• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] Enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi v2

Search This thread

The_Insomniac_

Jun 15, 2021
Can you finde your phone on Qulacomm tools? Maybe this is the right solution: https://telegra.ph/Trying-out-diffe...-SoCmodem-to-make-VoLTEViLTEVoWIFI-work-07-03

Telus Network is what provider?
I can find my phone in qualcom tools. I'll give that a look. To clarify, Telus is mobile network, ISP is Starlink. I have been reading that people seem to be inconsistent about whether Starlink works with vowifi. I thought that might be the issue because it attempts to dial out when I connect to a non starlink router but on the same network. I was going to try with a different ISP somewhere else to see if it is actually working.

jfreund

Jan 26, 2011
I've read the thread, and I need help. I have a ROG Phone 3 I'm trying to use on Verizon. Bootloader unlocked, rooted. I have AsusVoLTE installed, granted SuperUser by Magisk. Phone connected with USB. Hit ENABLE VOLTE, toggle Mobile Data. Hit ENABLE DIAG, then START. Looks like this:

scrn.jpg

QPST finds the phone, says it's on COM30001.

QPST.JPG

Close QPST, server shuts down. CMD to EfsTools, try to check efsInfo. Critical Error.

EfsCriticalError.JPG

Edit .config file to put in COM30001 that QPST said was the port for the phone.

COM30001.JPG

COM30001 does not exist.

CriticalError2.JPG

OK, try remote. Unplug USB, edit .congfig to set remote=True

RemoteTrue.JPG

Critical error.

CriticalErrorRemote.JPG

Set port=2500, because that's what AsusVoLTE says the port is.

CriticalErrorRemote2500.JPG

THERE IS NO COM PORT in Device Manager. Here it is with the Asus driver:

NoPort.JPG

Here it is with the ADB Device driver that showed up after I installed the Qualcomm USB drivers.

NoPortADBdev.JPG

What am I doing wrong?

Seosam

Jul 13, 2016
Germany
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
I've read the thread, and I need help. I have a ROG Phone 3 I'm trying to use on Verizon. Bootloader unlocked, rooted. I have AsusVoLTE installed, granted SuperUser by Magisk. Phone connected with USB. Hit ENABLE VOLTE, toggle Mobile Data. Hit ENABLE DIAG, then START. Looks like this:

View attachment 5364485

QPST finds the phone, says it's on COM30001.

View attachment 5364489

Close QPST, server shuts down. CMD to EfsTools, try to check efsInfo. Critical Error.

View attachment 5364501

Edit .config file to put in COM30001 that QPST said was the port for the phone.

View attachment 5364503

COM30001 does not exist.

View attachment 5364505

OK, try remote. Unplug USB, edit .congfig to set remote=True

View attachment 5364511

Critical error.

View attachment 5364513

Set port=2500, because that's what AsusVoLTE says the port is.

View attachment 5364515

THERE IS NO COM PORT in Device Manager. Here it is with the Asus driver:

View attachment 5364517

Here it is with the ADB Device driver that showed up after I installed the Qualcomm USB drivers.

View attachment 5364519

What am I doing wrong?
Maybe you can try it without the Asusvolte app.
For me it was the only way to activate it.

jfreund

Jan 26, 2011
I got that to work once. The ADB command must have put the phone in DIAG mode - got a list of "Other Devices" in Device Manager. Ran the install for the Qualcomm drivers and the phone showed up on COM4. Got through the whole process with EFSTools.

I think my mistake was that I did this without the Verizon SIM in the phone. After EFSTools, I shut down, put the SIM in, and powered up. Trying to make a call still popped up "No mobile network".

I tried the whole process again with the SIM in, and never got the "Other Devices", never got the phone to show up in QPST. Even tried a factory reset and no luck.

I'm just going to port the number to TMo. Maybe Verizon will work once they decommission CDMA.

NuriLa

Nov 18, 2018
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hello I am currently using the Omni CR. Unfortunately my VoLTE and VoWifi no longer work there. If I take the stick Rome and follow this guide. Then everything goes without problems. But when I start the AsusVoLTE app at Omni Rome. Then it does not ask for root rights. Does anyone know why that is?

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Does anyone have any idea how you can export an MBN from a device with working VoLTE and VoWIFI? (Basically create a new MBN from a given device) I have an at&t branded device and I want to see if that MBN file might do the trick for me as both work on that but not on my device I want to use.

MelquiXDA

May 18, 2010
Recife-PE
Please, can someone automate this in "Tasker" for me (script etc, or make an auto start apk, this solve VoLTE problem definitely)? Thanks!

1. Command *#*#3642623344#*#* in phone keyboard
2. Disable VoLTE
3. Enable VoLTE

JazonX

Dec 16, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
New Asus VoLTE App working with Android 11 here

Any clue how to get the latest drivers ?

Untitled.png

EDIT:

Learned that PDS doesnt work anymore.

Used EFS Tools, and so far stuck with this error on ROG 5.

0023.png

Using EFS Tools 0.14 from here
Latest QPST from here

Any advice / Help is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Preface
    With this guide I can officially deprecate the other guide I wrote, as we will no longer have to hack together a solution by loading profiles for other carriers. Meaning, that this should just work provided an mbn exists for your carrier - doesn't matter from which device. This has been reported to work on TMO in the US, which did not work with my other method.

Prerequsities
    * You must have working DIAG mode. See my other thread for more information on how to set that up.

Downloads
    * AsusVoLTE v1.0.1
    * EfsTools 0.10 modded 1.2
    * EFS items
    * Xiaomi Mi 9T MBNs (optional)

Step 1 - setting props
    Install the AsusVoLTE app from above, make sure to upgrade if you already have it installed. Run the app and press the Enable VoLTE button; this should set some properties on the device to force-enable VoLTE after we have also done the other steps below. If you already enable VoLTE using my old method you can safely skip this step.
    If you prefer to not use the app, simply run this in an adb shell:
    Code:
    setprop persist.vendor.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1
    setprop persist.vendor.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
    setprop persist.vendor.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1
    setprop persist.vendor.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

If you are unable to set those properties for whatever reason, like if you have returned to stock after flashing the mbn and no longer have root, there is another possibility to force VoLTE/VoWiFi; There's a secret code you can use to force-enable it, but unfortunately it does not survive a reboot (not sure why ASUS didn't make it persistent).
    Enter this in the dialler:
    Code:
    *#*#3642623344#*#*
    The number will clear itself, and you shouldn't see any output if it succeeded.
    When you have done this, go to (System) Settings -> Mobile network and toggle Mobile data off then on again. You should hopefully see the VoWiFi or VoLTE icon in the status bar now, but like I said above you will have to redo this if you reboot the phone - so if you can, please use the properties method instead.

Step 2 - making sure it works
    Before we begin, make sure you close down QPST, otherwise EfsTools will error out because there can not be two clients connected at once.
    Unzip EfsTools from above, open up a cmd window and cd to the directory where you extracted it. Depending on how you connect to diag you will need to modify EfsTools.exe.config - if you're connecting via USB you most likely won't have to do anything as it will find the port automatically, unless you have more than one port, in which case you can simply change port from Auto to the COM port of the phone (for example COM13).
    If you are connected via wifi you will need to change port to 2500 (or whatever port you used in the AsusVoLTE app) and remote to true. So the efstool line should look something like this:
    Code:
    <efstool port="2500" remote="true" baudrate="38400" password="FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF" spc="000000"/>
    You can test the connection by running this in the cmd window:
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe efsInfo
    This should report back some info if everything is working. If not, try rebooting the device and redo the bits from the DIAG guide.

Step 3 - disabling mcfg
    Extract efs.zip from above to the same directory as EfsTools.exe, and make sure the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file is there. Now simply run this in the cmd window, one line at a time:
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
    EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1
    If everything worked you should see no error messages.

Step 4 - writing mbn
    If you are using the Xiaomi Mi 9T mbns zip from above, move it to the EfsTools directory and extract it. Now we simply need to find the mbn for your carrier.
    The mbn directory structure is generally laid out like this: <region>/<carrier>/commerci/<country>/mcfg_sw.mbn. For example, the one for my carrier is eu/h3g/commerci/se/mcfg_sw.mbn. Copy the mcfg_sw.mbn file to the same directory as the EfsTools.exe, then go to the cmd window you opened and type this:
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
    To get it working on the second SIM slot you will also have to run this:
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1

If it has worked you should see a bunch of output, but no errors. Try rebooting now, and hopefully after it has booted you will have fully functional VoLTE and VoWiFi.

Source code:
    AsusVoLTE - Github
    EfsTools - Github

Let me know if this works for you, or if you have any questions.

Regards
    Hi. But when I root, which image do I use? That's where I'm most confused given the china version, tencent, republic of gamers, etc..
    There are only two variants: tencent and international (WW). You want the international boot image :)

Regarding something I said earlier: I've just received an update to the Android 10 beta, and after updating volte still works - so it looks like this will remain persistent even after doing an update.
    The AsusLTE app DOESN'T work anymore on Android 11 openbeta. So in order to get Diag mode up and running, you need to type this command line either on your phone running terminal or on your computer running adb Shell before proceeding to follow the instructions by the OP.

Code:
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
    Works great for me thanks! I just got the phone and within an hour was able to:
    1. Unlock the bootloader
    2. Update to latest firmware
    3. Flash root boot image and install magisk
    4. Use OP's DIAG guide
    5. Use this VoLTE guide

Everything works! Thanks OP and to the rest of this phone's XDA community.
    I got that to work once. The ADB command must have put the phone in DIAG mode - got a list of "Other Devices" in Device Manager. Ran the install for the Qualcomm drivers and the phone showed up on COM4. Got through the whole process with EFSTools.

I think my mistake was that I did this without the Verizon SIM in the phone. After EFSTools, I shut down, put the SIM in, and powered up. Trying to make a call still popped up "No mobile network".

I tried the whole process again with the SIM in, and never got the "Other Devices", never got the phone to show up in QPST. Even tried a factory reset and no luck.

I'm just going to port the number to TMo. Maybe Verizon will work once they decommission CDMA.