Votes: 81 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
This is a guide for those who are experiencing the problem 'There is no Pit Partition' while flashing with Odin. This problem may be caused because of a faulty USB/micro USB port, USB cable which results in connection problems during flashing. So first of all one should understand this process is Extremely Risky and should proceed only if its that much necessary.

For this process what you need is a PIT file for Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 and the original STOCK firmware. PIT (Partition Information Table) files provide information about where each partitions are to be flashed, so an improper PIT file will brick your phone permanently.

PIT file for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is provided in the attachment, and extract the .pit from the rar.

Follow these steps :

1. Run Odin with Administrator Privileges. Hope everyone is familiar with using Odin or See this
2.Connect your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 inn Download Mode (HOLD Volume Down+Home Button+Power) and see phone gets detected by Odin.
3. Click on the PIT Button in Odin and select the .pit file you have downloaded.
4. Click on PDA, and Browse for the original Stock Firmware File of Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082.
5. Ensure that The Checkboxes Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F. Reset Time are checked.

See This:
Odin.jpg

6. Now Click Start
7. Wait for the process to complete, keep the phone untouched until you see PASS.
8. Switch ON the phone and Play!!

As this process is completely risky, DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO IT IN YOUR OWN RISK!

Good Luck!!:good::good:
Press THANKS if I helped!

Attachments

• baffin_pit.rar
    1 KB · Views: 42,112
Last edited:

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai
This is the pit which was bundled with leaked 4.2.2 update if I ain't wrong ?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

brkoMostar

Jan 16, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello,
I have a galaxy grand 2 sm-g7102 and a big problem.
What I need is just. Pit file for 7102nd When I did the update to a newer version of the process is broken.
Bootloader works, but Odin returns: There is no PIT partition.
I took several official version ROMs with sammobile.com, but when they unpacked find no pit file.

Please any help or ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Hope you can google n find out the .pit file for your galaxy grand 2. Do not go to download the full firmware.. Just search for the pit for your phone..

I could have provided that for you... But this is a new phone and i just dont have any idea, i mean NO idea about this phone and how the partitions are distributed.

If you cant find the pit file.. And you never tried to flash a custom rom, carry it to service centre.

Beware that you dont use pit file of any other device wid the device you have.

Good luck

Sent From GT-I9082

Incohatus

May 14, 2014
I tried following all of that and I always get this error:

<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

It's always failing for me. I tried installing 4.1.2 (I9082XXAMF5_I9082OLBAMG1_I9082XXAME2_HOME) rom for my GT-I9082. Any idea how to fix this? Please help me. I'm really desperate. Thank you.

jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7

It's always failing for me. I tried installing 4.1.2 (I9082XXAMF5_I9082OLBAMG1_I9082XXAME2_HOME) rom for my GT-I9082. Any idea how to fix this? Please help me. I'm really desperate. Thank you.

Has mentioned in OP if its Very much necessary than only u have to use PIT file...Why you want to use PIT file actually??

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi

Is it the full log of Odin which you can see in your computer. Are you sure that your phone is in download mode and got detected by Odin.
I cant see any Added cammand btw.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Incohatus

May 14, 2014
Is it the full log of Odin which you can see in your computer. Are you sure that your phone is in download mode and got detected by Odin.
I cant see any Added cammand btw.

Uhm it's not the full log. Yes my phone is detected. I'll try it again and post the full log.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Here's the full log:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9082XXAMF5_I9082OLBAMG1_I9082XXAME2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Oh and by the way, I'm using Odin3 v. 3.09. Thanks for the help! :)

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Uhm it's not the full log. Yes my phone is detected. I'll try it again and post the full log.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Here's the full log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Just change the USB cord and try again...:)

jayc137

Sep 5, 2012
Mumbai

Here's the full log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Use odin 3.07

Incohatus

May 14, 2014
Okay so I changed the USB cord and used Odin 3.07 but still, it gives me this error:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!

:(. This is making me depressed.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi

Here's the full log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Its not necessary to use the PIT file, even if you use it, it wont affect, but i guess u never seen an error like NO PIT PARTITION, use .pit only if this shoes up. now the problem may be with USB cable, the micro USB port or USB port of your system. Try flashing from another system.

Last edited:

Incohatus

May 14, 2014
Its not necessary to use the PIT file, even if you use it, it wont affect, but i guess u never seen an error like NO PIT PARTITION, use .pit only if this shoes up. now the problem may be with USB cable, the micro USB port or USB port of your system. Try flashing from another system.

Actually that was the reason why I'm using a PIT file right now, because I'm encountering the "There is no partition" something like that, and that's how I end up with this article after searching it. So yeah. Is this still repairable? I've already tried different firmwares for GT-I9082 (4.1.2 and 4.2.2) but still it won't work.

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Actually that was the reason why I'm using a PIT file right now, because I'm encountering the "There is no partition" something like that, and that's how I end up with this article after searching it. So yeah. Is this still repairable? I've already tried different firmwares for GT-I9082 (4.1.2 and 4.2.2) but still it won't work.

I feel its still repairable, i don't think its a brick. Okay if you ended up with the error THERE IS NO PIT PARTITION. That happened only because the flashing process got interrupted while flashing the PIT, the very first time. The interruption might have caused because of USB cable, the micro USB port of the phone (Highly Vulnerable) or the USB port of your PC. Have you ever experienced any problems while transferring data via USB??i had problem with my micro USB port of the phone, I ended up in the PIT issue. What I did was to keep the phone untouched and flashed the phone many times again and again.

Always you end up at the same point or sometimes in the middle of flashing?

Incohatus

May 14, 2014
I feel its still repairable, i don't think its a brick. Okay if you ended up with the error THERE IS NO PIT PARTITION. That happened only because the flashing process got interrupted while flashing the PIT, the very first time. The interruption might have caused because of USB cable, the micro USB port of the phone (Highly Vulnerable) or the USB port of your PC. Have you ever experienced any problems while transferring data via USB??i had problem with my micro USB port of the phone, I ended up in the PIT issue. What I did was to keep the phone untouched and flashed the phone many times again and again.

Always you end up at the same point or sometimes in the middle of flashing?

It's always at the same point. Here's the log when I'm not using PIT (this is also the same thing that happened as before):

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9082XXAMC7_I9082OJVAMC1_I9082XXAMC4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> There is no PIT partition.

I never had any problems on my USB port when transferring files. I always use the one that is directly connected at my motherboard (not using hubs for these kind of purposes).

jackeagle

Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
It's always at the same point. Here's the log when I'm not using PIT (this is also the same thing that happened as before):

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

I never had any problems on my USB port when transferring files. I always use the one that is directly connected at my motherboard (not using hubs for these kind of purposes).

It might be issue with USB cable or USB port of mobile because i had similar Issue and ended with failure of flashing ...Could'nt Start my device then @DMJoh had said to change USB cable and I could flash Successfully but i could transfer the files withou any probs with usb cable but flashing still it fails....!

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Use Odin v3.07 itself.. There is chance that the NAND might be corrupted/damaged. I guess when you turn on your phone you get a warning like "Firmware Upgrade encountered an error, Please update using Kies" something like dat. If u hav a very high speed internet connection, see whether that method works.

Can you elaborate a bit about how these problems evolved. What happened the very first time when you attempted to flash, that particular attempt it went messy.

Incohatus

May 14, 2014
Use Odin v3.07 itself.. There is chance that the NAND might be corrupted/damaged. I guess when you turn on your phone you get a warning like "Firmware Upgrade encountered an error, Please update using Kies" something like dat. If u hav a very high speed internet connection, see whether that method works.

Can you elaborate a bit about how these problems evolved. What happened the very first time when you attempted to flash, that particular attempt it went messy.

Sorry for the late reply. I can't post a comment a while ago because it says on Captcha that my pc is sending automated queries. The first time I flashed my GT-I9082, it was actually quite successful. Quite because it says pass on Odin but it was stuck on a flashing "Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082) and the guide I followed said that I should go into recovery mode but unfortunately I can't so I've read on another site that you can also just re-flash the firmware and so I did and that's how I got the "there is no partition".

DMJoh

Jan 19, 2014
Port of Kochi
Sorry for the late reply. I can't post a comment a while ago because it says on Captcha that my pc is sending automated queries. The first time I flashed my GT-I9082, it was actually quite successful. Quite because it says pass on Odin but it was stuck on a flashing "Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082) and the guide I followed said that I should go into recovery mode but unfortunately I can't so I've read on another site that you can also just re-flash the firmware and so I did and that's how I got the "there is no partition".

It is evident that the flashing was not complete since you cant go to recovery and thus made the Pit error. There is a chance your NAND may be bricked. No need to panic, just try flashing.. If luck favours!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a guide for those who are experiencing the problem 'There is no Pit Partition' while flashing with Odin. This problem may be caused because of a faulty USB/micro USB port, USB cable which results in connection problems during flashing. So first of all one should understand this process is Extremely Risky and should proceed only if its that much necessary.

For this process what you need is a PIT file for Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 and the original STOCK firmware. PIT (Partition Information Table) files provide information about where each partitions are to be flashed, so an improper PIT file will brick your phone permanently.

PIT file for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos is provided in the attachment, and extract the .pit from the rar.

Follow these steps :

1. Run Odin with Administrator Privileges. Hope everyone is familiar with using Odin or See this
    2.Connect your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 inn Download Mode (HOLD Volume Down+Home Button+Power) and see phone gets detected by Odin.
    3. Click on the PIT Button in Odin and select the .pit file you have downloaded.
    4. Click on PDA, and Browse for the original Stock Firmware File of Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082.
    5. Ensure that The Checkboxes Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F. Reset Time are checked.

See This:
    Odin.jpg

6. Now Click Start
    7. Wait for the process to complete, keep the phone untouched until you see PASS.
    8. Switch ON the phone and Play!!

As this process is completely risky, DO THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. DO IT IN YOUR OWN RISK!

Good Luck!!:good::good:
    Press THANKS if I helped!
    Hope you can google n find out the .pit file for your galaxy grand 2. Do not go to download the full firmware.. Just search for the pit for your phone..

I could have provided that for you... But this is a new phone and i just dont have any idea, i mean NO idea about this phone and how the partitions are distributed.

If you cant find the pit file.. And you never tried to flash a custom rom, carry it to service centre.

Beware that you dont use pit file of any other device wid the device you have.

Good luck

Sent From GT-I9082
    This is the pit which was bundled with leaked 4.2.2 update if I ain't wrong ?

No Brother, its from B3 update JB 4.1.2