[Guide] Fix "press any key to shutdown" when unlock bootloader or run fastboot cmd

Search This thread

Kajin660

Dec 3, 2022
[Guide] Fix "press any key to shutdown" when unlock bootloader or run fastboot cmd

For some Windows 10 users (like me), it seems impossible to unlock the bootloader of their Xiaomi devices. Because every time they run MiFlashUnlock and connect their phone in fastboot mode to the computer, the phone will immediately exit the fastboot mode and display "press any key to shutdown". At the same time, MiFlashUnlock displays "not connected to the phone".

At the same time, if you manually run the "fastboot devices" command, it can discover the device for the first time, but soon, the device id becomes "??????". After a few seconds, the device completely disappeared from the "fastboot devices" result and disappeared from the Windows Device Manager.

My Xiaomi MIX 2s is facing this problem. I spent a lot of time searching and trying solutions.

* Connect the phone to the USB2.0 interface. Not working.
* Uninstall the kedacom driver. Not working.
* Uninstall all fastboot drivers in safe mode and reinstall the version provided by Xiaomi. Not working.
* Replace fastboot.exe with the version provided by Google. Not working.
* Try different versions of mi unlock tools. Not working.
* Kill all "fastboot.exe" processes and try again. Not working.

Then, I started looking for a different solution on the Internet, and finally found one:

1. Start an admin PowerShell (or admin CMD if you want). You can right click on the start button and select "PowerShell (Administrator)".

2. Enter the following commands to create 3 registry entries.

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "osvc" /t REG_BINARY /d "0000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipContainerIdQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipBOSDescriptorQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f

3. Restart your phone, let it enter fastboot mode, and then connect to the computer. At this point, the unlocking should proceed normally, and the device no longer disappears from the "fastboot devices" result and Windows Device Manager.

I have successfully unlocked my Mi MIX 2s with this solution. And "fastboot boot recovery.img" command works well.

If it is useful to you, I will be very happy.
can i try this to my phone asus zenfone max pro m2?

For some Windows 10 users (like me), it seems impossible to unlock the bootloader of their Xiaomi devices. Because every time they run MiFlashUnlock and connect their phone in fastboot mode to the computer, the phone will immediately exit the fastboot mode and display "press any key to shutdown". At the same time, MiFlashUnlock displays "not connected to the phone".

At the same time, if you manually run the "fastboot devices" command, it can discover the device for the first time, but soon, the device id becomes "??????". After a few seconds, the device completely disappeared from the "fastboot devices" result and disappeared from the Windows Device Manager.

My Xiaomi MIX 2s is facing this problem. I spent a lot of time searching and trying solutions.

* Uninstall all fastboot drivers in safe mode and reinstall the version provided by Xiaomi. Not working.

Then, I started looking for a different solution on the Internet, and finally found one:

1. Start an admin PowerShell (or admin CMD if you want). You can right click on the start button and select "PowerShell (Administrator)".

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "osvc" /t REG_BINARY /d "0000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipContainerIdQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipBOSDescriptorQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f

3. Restart your phone, let it enter fastboot mode, and then connect to the computer. At this point, the unlocking should proceed normally, and the device no longer disappears from the "fastboot devices" result and Windows Device Manager.

I have successfully unlocked my Mi MIX 2s with this solution. And "fastboot boot recovery.img" command works well.

Worked for me! Thank you so much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That didn't work for me, but the download from this thread here worked perfectly for me.