• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] Enabling DIAG for QPST (updated)

Search This thread

miles_edgeworth

Apr 10, 2020
Please help

When I press enable diag, a popup appears saying that i don't have root installed. But I do have root installed. Even the second method does not work. Can you please help? I really need to flash a qcn file and my device just won't appear.

Reactions: juanappleseed

ehsan96696

Feb 16, 2018
Sacramento
Possibly Stuck?

Hello!
So I successfully unlocked the bootloader on my Zenfone 6 via Asus's official unlocking software, and then used mauronofrio's All in one tool to flash/root the device. I then downloaded and installed the Qualcomm drivers and QPST from your guide, and installed ASUSVoLTE v1.0.1 on my device. When I connect my device, it shows up in Device Manager as "ASUS Android ADB Interface". When I open the VoLTE app and click "Enable DIAG", it just sais "ASUS VoLTE was given superuser rights" and nothing happens. I tried restarting the device twice with no success. Then I got into the root shell and typed in "setprop sys.usb.diag 2" but after I hit enter, nothing happened. The Remote option isn't working either for some reason. Any help guys?

*UPDATE*
I successfully got the remote method to work by running ipconfig in cmd and using the ip address found there. voLTE/voWIFI works perfectly! Thanks!

Last edited:

ALE_Spring

Jan 15, 2018
Hello!
So I successfully unlocked the bootloader on my Zenfone 6 via Asus's official unlocking software, and then used mauronofrio's All in one tool to flash/root the device. I then downloaded and installed the Qualcomm drivers and QPST from your guide, and installed ASUSVoLTE v1.0.1 on my device. When I connect my device, it shows up in Device Manager as "ASUS Android ADB Interface". When I open the VoLTE app and click "Enable DIAG", it just sais "ASUS VoLTE was given superuser rights" and nothing happens. I tried restarting the device twice with no success. Then I got into the root shell and typed in "setprop sys.usb.diag 2" but after I hit enter, nothing happened. The Remote option isn't working either for some reason. Any help guys?

*UPDATE*
I successfully got the remote method to work by running ipconfig in cmd and using the ip address found there. voLTE/voWIFI works perfectly! Thanks!

This is where I'm at, but without the success of finding the right numbers in ipconfig. This may be due to the fact that I don't think I've slept more than five or six hours a night in something like a week, but somehow this isn't making sense where I know it should.

When I go into the root shell and type in these commands, this is where I am.
ASUS_Z01R_1:/ $ su
Permission denied
13|ASUS_Z01R_1:/ $ setprop sys.usb.diag 2
setprop: failed to set property 'sys.usb.diag' to '2'

My phone is rooted with Magisk, the bootloader unlocked, all that fun stuff. Any suggestions?

Thanks, y'all.

UPDATE: I am running a VPN. It is set to kill the internet when disabled and for some reason, even when I turn off that feature, it refuses to connect with the VPN turned off. I'm wondering if that's a part of why the IP address method isn't working. But it doesn't explain why the USB method isn't, despite my phone showing up as a USB device in the file explorer.

Last edited:

VIPLightning

Aug 23, 2018
This is where I'm at, but without the success of finding the right numbers in ipconfig. This may be due to the fact that I don't think I've slept more than five or six hours a night in something like a week, but somehow this isn't making sense where I know it should.

When I go into the root shell and type in these commands, this is where I am.
ASUS_Z01R_1:/ $ su
Permission denied
13|ASUS_Z01R_1:/ $ setprop sys.usb.diag 2
setprop: failed to set property 'sys.usb.diag' to '2'

My phone is rooted with Magisk, the bootloader unlocked, all that fun stuff. Any suggestions?

Thanks, y'all.

UPDATE: I am running a VPN. It is set to kill the internet when disabled and for some reason, even when I turn off that feature, it refuses to connect with the VPN turned off. I'm wondering if that's a part of why the IP address method isn't working. But it doesn't explain why the USB method isn't, despite my phone showing up as a USB device in the file explorer.
If su was rejected, more than likely Shell is not rooted. I'd that same issue. Not sure why, but when I looked at the magisk manager app, I realized that it silently rejected without my phone telling me at all. After toggling that box under Superuser tab, it was finally showing the ASUS_ I01WD:/ # (I own the zenfone 6). Hopefully that's the only issue you were facing and nothing more. Did you try seeing if it was that?

Edit: i know the post is 6 months+ old.

Last edited:

xevex123

Oct 11, 2014
How to change the driver to 901D? Mine detected as 902D in device manager and in QPST application, in the port section, it keep blinking, sometimes detected, sometimes don't, but in device manager nothing wrong.

Attachments

• 16101969368963042845577391288853.jpg
    16101969368963042845577391288853.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, I have finally figured out how to get proper diag support on our device. This will allow us to use QPST and such.
    It will be a pretty short guide as it's quite simple, but it does enable us to do a whole lot of things we couldn't do before.

Downloads
    * QPST
    * AsusVoLTE app

Prerequsities
    * Both methods require root, at least initially. There are several threads on how to do that, so look those up if you need help.

USB method
    Downloads
    * Qualcomm USB drivers

Step 1
    Install the drivers and QPST from above. If you've already done this from my VoLTE/VoWiFi guide there's no need to reinstall them.

Step 2
    When you've done that, install the AsusVoLTE app and connect the phone to the computer and open up it up. Press the Enable DIAG button, and you should hear/see a new device attaching. This should hopefully be enough, but if not, try rebooting the phone. If that still doesn't work try the Remote method below.

Remote method

Prerequsities
    * Both your computer and phone have to be connected to the same network. You may also need to allow port 2500 in your firewall.

Step 1
    Start by downloading and installing QPST from the link above, no drivers or such required. If you've already done this from following my VoLTE/VoWiFi guide you can safely skip this step.

Step 2
    Now run QPSTConfig.exe from the bin folder of the QPST install and wait for it to open up. Head to the IP Server tab and tick the Accept client connections box - we need to do this as we will be connecting to QPST remotely. Take a note of the Server IP Address (this should simply be the ip address of your computer), and potentially the Server Port below if you have changed it from the default value of 2500.

Step 3
    Open up the AsusVoLTE app on the phone, and enter the IP address from the Server IP Address in the field, and optionally, change the port number.
    After this you can simply press the Start button.
    Now that you have done this, you should, momentarily, see a new port appear in QPST Configuration under the Ports tab with a Port number like COM30001 and the Phone column should hopefully say SDM855 (0). If you do see this you are good to go! You can now start exploring EFS and such.

Troubleshooting
    Some people have had issues connecting to the diag port, with EfsTools from the VoLTE guide returning BadCmd and QPST not working either. If you have this problem, try restoring modem settings by running this in bootloader (adb reboot bootloader, or press volume up while rebooting):

Warning: This may cause issues with no service for some, do not run this without a full backup of all of the partitions (in particular, modemst1, modemst2, fsg and fsc) on the device!
    Code:
    REDACTED because people still run these commands without taking a backup

Do note that this will reset any changes you may have done (like enabling VoLTE through PDC).

Thanks to @xbamaris1` for troubleshooting this with me, and for confirming this worked!

Let me know if this has worked for you, and if you have any questions!
    I've updated the guide in the first post - it now has both the usb method and remote method. I managed to get diag working through USB, but it seems to be a bit fiddly and sometimes required that I reboot the phone before it started working.

If you don't want to use the app to enable diag you can simply run this in a root shell:
    setprop sys.usb.diag 2
    This is very interesting. I read in another thread that with nvram access you can try to enable bands (but it may not work). Is this to the point where that can be tried?
    Yes indeed, but we have yet to find a way to enable additional bands. We are working on it though, so hopefully we'll have something soon.
    Please help

When I press enable diag, a popup appears saying that i don't have root installed. But I do have root installed. Even the second method does not work. Can you please help? I really need to flash a qcn file and my device just won't appear.