• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Fix Bluetooth Audio A2DP & aptX in any GSI ROM

Search This thread

SrCDA

Mar 12, 2019
This tutorial was made by Craftingmod
Thanks so much for helping us.
Original Post: HERE

--------------------------
Note:tested only on GSI ROMs 9.0

1. Bluetooth audio connection fix
Backup the file /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk
Simply remove /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk via root explorer

2. aptX HD
Install "Bluetooth stack audio bitrate changer for SBC + aptX & aptX-HD enabler" from Download of Magisk Manager or Download Here (APTX for Android Oreo & Pie NOT WORK)

3. build.prop
Open /vendor/build.prop and find "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac" and replace "sbc-aac" to "sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD" (Add -aptx-aptXHD)
Note: if you don't find the add "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD"

4. Restart device and test

Note: if it doesn't work undo everything you did thanks for trying :D

Last edited:

Fillint

Sep 15, 2016
Hi There, and many thanks for you guides https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=9792389

This guide made bluetooth audio and connectio work, but bluetooth calling is not working. Can call but no sound is transmitted, so i cant use it. Any suggestions as how to proceed?
try this , hopefully it will do the trick:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79191978&postcount=5https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79191978&postcount=5

thorvall

Dec 9, 2019
Aarhus
I worked.

Thanks :good: :). I actually did look at the thread before, but had the impression that the GSI Treble roms were of the ASOP variant, contrary to the note: 'NOTE: This works only on CAF based custom roms. It doesn't work on AOSP.'

Am I wrong, or is it the note that does not apply in this case?

Sheep888

Mar 16, 2018
I tried these solutions on the Lenovo Z5 pro GT, but the Phone won't recognise any bluetooth IEM's. The sound keeps playing over the speaker. Does anyone have a solution?

talalahmed

Nov 12, 2017
If someone was able to make it work can you please show me the build.prop permissions!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200218-005912_ES_File_Explorer_Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20200218-005912_ES_File_Explorer_Pro.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 730

ggb77885

May 13, 2020
this ROM is awesome. but there's a problem. my BT headphone no sound.
in developer options, "disable bluetooth A2DP hardware" can't be turned off. any solution?

kidronvalley

Apr 20, 2012
in all the GSI images i installed audio BT is not working.

And BluetoothResCommon.apk is not in that path, why ?

build.prop is there but there is no "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD" entry

Any help to fix bluetooth for this case ? I can pair, to headphones connect, for a moment seems to work, but finally audio get played in the phone itself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial was made by Craftingmod
    Thanks so much for helping us.
    Original Post: HERE

--------------------------
    Note:tested only on GSI ROMs 9.0

1. Bluetooth audio connection fix
    Backup the file /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk
    Simply remove /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk via root explorer

2. aptX HD
    Install "Bluetooth stack audio bitrate changer for SBC + aptX & aptX-HD enabler" from Download of Magisk Manager or Download Here (APTX for Android Oreo & Pie NOT WORK)

3. build.prop
    Open /vendor/build.prop and find "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac" and replace "sbc-aac" to "sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD" (Add -aptx-aptXHD)
    Note: if you don't find the add "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD"

4. Restart device and test

Note: if it doesn't work undo everything you did thanks for trying :D