[GUIDE] Flash Clockworkmod recovery on Galaxy Mini/Pop

Search This thread

Bunnybugs_007

Jul 31, 2010
Dordrecht
www.twitter.com
At first: Download the attachments to this post. warning: If you have Android Froyo, download CWM-Froyo.tar. If you have Gingerbread, download tass-recovery-cwm.tar

For the steps 4-9, there is a screenshot below.

After downloading, you can start using my little guide!

1. Power down your phone.

2. Enter download mode by pressing 'Volume down + Home button + power button. Wait a second. After some time the screen says download.

3. Connect through USB to your PC.

4. Launch ODIN v4.38.

5. Wait for Odin to recognize your phone. (At the left, there will be a yellow box that says COM "?", the number can be different.)

6. Select Tass_v1.0.ops by pressing the 'OPS-button'

7. Make sure 'One package' is marked at the left of the window.

8. Select tass-recovery-cwm.tar with the 'One Package-button' at the bottom of your window.

9. Press start, wait 'till your phone reboots. Now you'll have ClockWorkMod-recovery installed.

screenshotodin.jpg

Attachments

• CWM-Froyo.tar
    7.2 MB · Views: 57,933
  • tass-recovery-cwm.tar
    6.9 MB · Views: 96,781
Last edited:

quendil

Jan 14, 2007
Athens
Does this work for Froyo as well?
If not maybe you should add it to your guide as a warning!

Nevertheless thank you very much for the guide!

Reactions: kagorovinny

walker7373

Jul 27, 2010
Hi have the stock 2.3.5, I flashed clockworkmod and I tried to do a backup of my rom. Clockwork on opening says:
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

and then when I try to do a backup the same errors...
if I select "mounts and storage" I can't manually mount nothing (/system, /cache, /data).
I try to format the 32GB sdcard again and I changed it with another one (2GB). Same results :-(
anyway the problem it isn't the memory card, clockworkmod can see the contents of it. the problem is that can't mount system folders...

Reactions: kagorovinny

yagya

Hi have the stock 2.3.5, I flashed clockworkmod and I tried to do a backup of my rom. Clockwork on opening says:

if I select "mounts and storage" I can't manually mount nothing (/system, /cache, /data).
I try to format the 32GB sdcard again and I changed it with another one (2GB). Same results :-(
anyway the problem it isn't the memory card, clockworkmod can see the contents of it. the problem is that can't mount system folders...

You can't backup stock roms using this CWM recovery since it still doesn't supports backing up of rfs partitions. The developer left it so since we believed those who will be using CWM recovery will probably be using any custom rom which is supported for backup.

:)

rodlee123

Nov 12, 2011
Agree with yagya.... Cwm fully function on ext 2/3/4 file system only. I've tried on stock rom xxkws2, backup sucseed..but failed to restore.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

plesan

Jun 19, 2010
alba iulia
Hi...you can backup stock rom...ho says that you cant ...i backup gingerbread with cwm v5...just trying to help

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA App

Reactions: Nimrodz91

plesan

Jun 19, 2010
alba iulia
And by the way you can restore to...i had 2 backups one with stock and one with cyanogenmod and i restore them when i want

yagya

And by the way you can restore to...i had 2 backups one with stock and one with cyanogenmod and i restore them when i want

Yes, you can backup and restore stock roms with latest CWM recovery v5.0.2.6 however, there comes an issue when you try to restore GB backup over cm7 or other custom rom. So, it seems pretty useless.

Also, CWM recovery doesn't work fully with stock roms. Just yesterday someone complained recovery shows error when flashing gingerbread-2.3.6-root.zip file for rooting GB 2.3.6, later when I suggested him to flash it on stock recovery it worked.

So, it's pretty simple and clear custom recovery is good with custom roms only. :)

mzcl-mn

Dec 11, 2011
CBT
Redmi Note 8
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G
Unable to backup stock rom, seeking help.

Hello all and thanks Bunnybugs_007 for the tutorial.

I managed to install CWM v 4.0.0.5 but still I cannot backup my stock rom.

I can boot into recovery mode from CWM (4.0.0.5) But I can't backup stock rom.

I am getting mounting errors. (The only partition I can mount is the sdcard partition).

I would also like to ask you if I can update CWM through itself during recovery mode. Is this possible, I mean, CWM flashing itself?

Or do I have to use ODIN to update CWM 4.0.0.5 to CWM 5.0.2.6.?

This file is in a zip format but it does not have any img file inside...

I own a froyo but keep getting erros in mounting.

Thanks a lot.

P.s.: I been looking around for the answer but haven't figured it out yet. Although the question about CWM updating itself might by absurd i am forced to ask it. The info that I have gathered until now is confusing. I have also tried to update CWM through ROM MANAGER. but its GUI doesn't even recognize the CWM that is already installed. And RM doesn't recognize the phone model, when I try to get an appropriate version for it. So it's of no surprise that RM can't backup stock rom either...

Vineet3

Oct 31, 2011
Hi Guys!

I flashed Clockworkmod recovery in my Galaxy Mini. I have Rom Manager, but when I try to partition my sd card, it says "You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed before continuing! Install blah blah blah!"

The ClockworkMod is working in recovery mode too, but I don't know what exactly is the problem!

Help Guys! I desperately want to increase my internal memory :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At first: Download the attachments to this post. warning: If you have Android Froyo, download CWM-Froyo.tar. If you have Gingerbread, download tass-recovery-cwm.tar

For the steps 4-9, there is a screenshot below.

After downloading, you can start using my little guide!

1. Power down your phone.

2. Enter download mode by pressing 'Volume down + Home button + power button. Wait a second. After some time the screen says download.

3. Connect through USB to your PC.

4. Launch ODIN v4.38.

5. Wait for Odin to recognize your phone. (At the left, there will be a yellow box that says COM "?", the number can be different.)

6. Select Tass_v1.0.ops by pressing the 'OPS-button'

7. Make sure 'One package' is marked at the left of the window.

8. Select tass-recovery-cwm.tar with the 'One Package-button' at the bottom of your window.

9. Press start, wait 'till your phone reboots. Now you'll have ClockWorkMod-recovery installed.

screenshotodin.jpg

You can't backup stock roms using this CWM recovery since it still doesn't supports backing up of rfs partitions. The developer left it so since we believed those who will be using CWM recovery will probably be using any custom rom which is supported for backup.

:)
    Is cwm 4.0.0.5 right?

Yes, read through this to flash it on our Galaxy Mini/Pop gts5570. http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com/2011/09/installing-clock-work-mod-recovery-in.html

You may also follow the link on my signature for grate Galaxy Mini stuffs and guides or tutorials. :)
    Well, as far as my experience goes, it does.

But, found a version that's specially made for froyo, so I'll add it to the post.
    Please add some screenshot for newbies

Will do...

Tnx for your tip!

EDIT: added a screenshot...