S7. For this guide, I will enable LTE band 17 for use with my local carrier here in Belize.
    Ready? Cool!

Disclaimers:
    • I am not responsible for any bricked devices
    • Even though this process does not void or trip Knox warranty, you can never be too sure of what can happen, these steps have been done multiple times by me and have not experienced any issues at all.
    • Follow this guide at your own risk.

Things you will need:

1. Windows PC (Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/10)
    2. USB Data Cable
    3. USB 2.0 Port (have not tried on a USB 3.0 Port)
    4. Samsung USB Drivers
    5. Install (disconnect your PC from Internet once installed) CDMA Tool
    6. USA Sim Card (Can be from AT&T, T-Mobile, or Tracfone, have not tried with Verizon or Sprint SIMs) With the Android Oreo Update, you no longer need to insert a US based sim card, to enable Diagnostic Mode, just dial *#0808#.

Procedures:

1. Eject your Sim card if it’s not one of the above (If you have a SIM from one of above carriers, skip this step) (UPDATE 8/6/2018, NO LONGER NEEDED TO INSERT US BASED SIM CARD IF YOU ARE ON ANDROID OREO)
    2. Insert an AT&T, T-Mobile or Tracfone SIM and wait a few seconds, a pop-up like this one will appear, tap OK. Your Device will reboot after a few minutes. (UPDATE 8/6/2018, NO LONGER NEEDED TO INSERT US BASED SIM CARD IF YOU ARE ON ANDROID OREO)
    Screenshot_20170225-214637.jpg
    3. Once Reboot, go to the phone dialer, enter *#0808#, a USB Settings screen like this will appear. Click your home button to go directly to your home screen, do not click back.
    Screenshot_20170225-214840.png
    4. Remove Sim Card, insert your carrier sim and reboot the device without closing the USB Settings (if your carrier is one of the above skip this step)
    5. Once rebooted, click on the app switcher, select usb settings app, tap on DM + MODEM + ADB, tap Reboot. (do not close the USB Settings app yet you will need it again)
    Screenshot_20170225-215403.png

PC STEPS

6. Once booted, connect device to PC, wait for it to install all the drivers, verify it on device manager.
    guide1.png
    7. At this point you should be disconnected from your internet connection. MUST DISCONNECT!
    8. Fire up DFS Tools folder on your desktop, double click on Qualcomm Tool
    9. It will ask for login but ignore it, select your Samsung Mobile USB Serial port to connect DFS to your device.
    10. Click Band Tab>LTE tab>click read, click read again.
    guide8.png
    11. Check your LTE band you want to enable (do note that some of these bands may not work. For this guide, I will be enabling LTE band 17 (700).
    guide9.png
    12. Click on write, click yes/ok on warning diag, wait for timer to go down and it writes the changes to your device.
    guide10.png
    13. Reboot your S7, connect it again to DFS and verify band was written successfully to the NV by going back to the LTE tab and clicking “read”.
    14. If the band you enabled stays checked, disconnect your device at this point from PC, if the check goes away, it may mean that band is not supported in the U firmware.
    15. Dial *#0011# and verify your device is connected to LTE. See below images:
    17. Switch to the USB settings app, select MTP, Tap reboot. Once booted again you can now close it.
    18. Say thanks if successful.

Before:
    Screenshot_20170225-215154.jpg Screenshot_20170225-215206.jpg

After:
    Screenshot_20170225-222509.png Screenshot_20170225-222626.jpg

Screenshot_20170117-100138.jpg

Donate if you want to :)
    https://www.paypal.me/micallan17
    Hi, I am on Nougat 7.0, keying in *#0808# in the dialer does nothing, not rooted and stock ROM, anyway I can get this working without downgrading to 6.0.1, I am on a sprint phone that is unlocked, and right now I have an AT&T SIM in it, but I don't get LTE as the bands are not enabled

Actually, you do get LTE on an unlocked Sprint phone, it just displays the bands differently than true gsm phones.
    You will see the letter "H" on the status bar instead of the normal 4G/LTE.
    However, you could expand the bands a bit with the tweak.

On Sprint phones enter ##3424#
    (If the phone was factory reset then it will prompt you to enter for the MSL/SPC code, which can be obtained from your carrier, just don't tell them you're tweaking the bands ; )

On Verizon phones enter ##3666633#

On ATT, Tmo or any other GSM phones enter *#0808#

Hope that helps.
    So this should work on all Samsung qualcomm phones correct?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It may work, this was done on an S7, i have not tried this on any other samsung device.
    OK thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Will this work on stock firmware with Boost(Sprint)?

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Never mind, it worked but should I enable all LTE bands for my carrier?

i think it should work, try it and see what happens?