[Guide] Enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi v2

astracd

Jul 6, 2014
But NA stands for North America no..? I'm from Israel.. Or NA stands for something else? lol

Edit: And yes, I just checked on google, there's a different company called Cellcom in NA..
Usually big NA companies own telecoms in other countries overseas.
You can still try it out and see if it will work. But make sure you have your file saved to switch it back if it doesn't work.

MeTaLishSnAKE

May 15, 2017
Usually big NA companies own telecoms in other countries overseas.
You can still try it out and see if it will work. But make sure you have your file saved to switch it back if it doesn't work.
Do I even have to do Step 4 inorder to enable VoLTE? And how do I save my current conf.. ?

And it's not the same Cellcom trust me.. I know this company for years here..

D

Deleted member 8085016

There's someone else who got telstra working, how odd. The only difference is I edited some configs from the testing thread to always enable volte option showing, and I'm on boost instead of telstra. But boost is 99% telstra for all intents and purposes as they are a MVNO with a very special relationship to telstra, a lot of their backend doesnt distinct between them unlike other MVNOs. Or maybe a firmware difference?
Does Boost offer officially VoLTE to premium brands like Samsung and Apple? Because I'm using a low budget MVNO that was accuried by Telia last year. The MVNO doeant offer VoLTE while the owner Telia does. Telia doesn't allow them to have VoLTE because of keeping it a premium feature. Does the hacking tool trick Telstra that the Boost SIM is a Telstra SIM?

Dredead

Mar 29, 2011
Is there anyway to get this working without root?

I've seen the code get thrown around:

*#*#3642623344#*#*

It does make the options appear for VoLTE and VoWiFi, though I get no icons in the notification bar and no hints that it's actually doing anything other than making the radio buttons show in Settings. The reddit thread mentions people having success with only this and nothing else, root included. I'd be happy to paste the code in every start up.

I'm using the Aussie variant sold at JB Hi Fi and I'm with telstra. I gave Telstra a buzz yesterday to activate VoLTE on both my sims in use in this phone, I also just got fresh new sim replacements from them today.

I've copied the APN settings from my old HTC U11 which has VoLTE working. What is this method actually doing or adding to the device that is allowing it to work? Shouldn't it just be a matter of enabling the provisions and the APNs routing the rest?

Any help would be appreciated. I use this phone for work and call quality/drop-outs has been terrible. I'm really hoping this can just bypass those issues, without root.

Cheers

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
The Nothing
Is there anyway to get this working without root?

I've seen the code get thrown around:

*#*#3642623344#*#*

It does make the options appear for VoLTE and VoWiFi, though I get no icons in the notification bar and no hints that it's actually doing anything other than making the radio buttons show in Settings. The reddit thread mentions people having success with only this and nothing else, root included. I'd be happy to paste the code in every start up.

I'm using the Aussie variant sold at JB Hi Fi and I'm with telstra. I gave Telstra a buzz yesterday to activate VoLTE on both my sims in use in this phone, I also just got fresh new sim replacements from them today.

I've copied the APN settings from my old HTC U11 which has VoLTE working. What is this method actually doing or adding to the device that is allowing it to work? Shouldn't it just be a matter of enabling the provisions and the APNs routing the rest?

Any help would be appreciated. I use this phone for work and call quality/drop-outs has been terrible. I'm really hoping this can just bypass those issues, without root.

Cheers
For the record, that dialer code is:
Code:
*#*#ENHANCED4G#*#*
(might make it easier to remember that way ;))

It literally just enables the Enhanced 4G settings, which includes the WiFi Calling option.

However the method in this thread is actually copying the specific Mobile Network settings (MBN) items to the device so that the device radio/modem knows how to enable VoLTE and/or VoWiFi for your specific carrier. Without root you won't be able to do that.

Dredead

Mar 29, 2011
Cheers for that!

Am I able to apply this mod, then unroot and return everything back to stock for the purpose of OTA updates, while still maintaining VoLTE? Would said updates break VoLTE again, having to do it again?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
The Nothing
Cheers for that!

Am I able to apply this mod, then unroot and return everything back to stock for the purpose of OTA updates, while still maintaining VoLTE? Would said updates break VoLTE again, having to do it again?
Once you unlock the device, your device will no longer receive OTA updates. And no, if you return everything to stock, you lose the benefits of this mod.

Dredead

Mar 29, 2011
Ok. Sorry for all the questions, I've only ever rooted HTC devices since the Desire HD, and and the last one I did was the U11, years ago, so I'm a little rusty 😅

I've always gone with custom ROMs, but I plan to stay on the stock ROM for the first time. How would I go about installing official updates without breaking VoLTE? Or is it something I'd have to reapply every time I update?

Also, and perhaps very importantly, do emergency calls work where you're at with this mod? I remember a time when the Diag port could be enabled without root. This sucks a little, what with so many apps like video streaming services now looking for unlocked bootloaders haha.

Last edited: