Thanks so much for helping us.
Original Post: HERE

--------------------------
Note:tested only on GSI ROMs 9.0

1. Bluetooth audio connection fix
Backup the file /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk
Simply remove /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk via root explorer

2. aptX HD
Install "Bluetooth stack audio bitrate changer for SBC + aptX & aptX-HD enabler" from Download of Magisk Manager or Download Here (APTX for Android Oreo & Pie NOT WORK)

3. build.prop
Open /vendor/build.prop and find "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac" and replace "sbc-aac" to "sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD" (Add -aptx-aptXHD)
Note: if you don't find the add "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD"

4. Restart device and test

Note: if it doesn't work undo everything you did thanks for trying :D

Last edited:

CactusJack69

Aug 15, 2018
Hello my magisk cannot seem to find the module you were referring to. Do you have another link where i can download the module?

Fillint

Sep 15, 2016
Hi There, and many thanks for you guides https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=9792389

This guide made bluetooth audio and connectio work, but bluetooth calling is not working. Can call but no sound is transmitted, so i cant use it. Any suggestions as how to proceed?
try this , hopefully it will do the trick:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79191978&postcount=5https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79191978&postcount=5

thorvall

Dec 9, 2019
Aarhus
I worked.

Thanks :good: :). I actually did look at the thread before, but had the impression that the GSI Treble roms were of the ASOP variant, contrary to the note: 'NOTE: This works only on CAF based custom roms. It doesn't work on AOSP.'

Am I wrong, or is it the note that does not apply in this case?

daraza

Jan 30, 2008
it looks like not both ways aren't working for 9.0 Havoc.
we need better solutions.

Sheep888

Mar 16, 2018
I tried these solutions on the Lenovo Z5 pro GT, but the Phone won't recognise any bluetooth IEM's. The sound keeps playing over the speaker. Does anyone have a solution?

talalahmed

Nov 12, 2017
When I change vendor to r/w it goes back to file system read only and I can't save the build.prop file afterwards

talalahmed

Nov 12, 2017
If someone was able to make it work can you please show me the build.prop permissions!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200218-005912_ES_File_Explorer_Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20200218-005912_ES_File_Explorer_Pro.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 917

ggb77885

May 13, 2020
this ROM is awesome. but there's a problem. my BT headphone no sound.
in developer options, "disable bluetooth A2DP hardware" can't be turned off. any solution?

kidronvalley

Apr 20, 2012
in all the GSI images i installed audio BT is not working.

And BluetoothResCommon.apk is not in that path, why ?

build.prop is there but there is no "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD" entry

Any help to fix bluetooth for this case ? I can pair, to headphones connect, for a moment seems to work, but finally audio get played in the phone itself.

AllexBast

Feb 15, 2013
in all the GSI images i installed audio BT is not working.

And BluetoothResCommon.apk is not in that path, why ?

build.prop is there but there is no "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD" entry

Any help to fix bluetooth for this case ? I can pair, to headphones connect, for a moment seems to work, but finally audio get played in the phone itself.
Overcame the lack of sound in BT headphones on android 10 by replacing system / lib / libbluetooth.so and system / lib64 / libbluetooth.so with stock firmware

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
@AllexBast

by any chance have you experianced slow command response with ADB? I just install win10 1803 pro and its so so slow to even run adb devices command. does it make a difference if my device is running GSI Phh A11?

This tutorial was made by Craftingmod

2. aptX HD
Install "Bluetooth stack audio bitrate changer for SBC + aptX & aptX-HD enabler" from Download of Magisk Manager or Download Here (APTX for Android Oreo & Pie NOT WORK)

3. build.prop
Open /vendor/build.prop and find "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac" and replace "sbc-aac" to "sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD" (Add -aptx-aptXHD)
Note: if you don't find the add "persist.vendor.bt.a2dp_offload_cap=sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD"

Thanks, but editing /vendor/build.prop reaquires writing onto /vendor, so what are the apps to offer rw for /vendor?

Last edited:

Rocky7842

Apr 27, 2022
Thanks, but editing /vendor/build.prop reaquires writing onto /vendor, so what are the apps to offer rw for /vendor?
It can be done with root or in TWRP.

But now most phones have aptx-aptXHD support in original firmware, so there's a high possibility you don't need this step. By the way, it is not worth it to fix A2DP though, cause for now it's almost not possible (at lease I didn't solution) to fix bluetooth in call and A2DP offload at the same time. For me bluetooth in call is more important, and there's actually no side effect to turn off A2DP offload as far as I understand.

Anyways, to make bluetooth in call and Aptx (of course others like LDAC) both work, you'll need to:
1. remove /vendor/overlay/BluetoothResCommon.apk (if presented) (if presented and deleted, do a factory reset)
2. remove /vendor/etc/a2dp_audio_policy_configuration.xml
3. Enable "Force-disable A2DP offload" in phh settings
4. Enable "use alternate audio policy" in phh settings if your volume adjustment have any problems (if you got multi ones in different feature category, try different combination until it behave normally)(may require reboot)
5. flash Magisk module "aptx-HD-magisk-10_arm.arm64.zip" to fix aptx support

Now both sbc-aac-aptx-aptXHD-LDAC and bluetooth in call should work. Tested on 2 Qualcomm setups recently with phh android 12 based rom.

Hope this could help you and others having same issues.

Last edited:

sd369888

Apr 16, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
And for xiaomi devices?

What is the apk that I have to delete if my device had miui? :(
Tho Xiaomi's MIUI really modified the whole aosp crazyly,but the device itself is still treble-compactible :)
the file is called MIUIbluetoothres.apk(probably,on miui 12.5's vendor)
BUT you dont need to del it.
To Fix: TURN ON "force disable a2dp offload" in phh treble settings.
that's it.(worked on redmi 10a.(MTK))
(ps: actually aptx is a qcom thing so it probably wont work on mtk devices.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial was made by Craftingmod

2. aptX HD

3. build.prop