[Guide] Enabling Full speed Hotspot / Tethering (Throttle Bypasses)

Search This thread

laredotech

Jun 18, 2016
USB tether to Asus Merlin possible?

I was able to connect to the openshh server in termux using putty and set up my proxy in windows 10 without a problem, but it still detects it as hotspot data. I am sure if I use sshuttle it will work, but my goal is to connect my hotspot to my Asus-Merlin router using usb tether :eek: . I can currently do this with my OP6t running with OOS 9.0.3 unrooted, but not the OOS 10.

Just figured I would drop this in here as a working solution.

I've done this for ever and it's not going to be restricted to who you have but it will 100 percent get around any data throttling.
Download Termux app and install openssh-server on it. Go ahead and hotspot your phone, then run ifconfig inside Termux to get your current tethering local IP. It will be the only 192. spit out when you run ifconfig. Save this. Run sshd -dD inside Termux which starts an openssh server waiting to be connected to in debug mode to audit traffic. Now pop onto a PC or router you can SSH into, whatever and connect it to your hotspot from your phone. Now SSH tunnel all the traffic from the device back through the openssh server your running on the Termux app. Now that you are on the same local network you can SSH tunnel into that IP address you saved earlier. As long as you make sure all your traffic passes through the tunnel it 100 percent shows that all your internet is being used by Termux app not your hotspot app so you need no other spoofing of hops or anything because to your phone and carrier you are just using a bunch of data in termux, you do it right you will never be throttled I've used 150GB data multiple times.

Step by step > https://github.com/RiFi2k/unlimited-tethering

F4cedR3ality7

Feb 7, 2018
i need this for my unrooted samsun galacy a20 got a netgear r6400v2 ddwrt router trying to tether with 15gb hotspot plan already used 15 this month

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Could anyone help alleviate some of my confusion? I'm not exactly sure what to. Previously I didn't have to worry about hotspot caps as my 6T somehow made AT&T think that all my hotspot data was, in fact, just mobile data. Now that I am a customer of TMobile, I now actually have to worry about that hotspot data cap, as 600Kbps sounds pretty terrible.

I've read this thread multiple times, I've read threads this one links to, I've downloaded and installed the modules linked to as well (both together and each one individually) yet TMobile still sees me tethering. I've added a new APN, same as the APN that was default, only I added DUN to the APN type. I don't even know if that's what I'm supposed to do, exactly, but I DO know it didn't work.

I'm rooted, unlocked bootloader, TWRP, running a non-Tmobile branded North American 6T (A6013) on OOS 10.3.0. Where am I going wrong? Also, if I need to downgrade to 9.0.17, that's not a problem at all, I would just like to know how to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Main goal is to be able to use my Xbox One X on Xbox live, no FPS games, just a little GTA online and some content downloading here and there... but at the bare minimum I just want to be able to use my Chromecast and allow my daughter to watch YouTube kids off my hotspot and not worry too much about getting bumped to their "3G" speeds of 600Kbps..

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Could anyone help alleviate some of my confusion? I'm not exactly sure what to. Previously I didn't have to worry about hotspot caps as my 6T somehow made AT&T think that all my hotspot data was, in fact, just mobile data. Now that I am a customer of TMobile, I now actually have to worry about that hotspot data cap, as 600Kbps sounds pretty terrible.

I've read this thread multiple times, I've read threads this one links to, I've downloaded and installed the modules linked to as well (both together and each one individually) yet TMobile still sees me tethering. I've added a new APN, same as the APN that was default, only I added DUN to the APN type. I don't even know if that's what I'm supposed to do, exactly, but I DO know it didn't work.

I'm rooted, unlocked bootloader, TWRP, running a non-Tmobile branded North American 6T (A6013) on OOS 10.3.0. Where am I going wrong? Also, if I need to downgrade to 9.0.17, that's not a problem at all, I would just like to know how to get this working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Main goal is to be able to use my Xbox One X on Xbox live, no FPS games, just a little GTA online and some content downloading here and there... but at the bare minimum I just want to be able to use my Chromecast and allow my daughter to watch YouTube kids off my hotspot and not worry too much about getting bumped to their "3G" speeds of 600Kbps..

I'm on same Android version, rooted and I've found that installing these 2 Magisk modules tethering enabler 10.0, TMobile unlimited tethering and then downloading VPN Hotspot (green key icon app) from play store and enable the Wifi Hotspot in the app then enable the wlan0 passthru option its given me the best results over anything else.

Attachments

• tmobile_unlimited_tethering.zip
    74.7 KB · Views: 480
  • Tethering_Enabler-10.0.0.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 422

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm on same Android version, rooted and I've found that installing these 2 Magisk modules tethering enabler 10.0, TMobile unlimited tethering and then downloading VPN Hotspot (green key icon app) from play store and enable the Wifi Hotspot in the app then enable the wlan0 passthru option its given me the best results over anything else.

What version of magisk are you using? I'm on 20.3 stable and the tethering enabler 10.0 tells me installation failed, magisk is not activated.

I've attached the tethering enabler module I've tried. What's the difference between the two?

As for the app, I'm giving that a shot now.. but either way it goes, with the TMobile unlimited tethering module and tethering enabler module, I'm still consuming my hotspot data. Am I missing a step? I know I don't fully understand what the process is, but I assume those modules aren't just flash and forget; I thought the modules just enabled you you edit the APN a certain way to bypass the tethering cap... At least that's what I gathered from ecompton59's posts and the thread he created on the subject, it's just hard for me to follow his train of thought...

Also, I just set up and used that VPN Hotspot app. Coming from at&t, I could control my Chromecast from my device that was running the hotspot. When I switched to TMobile, that ability went away; IP addresses were different.. this app restores my ability to control my Chromecast without having to use ANOTHER device connected to my hotspot just for the Chromecast... So even if it didn't bypass T-Mobiles tethering cap, it's still a win!

Attachments

• TetheringEnabler.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN

What version of magisk are you using? I'm on 20.3 stable and the tethering enabler 10.0 tells me installation failed, magisk is not activated.

I've attached the tethering enabler module I've tried. What's the difference between the two?

As for the app, I'm giving that a shot now.. but either way it goes, with the TMobile unlimited tethering module and tethering enabler module, I'm still consuming my hotspot data. Am I missing a step? I know I don't fully understand what the process is, but I assume those modules aren't just flash and forget; I thought the modules just enabled you you edit the APN a certain way to bypass the tethering cap... At least that's what I gathered from ecompton59's posts and the thread he created on the subject, it's just hard for me to follow his train of thought...

Also, I just set up and used that VPN Hotspot app. Coming from at&t, I could control my Chromecast from my device that was running the hotspot. When I switched to TMobile, that ability went away; IP addresses were different.. this app restores my ability to control my Chromecast without having to use ANOTHER device connected to my hotspot just for the Chromecast... So even if it didn't bypass T-Mobiles tethering cap, it's still a win!

The magisk modules do all the things talked about in the thread that have helped in pie it changes some build prop stuff and the T-Mobile tethering one sets the new apns. I got it to work once using ecompts replacement apn files, but only for a few minutes then back the normal. Using those two modulea and VPN hotspot I figured out I could hotspot to my PS4 no throttle Or T-Mobile detected hotspot data used. It wasn't the fastest but I could get 15mbs + download and 10mbs upload. Then I was experimenting with different radio settings seems like straight LTE gets the best results for just hotspotting but UMTS/LtE works well. Theres been a lot of changes from 9 to 10... Missing apps like engineermode n the logkit are missing so some hacks dont work. Google upped the carrier security big-time for a10 and so we have to keep experimenting and figuring out new ways for success. So if what I shared works awesome please post your results and if u find a better way or alternative way please let everyone know

Attachments

• TetheringEnabler.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: lordcheeto03

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
. Using those two modules and VPN hotspot I figured out I could hotspot to my PS4 no throttle Or T-Mobile detected hotspot data used.

And this was on OOS10? I'll downgrade to 9.0.17 if the tethering hack is easier or more reliable, it's not like there's a giant difference user experience wise between OOS9 and 10...

Also, you just flash those two modules, the TMobile unlimited tethering and the tethering enabler module along with that app and go? There's no modifying APNs, nothing?

potna

Jun 12, 2007
And this was on OOS10? I'll downgrade to 9.0.17 if the tethering hack is easier or more reliable, it's not like there's a giant difference user experience wise between OOS9 and 10...

Also, you just flash those two modules, the TMobile unlimited tethering and the tethering enabler module along with that app and go? There's no modifying APNs, nothing?

did you have success? i think we may be in the same boat? i have the international version of this phone model a6010, on tmobile, on os version 9.0.17 rooted with magisk. i have tried a few things here in this thread but i too dont know what i am doing nor did i have any success.

to be clear: i can turn on hotspot, that has never been a problem its the 600kbps throttle i am trying to fix.

also, this phone is new to me, i was on an old note 4, it was easy to bypass throttle on it but it was two steps, i used a root app called "wifi tether router" and i had to edit the tll one time in regedit on the pcs i used that was connected to the tether app. i had to do both. i think we need to hide that we are using a the hotspot and mask the ttl values.

i am surprised no one has mentioned this two prong approach, but i am not the expert here. side note, you can edit ttl on windows pcs, but not on xbox's and ps4s so they were always throttled which not only slows the throughput down to 600kbps but also doubles the ping from 28ms to 64, which sucks for gaming. anyways i am going to read through this entire thread a few more times to see if i can understand what is going on and maybe report back here with anything i find. its been almost 10 years since i have posted on here, man a lot has changed lol

about an hour or so later i had success. i want to quote the guy who had the solution that worked for me as it seems like his solution worked for me but no one else commented so i wanted it to be known how it worked for me and a few tests i did to confirm some things.

Last edited:

potna

Jun 12, 2007
So far for the last few days I've been getting use of my hotspot without the data being reflected on the TMobile website as hotspot data. All data I use reflects as regular unlimited data. The issue I've run across so far is when traveling, it can revert back to original settings when changing towers, but only sometimes. At home on the same tower, no issues so far.

I did a couple of things to get unlimited hotspot. First I downloaded TTL Editor and set value on all interfaces to 65. Then I added a new APN with the settings in the screenshot. As soon as I saved it, all the regular TMobile APN's disappeared and only the one I added stayed. I have downloaded about 5gb of data through hotspot and so far no hotspot data showing up.

I have a TMobile OnePlus 6t on the TMobile network, converted to international. I hope this works for you. Please don't forget, changing towers SOMETIMES reverts back to old APN. I got back by rebooting and the APN I created showed up again. Also I don't know if everything I did is needed, I stopped when I realized hotspot data was being counted as regular data.

As far as speeds go, I get about 40 Mbs vs the 50-60 I normally get.

You must be rooted to do this.

hey i know its been many months since you posted this but i hope you and others see that this worked for me, i will explain what i did and what i had observed.

i have gave my self a crash course in basically everything, but still have no idea what is going on but it works
i have a international one plus 6t, just got it used tuesday of this week, it is model a6010, os 9.017. 8GB ram 128GB rom etc etc.
i am rooted, using magisk and its manager.
i flashed the two posted zips that were supposed to enable tether and another called tether unlimited, anyways they did nothing for me that i can see, it doesnt mean they didnt set something up to work later.
i created a new apn using the official built in way that anyone can do without root, i used your exact settings but like i said it all meant nothing to me

then i went to my pc and ran a speed test, sure enough i got 30mbps down, i rebooted my phone and turned hotspot back on and ran speed test on pc, i got 45mbps or so, so its still working.

i shut off the phone completely and restarted it and tested the speeds on the pc and it still is working

i went into phone official apn settings and saw my "test" apn was still there and still the only one listed.

i went to my xbox, connected to op6t hotpot and of course it needed an update, but the download went fast 25mbps, i know as i added a network speed utltity that shows me the internet speeds atm in status bar.

as a test, i changed ttl in the ttl editor app to 128 on the phone and rebooted and tada i lost the fast speeds at the xbox. the xbox now apears as a windows pc, its download speeds were back down to 600kbps and 60ms ping.

i changed ttl back to 65 on the phones ttl editor app and rebooted and tada the speeds shot back up to 25mbps.

i edited ttl on all my pcs about a year ago when i first started to use tmobile so they are set to show ttl as 65 and when they hit the phone and then leave it drops to 64 which is what tmobile expects if you aren tethering, so the pcs still get full speed on this hotspot,

as another test, i chose one pc and deleted that ttl entry so it would fall back to default and i still had the ttl editor disabled and tada now this pc connected a 400kbps lol

with ttl editor off i did another test on a pc with ttl changed to 65 and sure enough still getting 30mbps.

my point is that ttl is part of the equation here, as you cant edit ttl on many devices such as unrooted anroid phones and perhaps many rooted phones, tablets smart tvs dvrs etc etc but with the ttl editor you dont have to worry about it. apparently the fact that ttl editing works on our phone is a blessing as finding info on this ttl topic and which phones support has been scarce, i do understand a bit about the ttl as i have been reading up on that for a last week, and about a year ago when i first switched to tmobile. i read that you could edit ttl on this phone which is why i bought it.

:
i also used the ttl edititor app and i set it up just like you said.

what i do worry about is why my hotspot data is showing up as ....well hotspot data and not regular phone data. i have unlimited tmobile hotspot but at 600kbps you may as well not have said hotspot and this apn thing worked.

i do have a question: what exactly was different? i should have took screen shots and why was it so easy to do and all these other folks are having a hard time getting this to work? any ideas? oh and btw is it still working for you?

random bit of trivia the old faithful "wifi tether router" doesnt work on this phone. it seems like he never made it compatible with 9.0 and he stopped updating it back in late 2018 i think, i was planning on using this app to hide the source of data and then use ttl to mask the packers, but it appears maybe dont need to hide the source? all my hotspot data is showing up as hotspot data. this does concern me, also i have a straight talk line and phone and if i can get this op6t to mask everything about the hotspot i will probably pick another one up just for my straight talk line and let the first op6t on tmobile be my internet for the house

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Good I'm glad you were able to get your speed up. Have you tried my little trick to maximize your connection and settings (in this same forum) useful when used in conjunction with these tricks. I implemented the APN changes in the magisks module I posted but I'm not sure if it's working exactly seems to help (erases all references of the T-Mobile pcweb APN and changes it to simply the fast.tmobile apn. In order to absolutely hide your tethering data please download and install VPN Hotspot 2.8 and I use TTL Master set to 63 or 64 depending on what phone I'm using test both you should b able to see which fits better on whatever device your using. It requires root but it's the best way to securely hide your data (it forces all network traffic thru wlan0 essentially mimicking a VPN but doesn't hurt internet speeds like using a real VPN would do. I've tested this method (the magisks scripts actually do help protect carriers from seeing what your doing) along with this app on rooted 6ts on both 9 and A10 is the easiest way to bypass any throttle on your Hotspot or internet. I've hotspot'd over 80gb this month already (my son's PS4 game updates) this trick lets me run all my toys that normally would need me to buy internet from an ISP. I can Stream from Netflix, fire stick, PS4 games online no lag it's a lifesaver.

Another new option for Unrooted stock phone's (any phone/any carrier) I've found is using HTTP Injector SSH/Proxy/VPN. Enabling the hotspot and mod for proxy and setting up the proxy for whatever wifi I'm using isnt quite as simplistic but it works. I wouldn't trust it as well as the rooted method to hide all evidence but it bypasses any throttling if setup correctly. With a rooted phone it can do the same but the apps rooted mode extras had no effect on my 6t and still made me do the proxy server which has to be continuingly updated any time either device is reset.

Hope this information helps some people out there. Working on updating an all in one magisk module that changes the TTL, apns, modifies the system build prop and all that fun stuff... But for now TTL Master and VPN Hotspot are essential on rooted phone's for security against your carrier.
Let me know your results guys!

potna

Jun 12, 2007
Good I'm glad you were able to get your speed up. Have you tried my little trick to maximize your connection and settings (in this same forum) useful when used in conjunction with these tricks. I implemented the APN changes in the magisks module I posted but I'm not sure if it's working exactly seems to help (erases all references of the T-Mobile pcweb APN and changes it to simply the fast.tmobile apn. In order to absolutely hide your tethering data please download and install VPN Hotspot 2.8 and I use TTL Master set to 63 or 64 depending on what phone I'm using test both you should b able to see which fits better on whatever device your using. It requires root but it's the best way to securely hide your data (it forces all network traffic thru wlan0 essentially mimicking a VPN but doesn't hurt internet speeds like using a real VPN would do. I've tested this method (the magisks scripts actually do help protect carriers from seeing what your doing) along with this app on rooted 6ts on both 9 and A10 is the easiest way to bypass any throttle on your Hotspot or internet. I've hotspot'd over 80gb this month already (my son's PS4 game updates) this trick lets me run all my toys that normally would need me to buy internet from an ISP. I can Stream from Netflix, fire stick, PS4 games online no lag it's a lifesaver.

Another new option for Unrooted stock phone's (any phone/any carrier) I've found is using HTTP Injector SSH/Proxy/VPN. Enabling the hotspot and mod for proxy and setting up the proxy for whatever wifi I'm using isnt quite as simplistic but it works. I wouldn't trust it as well as the rooted method to hide all evidence but it bypasses any throttling if setup correctly. With a rooted phone it can do the same but the apps rooted mode extras had no effect on my 6t and still made me do the proxy server which has to be continuingly updated any time either device is reset.

Hope this information helps some people out there. Working on updating an all in one magisk module that changes the TTL, apns, modifies the system build prop and all that fun stuff... But for now TTL Master and VPN Hotspot are essential on rooted phone's for security against your carrier.

thank you for your response, i am still anxious about getting this to work at all and i am a bit nervous at the moment, but i do plan to circle back and see what else i can learn here. i did try your tricks and even got the hotspot vpn but it didnt work, but you can count on the fact that i probably did something wrong. there is a chance the modules that were posted here actualy did work for me but perahps the test apn i setup finalized it??? again, once i get my confidence up and get over my excitement of my small amount of progress i will go at this again. i really want to hide this data, and if i am successful i will get another one plus 6t for my straght talk line and do the same there. who knows maybe i already can with a simple sim card swap? when i come back to this topic i will reply to your posts with my findings if you dont mind. thanks again

Reactions: gigilie

potna

Jun 12, 2007

ok, so i have read through this entire thread a few others, i have learned a few clues but still lack real understanding. if i got you right if you use that hotspot vpn thing ...its not really a vpn in how you are using it. it only forces the connection through wlan0 which somehow hides the data from carrier that its a hotspot, right? also you mentioned flashing modules, which ones? keep in mind im on international op6t 9..17 on tmobile.

also my hotspot works, and after fussing around with stuff i can hot spot at 30mbp down but it shows as hotspot data, i want to hide this just incase.
also i know you mentioned ttl editor, that worked for me.
got a feeling that what ever works here will not work on straight talk too, would you agree? but the ttl may apply and the vpn thing may hide it..still confused.
so did most people have hotspots that just wont turn on? i assumed hotspot enabler allows for it to be turned on but also may hide it, i have always been able to turn mine on, as its in my plan, plus im on an international model, but its throttled to the pointless 600kbps.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Not sure how straight talk tracks their hotspot data. And yes in order to fully hide your hotspot data u need to do to get ttl, hotspot VPN and either have the modules going if on a10. The modules modify your props and settings and replace your apns with some modified ones that help hide it as well... I didn't get to fully test these but I they seemed to work but since the system isn't writeable I don't know for how long. In theory the new apn overwrites the TMobile Tethering Apn the pcweb on with the fast.tmo Apn essentially treating all hotspot data as normal data was the theory. So we could further modify the apns to support other carriers. This thread was originally created to figure out what worked and what wont. I didn't have access to Internet at the time and my hotspot kept getting throttled n I don't think itd right or fair for a company to restrict your phone, or double charge you for data so I made it a mission to free our phones.

Reactions: potna

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have tried all the modules, the fixed apns.conf, vpn hotspot, all that on both 10.3.1 and 9.0.17 and no matter what I did, I even did the adb commands to change the build.prop and my hotspot usage was detected every single time.

Out of curiosity I wanted to see if I could just use pdanet to watch a few videos or something, see if pdanet at least could hide my USB tethering... Nope. Using pdanet, connected to USB, hide tethering usage checked, TMobile still ticks away my hotspot data.

I give up... at least once I run over my 20GB LTE hotspot it's still fast enough to handle Xbox live and another phone streaming YouTube kids.. I don't understand how I'm getting 5+Mbps down when they say it's supposed to be slowed to 600Kbps (somehow defined as 3G speed)... I seem to be getting real world 3G speeds after my LTE allotment of hotspot data...

potna

Jun 12, 2007
I have tried all the modules, the fixed apns.conf, vpn hotspot, all that on both 10.3.1 and 9.0.17 and no matter what I did, I even did the adb commands to change the build.prop and my hotspot usage was detected every single time.

Out of curiosity I wanted to see if I could just use pdanet to watch a few videos or something, see if pdanet at least could hide my USB tethering... Nope. Using pdanet, connected to USB, hide tethering usage checked, TMobile still ticks away my hotspot data.

I give up... at least once I run over my 20GB LTE hotspot it's still fast enough to handle Xbox live and another phone streaming YouTube kids.. I don't understand how I'm getting 5+Mbps down when they say it's supposed to be slowed to 600Kbps (somehow defined as 3G speed)... I seem to be getting real world 3G speeds after my LTE allotment of hotspot data...

hey i wanted to let you know that my international one plus 6t on 9.0.17 shows my hotspot data as hotspot, but when i went to my account on a pc to check data usage, all that data data...about 300GB worth was not shown as hotspot, it only showed a total of 1.2GB of hotspot across 4 devices, even though i hotspotted 300GB. so when i saw that i stopped caring if the hotspot data showed as hotspot data. my throttling was removed and i was happy.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

hey can you provide the name of the dev that makes that software. i was going to give this another go on a different one op6t phone i have on straight talk and the only one i see looks different than what i had installed before. i cant seem to find much for any settings. i know this has only ben a few weeks but this app seems different than what i had before and yes it had a green upside key, thanks again

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
After starting a hotspot in VPN hotspot are you enabling the wlan0 Option that pops up?? I've got TMobile too these apps work. Right now network speeds are **** because everyone's online tho they get better at night but yeah everyone's affected by the bog

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
After starting a hotspot in VPN hotspot are you enabling the wlan0 Option that pops up?? I've got TMobile too these apps work. Right now network speeds are **** because everyone's online tho they get better at night but yeah everyone's affected by the bog

Yup, I've been doing that. Still getting throttled to 500KPS. I can still bypass by using PDANet, but that connection has always seemed to drop randomly.

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
For me on Metro by T-mobile on my OnePlus 6t stock rooted on OOS 10.3.7 this here I'm attaching from another tether thread works perfect and is very simple!!
BIG thanks to @daviderickson for this method!!! My tether was off because I have only a small tether plan with Metro by T-mobile and this got her going again. I've been using my hotspot now 30-40 mins or so and seems to not be throttled. Hope this info helps someone. If so PLEASE be SURE and give @daviderickson some "likes" on his post as that is where I got it from. I couldn't locate the thread just now when I did a quick search. If you have same issue and attempt to look him up maybe just search his username. I'll return and edit my post here and add the link in it, if and when I locate it over the next day or so. Sorry about that just in a rush at this time is all. Cheers.
(y)

Edit added: This https://xdaforums.com/t/module-tethering-enabler-for-magisk-v10-v11.3476625/post-80055304 is exactly where I got it from..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200924-154747_XDA_Labs.png
    Screenshot_20200924-154747_XDA_Labs.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your rooted then theres various ways to bypass and if used together chances are good you won't have to pay 2x for data: modifying your apn to allow dun type, adding the line: net.tethering.noprovisioning=true
    to your build.prop and finally using adb from a PC (u can try this even if not rooted) type the following from cmd or powershell: "adb shell" followed by "settings put global tether_dun_required 0" without the " "s and restart your phone n hopefully that should do the trick.

If still throttled by TMo go into Magisk and install tethering_enabler or TTL tethering modules. These modules weren't specifically made for the 6T but they should still be effective. If still unsuccessful then modifying the TTL from the device your trying to tether to will help hide the source of data aim for TTL of 65 to confuse tmo.

If your not rooted then use PDANet USB tether to a PC and hide tether options then create a hotspot from the PC your USB tethered to or use the WiFi Sharing option in PDANet PC Menu. At least thats what works the best for me and I've tried many many things... One other possibility if your on stock no root is to add a new apn with all the same info as normal fast.tmobile.net lte apn only enable MVNO type to GIO for apn type leave it blank and save it. This should hide the default TMobile apn (and make the editor think your using a 3rd party like Mint) now go back and edit the new apn and under apn type put: dun,default,mms,supl try and save it. It should error n say dun not supported... Press Home and force close settings-reboot phone. The dun sometimes will stick if this method isn't patched yet I'm sure it will be soon.

Your final options are to use an app from playstore like VPN Hotspot or VPN Tether they might slow your speed a bit but they should tunnel all your data thru a VPN confusing TMo as to the origin of data. Probably the best and easiest way is by using a custom ROM as most haven't been tainted by Google's latest CarrierConfigManager commits or carrier apn restrictions. If anyone knows how to reverse these commits easily or any other methods not listed please let me know.

I'm currently looking for a clean TMo only dun enabled apns-config.xml so I can overwrite the default n modify the build.prop for a quick fix on any new ROM or update...

As you can probably tell being throttled or having to pay 2x for the same data is a pet peeve of mine and I've spent some time researching the topic. I'd love to hear what ended up working for you or if anyone knows a solid method I missed. Or has a recommendation for a good ROM with unlimited hotspot features built in for the 6t let me know. If any of these Bypasses helped you hit the thumbs up so I don't feel like I wasted hours of my life making this guide:laugh:
    So far for the last few days I've been getting use of my hotspot without the data being reflected on the TMobile website as hotspot data. All data I use reflects as regular unlimited data. The issue I've run across so far is when traveling, it can revert back to original settings when changing towers, but only sometimes. At home on the same tower, no issues so far.

I did a couple of things to get unlimited hotspot. First I downloaded TTL Editor and set value on all interfaces to 65. Then I added a new APN with the settings in the screenshot. As soon as I saved it, all the regular TMobile APN's disappeared and only the one I added stayed. I have downloaded about 5gb of data through hotspot and so far no hotspot data showing up.

I have a TMobile OnePlus 6t on the TMobile network, converted to international. I hope this works for you. Please don't forget, changing towers SOMETIMES reverts back to old APN. I got back by rebooting and the APN I created showed up again. Also I don't know if everything I did is needed, I stopped when I realized hotspot data was being counted as regular data.

As far as speeds go, I get about 40 Mbs vs the 50-60 I normally get.

You must be rooted to do this.
    The app only works if the kernel supports this parameter.
    The only reliable way is
    1. flash a custom kernel with TTL iptable patch
    2. create a new apn and change ipv6 to ipv4 (don't include mms because you will break it)
    3. change settings put global tether_dun_required 0(may not needed anymore)
    4. use a ttl editor to change value from 64 to 65, or use iptable command to do it.

3 and 4 can be done by a automate tool, I use MacroDroid. There is a template in MacroDroid, just search "Change TTL"
    Using my mobile hotspot, so far I have binge watched on Hulu, and downloaded a bunch of things on various devices just to make sure I'm not missing something. So far, 4 days now, I have no hit to my mobile hotspot. The Caps was a typo, but since it's working, I left it. I don't know, all I can say is try it. I don't have any tethering mods, only the Magisk modules listed.