• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide] Fix Device not showing up in Fastboot Mode (windows 10)

Search This thread

Mbektic

Jul 2, 2020
Louisville
Hey Guys,

After fighting this for about an hour, and trying everything I could think of, this was the only way I could get my T-Mobile 8T to show up while in fastboot mode.
I tried the below, and probably more...
  • Ensuring I had the latest fastboot version
  • Manually installing the bootloader driver from googles SDK
  • Several restarts
  • Just installing OnePlus' driver that come on the phone per-installed

So for me, the issue was resolved by doing the following below.
1) install the OnePlus drivers that are included with your phone.
--- they should show up as CD Drive: OnePlus Drivers when you just connect your phone to your computer
2) This will create a directory like this... C:\Program Files (x86)\OnePlus USB Drivers, containing the USB driver
3) In that folder there is a driver "" but both when installed from my phone, and a downloaded version, i ran into The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.. So next we are going to disabled signed drivers on windows.
-----Select the “Start” button.
-----Type “startup”.
-----Select “Change advanced startup settings“.
-----Select “Restart now” under the “Advanced startup” area.
-----Select “Troubleshoot“.
-----Select “Advanced Options“.
-----Select “Startup Options“.
-----Select “Restart“.
-----A menu will appear where you can press “7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.
Now Device Driver Signing should be disabled, allowing you to install any driver you like in Windows 10 until you reboot.
4) Boot your device into fastboot mode. This should cause it to show up in device manager as Andriod, with a yellow triangle
5) In device manager(press windows + x to bring up a menu, then you can press m or select device manager for quick access) right click the android device
-----Update driver
-----Browse my computer
-----Let me pick
-----Have Disk
-----Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\OnePlus USB Drivers
-----Select OnePlus_android_winusb.inf and click okay
-----OnePlus Android Bootloader interface should be selected, and go ahead and install it.

After that your device should start showing up in fast boot mode.
I'm not sure if for some reason my driver version just was lacking a hash, or if it is a common issue, but hopefully i'll save someone a couple of minutes.

wangsu10

Dec 25, 2017
There is no CD Drive show up....
find on internet a oneplus usb driver and installed....
then got this message trying to get the [oem get_unlock_code]
Code:
FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Thanks OP.
finally works...

Okay, I just figured out my mistake, but I'll leave it in case someone else stumbles across the same thing. The fix: choose your language, then choose "reboot to fastboot" and confirm that you're sure. You'll get to a screen with "Fastboot mode" in red near the top. Once there, run the get code command.

REFERENCE: reference link

Last edited:

bynarie

Aug 2, 2013
Hilliard OH
OnePlus 7T
Hey Guys,

After fighting this for about an hour, and trying everything I could think of, this was the only way I could get my T-Mobile 8T to show up while in fastboot mode.
  • Several restarts

--- they should show up as CD Drive: OnePlus Drivers when you just connect your phone to your computer
2) This will create a directory like this... C:\Program Files (x86)\OnePlus USB Drivers, containing the USB driver
3) In that folder there is a driver "" but both when installed from my phone, and a downloaded version, i ran into The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.. So next we are going to disabled signed drivers on windows.
-----Type “startup”.
-----Select “Restart“.
-----A menu will appear where you can press “7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.
Now Device Driver Signing should be disabled, allowing you to install any driver you like in Windows 10 until you reboot.
4) Boot your device into fastboot mode. This should cause it to show up in device manager as Andriod, with a yellow triangle
5) In device manager(press windows + x to bring up a menu, then you can press m or select device manager for quick access) right click the android device
-----Update driver
-----Browse my computer
-----Let me pick
-----Have Disk
-----OnePlus Android Bootloader interface should be selected, and go ahead and install it.

I'm not sure if for some reason my driver version just was lacking a hash, or if it is a common issue, but hopefully i'll save someone a couple of minutes.
Yes, I also had to disable device driver signing, then the phone showed up in the bootloader.. You can just open an admin command prompt, type "bcdedit /set testsigning on", REBOOT, then install the proper driver. This seems to be a problem with OOS11.

dogmatism

Dec 20, 2006
The easiest method for any newbie is to install , iobit driver booster , free.

Then update the android driver. The fastboot would be working fine after that.

dankovac1999

Sep 18, 2016
HTC Leo
HTC Wildfire S

I just cant thank as much as I have to! I couldnt find solution for months, I was using magisk module on old phone to use fastboot and it sucked. Now updated driver and works like charm. Thank you so much!

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
Thanks for making this thread. I couldn't believe I were having so many issues on my desktop, when I had managed to get everything right when I first got the phone(8PRO) on my laptop. I had adb & fastboot installed, then plugging in Kona w/ usb debug off allowed me to install the adb driver and then for fastboot(while in fastboot, using window's "device manager" I selected the Google usb driver I had downloaded, and finally for edl mode driver just in case (msm), I installed the qualcomm driver while in edl mode(😅 whew). Anyway thanks,

Last edited:

Zheranon

Jan 23, 2010
New York, NY
I cannot believe I did not see this thread earlier...

Just finished solving the same problem after going nuts for a couple of hours.

It is most definitely just getting the PC to install the OnePlus drivers AND disabling the driver signing.

What a pain.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

exgtigsr

Aug 13, 2010
Hey Guys,

• Several restarts

-----Type “startup”.
-----Select “Restart“.
-----Update driver
-----Browse my computer
-----Let me pick
-----Have Disk

you've saved my sanity on oneplus5T after upgrading to Android Q 10. Thank you 🙌🙌🙌

Reactions: Samuel Holland

behel1t

Oct 24, 2013
I also struggled with this issue but found another solution. Once my phone was plugged in (can't remember if it was system or fastboot) I went to Windows Update and browsed the optional updates. One of the optional updates was a driver for android recovery. Installed it and it worked.

• Love
Reactions: Laapander and smjkh

zzjea

Jan 16, 2017
Houston
OnePlus 8T
Yes, I also had to disable device driver signing, then the phone showed up in the bootloader.. You can just open an admin command prompt, type "bcdedit /set testsigning on", REBOOT, then install the proper driver. This seems to be a problem with OOS11.
Between the OP and this post, I was finally able to get the drivers to work on my 8T (Sim Free- Carrier Unlocked) new phone from Oneplus. I spent several hours trying to determine what the issues were and then found this thread. I am successfully unlocked from the bootloader. Thank you both.

smjkh

Aug 25, 2018
I also struggled with this issue but found another solution. Once my phone was plugged in (can't remember if it was system or fastboot) I went to Windows Update and browsed the optional updates. One of the optional updates was a driver for android recovery. Installed it and it worked.
THANK YOU! This worked 100% for me, super easy too. Went to Windows Update, View Optional Updates, saw the Android External Device update, device showed in fastboot after installing.

Reactions: behel1t

sabinjamal

Feb 15, 2014
Trivandrum
Hey Guys,

• Several restarts

-----Type “startup”.
-----Select “Restart“.
-----Update driver
-----Browse my computer
-----Let me pick
-----Have Disk

ohhh my man, you really saved my time. thanks a lot. appreciates ur help.

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
Hey Guys,

• Several restarts

-----Type “startup”.
-----Select “Restart“.
-----Update driver
-----Browse my computer
-----Let me pick
-----Have Disk

Thanks for this - I know its a little after the fact but 6+ months later this post has gotten me out of a fastboot hole with a oneplus 9. Now fully rooted only for this. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

• Several restarts

-----Type “startup”.
    -----Select “Restart“.
    -----Update driver
    -----Browse my computer
    -----Let me pick
    -----Have Disk

Wow I didn't even realize that I had helped people until now! I am so glad I could help you guys @bigd4ve @jefffeely and @Pain-N-Panic

I cannot believe I did not see this thread earlier...

Just finished solving the same problem after going nuts for a couple of hours.

It is most definitely just getting the PC to install the OnePlus drivers AND disabling the driver signing.

What a pain.