[GUIDE] Export Your Kernel Adiutor Settings to init.d Script

Search This thread

mark.dx

Oct 20, 2015
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi, there.

The reason I make this thread is just want to share some tips to export your Kernel Adiutor profile settings to make it as a script running via init.d on your device and also as a backup for reasons. Since I'm having some trouble with Kernel Adiutor such as fail to apply on boot on restart, reseting all of my tweaks for no reason after restart, switching from different ROMs, etc. that really grind my gears.

NOTE : I prefer doing this work on PC and using Notepad++ or other text editor since its more easier.

1. Make sure your device is already have working init.d
2. Open your Kernel Adiutor, make some tweaks and save it as a profile in Hamburger Menu - Profile
3. Go to /data/data/com.grarak.kerneladiutor/files/ and copy profiles.json to somewhere else
4. Open profiles.json in Text Editor and copy all of its contents to clipboard
5. Go to https://www.browserling.com/tools/json-to-text to convert .json to txt, just paste it on the text box provided and click convert!.
6. Copy the text inside the text box and create a new files, paste onto it.
7. From this point we will edit the lines and remove unused lines so pay attention to avoid deleting the useful one
8. As you can see there are lines begins with "command" and "path", delete all the lines that start with the "path".
9. After you done with that, next is ONLY delete the words "command" from all lines. you will see fewer lines of codes after all this step. Then don't forget to save it as file without extension ex. : 69mykernelsettings
10. If you want to make sure you did copy the correct code, just do quick cross-check from Kernel Adiutor - Profile and see Information and compare it to the profile you use with the file we just made.
11. Last step copy your file to /etc/init.d/ , dont forget to give it permissions rwxr-xr-x (0755) or it wont executed on boot.

Here are some screenshot example from my profile :
before.png

after.png

Maybe this method is so convensional and too much hassle but it works for me and if you have a better method feel free to share in this thread and give some feedback ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, there.

The reason I make this thread is just want to share some tips to export your Kernel Adiutor profile settings to make it as a script running via init.d on your device and also as a backup for reasons. Since I'm having some trouble with Kernel Adiutor such as fail to apply on boot on restart, reseting all of my tweaks for no reason after restart, switching from different ROMs, etc. that really grind my gears.

NOTE : I prefer doing this work on PC and using Notepad++ or other text editor since its more easier.

1. Make sure your device is already have working init.d
    2. Open your Kernel Adiutor, make some tweaks and save it as a profile in Hamburger Menu - Profile
    3. Go to /data/data/com.grarak.kerneladiutor/files/ and copy profiles.json to somewhere else
    4. Open profiles.json in Text Editor and copy all of its contents to clipboard
    5. Go to https://www.browserling.com/tools/json-to-text to convert .json to txt, just paste it on the text box provided and click convert!.
    6. Copy the text inside the text box and create a new files, paste onto it.
    7. From this point we will edit the lines and remove unused lines so pay attention to avoid deleting the useful one
    8. As you can see there are lines begins with "command" and "path", delete all the lines that start with the "path".
    9. After you done with that, next is ONLY delete the words "command" from all lines. you will see fewer lines of codes after all this step. Then don't forget to save it as file without extension ex. : 69mykernelsettings
    10. If you want to make sure you did copy the correct code, just do quick cross-check from Kernel Adiutor - Profile and see Information and compare it to the profile you use with the file we just made.
    11. Last step copy your file to /etc/init.d/ , dont forget to give it permissions rwxr-xr-x (0755) or it wont executed on boot.

Here are some screenshot example from my profile :
    before.png

after.png

Maybe this method is so convensional and too much hassle but it works for me and if you have a better method feel free to share in this thread and give some feedback ;)
    Very helpful bro, thanks
    Gonna do this :) (y)
    but that didnt worked for me , i m using android q and there is just "init" folder not that init.d
    Looking for a another simple method now
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone