- May 31, 2022
Hi, I'd like to thank you so much for this as i wasn't able to update my Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra U to android 12 wirelessly but I did from Odin and it was my first time to do such a thing but it worked , just a question cause i really afraid to do the unblock by changing the S/N from U to U1 this device i have is ATT basedband and i don't know what version i have of the boatloader but i think it's version 2 can i proceed to flash the u1 version or it will be a risk on my device and thanks in advanceInstructions are updated to get eSIMINTRODUCTION - Firstly sorry for posting this as this is common knowledge for many. I still see so many people asking the same questions again and again and i do want to help so decided to write a guide.
If you have Odin Flashing questions please ask here. I have converted a device from U to U1 (just for fun) so i know this works, many other users have confirmed this too.
Pre-Requisites - PC / Laptop, USB Cable, Phone
Switch on USB Debugging from Developer options. To turn on developer options go to Settings>>About Phone>>Software Information>> Then tap the build number 7 times - Developer options will appear at the bottom of Settings Menu.
HOW TO - N986U to N986U1 and or Flash ATID or Flash Any Odin compatible ROM
1. If you want to flash or update to One UI 3 Beta then Download the ATID Firmware here. (This point is old when people were on Android 10 not relevant now)
1. For changing Carrier locked device to Unlocked Firmware (N986U to N986U1) Download the firmware for U1 from OTA Thread or by using Frija
OR1. For changing unlocked device to Carrier locked Firmware (N986U1 to N986U) Download the firmware for U from OTA Thread or by using Frija - This is usually being done to get eSIM Capability on your phone
If you are Flashing One UI 3 Stable download the appropriate firmware. (This point is old when people were on Android 10 not relevant now)
There are many resources for downloading firmware, there is a thread in the N20 Ultra forums, there are tools like Frija and SamFW and more, then there are various websites. Where you are downloading from is your outlook just ensure you download Odin compatible ROM.
2. Download Patched Odin here
3. Unpack/Unzip what you downloaded in Step 2 (Odin Compatible ROM) and put in a folder. Lets call the folder "Flash"
4. Run Odin, click on BL, Browse to the "Flash" folder, add BL file from there, Do the same for AP (click on AP, Add AP file, this will take some time), Same for CP (click on CP, Add CP file)
NOTE ATTENTION CAREFUL To get eSIM Capability on your phone if you are on bootloader version 2 please see step 5a and Skip Step 55 . Click on CSC, Add the file with the name starting with Home_CSC). If you use Home_CSC your phone will not get formatted and data will remain Intact
USERDATA Stays empty.
5a. Do the same for CSC (click on CSC, Add the file with the name starting with CSC. This will format your phone and your phone will factory reset. You will lose your data and would need to setup your phone like it was new. USERDATA Stays empty.
6. Now connect USB cable to your laptop (Only laptop and not the phone)>> Turn off your phone >> Press volume up and volume down keep them pressed and plug in the USB type C into your phone.
7. You should be in download mode now, press volume up. In Odin you will see that phone is added.
8. Press start in Odin. Wait for it to finish and let the phone restart (it will happen On its own).
SECTION 2HOW TO - N986U or N986U1 Latest Security Patch or Firmware upgrade / downgrade
1. Download the firmware for Corresponding device - For example if you are on SM-N986U1 then download for U1. If you are N986U locked to TMB, VZW, SPR etc etc download the firmware for U device and your Own CSC from OTA Thread or by using Frija or SamFirm tool.
2. If downloaded using Frija or SamFirm Tool it will be in a compressed folder (ZIP). Extract the firmware files in a folder, lets call it "Flash"
Follow the rest of the steps from Step 4 Above.
SECTION 3Going from one carrier locked device to another one like from ATT to TMob - Use the same instructions as in SECTION1 - just download the appropriate firmware.
FAQCan I get E-Sim with this ?
Yes, I have updated the instructions in this post.
If you are doing this to get E-Sim capability that t-mobile just added here is a post from someone who converted their phone to T-Mobile version (Old Post can be ignored)
WARNING - If for some reason you use ODIN to Flash back to Android 10 after being on Android 11, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA
This is not a guide for Downgrading by whole Android Iteration as in Going from Android X to Android (X-1) or Android (X-2) ____ Versions