[GUIDE] **Experimental** New method to root ICS roms (03/12/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

maxicet

Sep 6, 2009
From the Moderator : This method has Bricked alot of devices and has proved to be inconsistent in its results at the least... and Hard Bricking your device at the Worst. BE careful.... I would recommend more tried and true methods unless you do not mind taking the risks....... Oka1 Moderator

Hello everyone, I was undecided for a few weeks, but now I would like to share this new method (experimental), to get the root on our Galaxy Note, having as a base any stock ics rom. I tried it ONLY with N7000 LP1 and I9220 ZLP1 ics rom, so
I'm pretty sure it will work with all future stock ics rom. I saw this method weeks ago somewhere surfing on the net, but I don't remember where, cause I didn't added bookmark to that page, and I decided to apply it to our beloved SNote....

REMEMBER, this is EXPERIMENTAL method, I will not be liable for any damages that may happen to your device

STARTING BASE MUST BE STOCK ICS UNROOTED DEVICE

Let's start :
1. download this file : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCbGVkTW1YWmVTei1RNW0ySlBiSE1lZw
2. unpack it in your EXTERNAL SD ROOT, in order to have these two files : CWM.zip and SU-Busybox-Installer.zip. This method can't be applied if you don't have external micro SD
3. reboot in stock recovery, select option "2" install from external sd card, select CWM.zip and wait until CWM touch recovery appears
4. now select option "2" install from sd card, then select SU-Busybox-Installer.zip, then reboot
5. FINISH, now your device should be full rooted

Note that with CWM touch recovery YOU WILL NEVER DO OTHER OPERATIONS, like BACKUP OR RESTORE OR SOMETHING ELSE.
The only other thing that I tried is to flash another kernel (best is abyss 3.9 with redpill recovery), then reboot recovery, and ONLY FROM REDPILL do your stuff, like flash a new rom...but I DID IT ONLY FROM LP1 LEAKED ROM, I am not responsible if you do it from another base rom and it doesn't work or brick your device

I REPEAT THAT THIS METHOD IS "HIGH EXPERIMENTAL" AND DON'T TRY TO DO OTHER THINGS THAN THOSE MENTIONED ABOVE

But if for you it worked and you liked it, offer me a coffee for as long as I'm experimenting...:D or simply hit "Thanks"...;)

Thanks to "grgsiocl" and "ferdi90", my first two (and only) beta testers...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

grgsiocl

Nov 9, 2009
Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
this works and I tried long time back with the help of maxicet. ..I was running XXLP 1KERNEL.. ..BUT we loose recovery....maxicet you should buy me a coffee, since I have not reveled..lol. ..

if someone wants to try, first flash the stock kernel, then follow the above said procedure

Last edited:

chasmodo

Dec 28, 2011
Novi Sad
Sounds interesting, but I doubt we'll see a herd of testers galloping in to give it a go. Not after we've all seen the effect the 'monster' had on a lot of Notes.

Kudos for thinking outside the box, though, maxicet.:)

maxicet

Sep 6, 2009
this works and I tried long time back with the help of maxicet. ..I was running XXLP 1KERNEL.. ..BUT we loose recovery....maxicet you should buy me a coffee, since I have not reveled..lol. ..

if someone wants to try, first flash the stock kernel, then follow the above said procedure
ok, next time you'll come to Italy I'll offer you a coffee...:D
Recovery will not be permanent, you must repeat point "3" each time you need it

eybee1970

Jan 22, 2010
this could be the number one method for getting root back after restoring an ICS nandroid...maybe someone tries

Guendaline

Nov 14, 2011
Hi maxicet, I tried this new method on my ZLP1 leaked rom, and IT WORKED FINE !!! now my device is full rooted, thank you so much....donation is on the go...:D

Last edited:

wesyr87

Feb 19, 2006
Hi , great work! :)

I've got a question first, after doing all this, can i install other Custom Roms (like Rocket Rom?), and what's the difference between this "CWM touch recovery" and normal CWM (in other tutorials) ? :)

hell-voyager

Jun 8, 2008
Not working on stock LB1 ITA
In recovery external sd card is not accessible.

Do I miss something?

PDA: N7000XILB1
PHONE: N7000XXLB1
CSC: N7000ITVKL1

ferdi90

Jan 13, 2012
this metod work fine for me! he save me by a soft brick...

From imilka I flashed the miui 4 v6, but the boot stuck at splashscreen, no download mode and i can't do any opration in recovery...

i did this:
flash stock ics kernel
flash cwm.zip (thank maxicet )
flash abyss
reboot recovery
restore my nandroid
and reboot

sorry my english

Reactions: maxicet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the Moderator : This method has Bricked alot of devices and has proved to be inconsistent in its results at the least... and Hard Bricking your device at the Worst. BE careful.... I would recommend more tried and true methods unless you do not mind taking the risks....... Oka1 Moderator

Hello everyone, I was undecided for a few weeks, but now I would like to share this new method (experimental), to get the root on our Galaxy Note, having as a base any stock ics rom. I tried it ONLY with N7000 LP1 and I9220 ZLP1 ics rom, so
    I'm pretty sure it will work with all future stock ics rom. I saw this method weeks ago somewhere surfing on the net, but I don't remember where, cause I didn't added bookmark to that page, and I decided to apply it to our beloved SNote....

REMEMBER, this is EXPERIMENTAL method, I will not be liable for any damages that may happen to your device

STARTING BASE MUST BE STOCK ICS UNROOTED DEVICE

Let's start :
    1. download this file : https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzRB5vMumafCbGVkTW1YWmVTei1RNW0ySlBiSE1lZw
    2. unpack it in your EXTERNAL SD ROOT, in order to have these two files : CWM.zip and SU-Busybox-Installer.zip. This method can't be applied if you don't have external micro SD
    3. reboot in stock recovery, select option "2" install from external sd card, select CWM.zip and wait until CWM touch recovery appears
    4. now select option "2" install from sd card, then select SU-Busybox-Installer.zip, then reboot
    5. FINISH, now your device should be full rooted

Note that with CWM touch recovery YOU WILL NEVER DO OTHER OPERATIONS, like BACKUP OR RESTORE OR SOMETHING ELSE.
    The only other thing that I tried is to flash another kernel (best is abyss 3.9 with redpill recovery), then reboot recovery, and ONLY FROM REDPILL do your stuff, like flash a new rom...but I DID IT ONLY FROM LP1 LEAKED ROM, I am not responsible if you do it from another base rom and it doesn't work or brick your device

I REPEAT THAT THIS METHOD IS "HIGH EXPERIMENTAL" AND DON'T TRY TO DO OTHER THINGS THAN THOSE MENTIONED ABOVE

But if for you it worked and you liked it, offer me a coffee for as long as I'm experimenting...:D or simply hit "Thanks"...;)

Thanks to "grgsiocl" and "ferdi90", my first two (and only) beta testers...:D
    Hi maxicet, I tried this new method on my ZLP1 leaked rom, and IT WORKED FINE !!! now my device is full rooted, thank you so much....donation is on the go...:D
    Thread closed

The method has caused bricks, and no proper credit was given to the original developer - perhaps for his benefit, who wants their name associated with something that creates bricks? Now the bickering - thread closed.
    this metod work fine for me! he save me by a soft brick...

From imilka I flashed the miui 4 v6, but the boot stuck at splashscreen, no download mode and i can't do any opration in recovery...

i did this:
    flash stock ics kernel
    flash cwm.zip (thank maxicet )
    flash abyss
    reboot recovery
    restore my nandroid
    and reboot

sorry my english
    Won't work. Stock GB LB1 doesn't offer updates from external SD card and as previous posters wrote, the stock recovery fails checking the zips. I assume because they are not official updates.

suxi