Is This Post Useful ?

• Yes

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ApexPrime

Never mind i just read your message above. I was using 3.42b by alex msk. I think that recovery is not compatible with this rom because it got deleted or something after i installed the rom and whenever i tried to boot into it, the phone would enter fastboot mode.

nabi81

Apr 30, 2011
Coming from crap EEA rom and the 12.0.3 eu rom works fantastic so far. it was worth to wait 7 days to unlock bootloader

i used orange twrp rom this thread. The magisk link in the first post is offline. Got it from Github. Another additional info for the first instruction post: connect per mtp mode in twrp to my pc to copy rom and magisk zip to the internal storage after formatted data steps before.

samwanjeri

May 18, 2014
Guys the new version has bugs so i recommend not updating yet. I cant install magisk on it no matter what i do and apps keep crashing randomly. The device has also become slower.
Too unfortunate I already updated to android 11. Wondering how to downgrade since twrp isn't working. Got deleted after update an attempt to access twrp gets stuck on fastboot

ApexPrime

Guys the alex twrp is not compatible with android 11, therefore use the orangefox recovery or some other up-to-date recovery. I made the mistake of flashing the rom with alex twrp myself and got my twrp deleted. The only way to access twrp then was by typing "fastboot boot twrp.img" in adb so i did that and tried to reinstall the rom but that resulted in a bootloop. Then I used miflashtool to go back to default rom, then unlocked bootloader again(it gets relocked after using miflash) and followed the usual steps to install xiaomi.eu.12.0.3. Then i installed orangefox recovery and then tried to install 12.1.1 again. This time, it installed perfectly without errors of any sort but my apps were still crashing. I did some research in the xiaomi.eu forums and found out that dual apps do not work with android 11 and are causing app crashes, so i had to go to settings, apps, dual apps, settings(top right corner) and clear dual apps data. It requires a restart after that. Click yes and the phone works fine after reboot. I also could not log in to chrome so i fixed that by giving it permission to access all accounts in my device in app settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: afigienas

Anagastes

Jan 28, 2015
Hamburg
Evening,

I started with these instructions and everything worked. Even the first OTA update had worked.

But now with MIIUI 12.1.1 (Android 11) OTA no longer works and when I flash it manually I have a bootloop.

In the meantime, I also had to use the new TWRP version of XIAOMI.EU because of the change from Android 10 to 11.

I can get around this as soon as I flash the old vbmeta.img via fastboot...

However, I am not sure if it is healthy to do it with an old vbmeta.img. How can I solve this differently or do I have to/should I even create a new vbmeta.img?

nabi81

Apr 30, 2011
I flashed Version 12.1.4 and it works really good and fluid so far. I did a clean flash from 12.1.1

nabi81

Apr 30, 2011
After one week usage i have no problem with battery drain, but in my case i haven't problems with battery drain before.

The only bug i noticed is that sometimes old gmail and whatsapp notifications poping up again after hours. I dont use magisk or similar anymore.

eugenwollekneul

Sep 27, 2018
After one week usage i have no problem with battery drain, but in my case i haven't problems with battery drain before.

The only bug i noticed is that sometimes old gmail and whatsapp notifications poping up again after hours. I dont use magisk or similar anymore.

Which version do u have installed? The 12.1.4?
If yes, I am interested if gpay works and the safetynet passes without magisk.

PrinceLys

Jan 15, 2017
Cagayan de Oro
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery Twrp-3.4.2B_toco_by.alex.msk1407.img (you can rename it to twrp.img) -LINK
Hello, can I ask about the code above?
Can this be used to flash a recovery with locked bootloader?

I have been searching everywhere if there's a code that can flash recovery with locked bootloader since "fastboot boot recovery.img" is not working.
I am very sad and desperate because my phone got bootloop with mi logo only after I restarted my phone when the camera is not working. No recovery, only fastboot, stock rom with lock bootloader. I want to know if that code is possible.

I want to retrieve my data back if I'm able to successfully flash TWRP and backup it into my pc before paying for services to make my phone working again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow These methods (100% worked)

1. Boot to fastboot mode (power +vol down)
    2. Extract ADB.rar to Drive C (Put the recovery and vbmeta files in ADB Folder) vbmeta link Below
    3. Connect Phone To PC with USB Cable
    4. from Start run CMD and type cd:\adb (pres enter) And type the following Commands :

fastboot devices
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash recovery Twrp-3.4.2B_toco_by.alex.msk1407.img (you can rename it to twrp.img) -LINK BELOW (Many Thanks To Alex msk)
    fastboot reboot recovery

5. in twrp: wipe-> format data -> Type yes and tap enter (blue key)
    6. Copy xiaomi.eu rom and magisk.zip to phone
    8. in twrp: install rom and magisk.zip
    9. in twrp: Boot to recovery (the phone is restarting to twrp again)
    10. in twrp: reboot system
    12. Enjoy

ADB Link :
    https://mega.nz/file/x8whTZSa#UP7UvnDO7rsuefBWb1meUd4iZZXMJBHIDUa1lMnQXNI

TWRP Link :
    https://mega.nz/file/0lAywALA#hx6U3_xgW3fpndSR0OWsRBxEncQ9CGQb2ezMOAldTRQ

3.4.0-14 TWRP Link:
    https://xdaforums.com/mi-note-10-lite/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-note-t4107209

vbmeta Link:
    https://mega.nz/file/t4QmXACT#hqN6TNDt2mlAPrQUnClGtmaCvWJR3eO3TRAa8I4JhGk

Magisk Link :
    https://mega.nz/file/Y4BEBILD#kre2gRvSJgwJRto1Yg-o7gblTRXAftUGxJSoKNowWkI

xiaomi.eu 12.0.3 Rom Link (Updated):
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...e10LITE_V12.0.3.0.QFNMIXM_v12-10.zip/download
    Finally Managed to do everything- N00B Guide in detail

1) Unlock boot loader - Make/sign in with Mi Account and make sure the 'Find device' option at i.mi.com can actually find your device. From other devices, I have been cautioned to login with phone number for compatibility. Also note that you need data connection, usually doesn't work over WiFi. There is no longer the need to apply for unlock permissions as in past, it's all managed in tool.
    2) Download the latest mi unlock tool- Run with admin rights and login with phone number and password.
    3) Enable developer options and turn on Debugging options, I turned on the one below it too named 'USB Debugging(Security settings)' . Turn on 'OEM unlocking' option and check unlock status which will ask you to associate the Xioami account. Use a USB2 port if possible. It will check a few things and turn to Fastboot mode- Make sure you don't end up at 'FastbootD', it has same logo except with D in end. I got into this mode by default when using adb command reboot to fastboot, so beware. If you are in this mode, the miunlock tool will fail at 50% with verify error.
    4) Usually the tool would say to try again in few hours/days. Mine was 7 days. You need to use the phone during this time and also ensure mi-account sync is turned on. I learned it wouldn't count the days other wise.
    5) After the specified days the unlock should be straightforward.
    6) Follow instructions in first post. Some experiences of mine to add. If adb shows '--disable-verity' unknown command, it means the adb version is old and need newer version. I got it from XDA Link: https://www.xda-developers.com/what-is-adb/
    7) After TWRP is installed and data is cleared, MTP option disappeared for me. I had to sideload the ROM. For this copy the rom to same folder as ADB, then go to TWRP, advanced, turn on sideload. Use the command
    Code:
    adb sideload <filename.Zip>
    . This command will also install the ROM and whole process took about 5 minutes.
    8) I rebooted to system as one of the user mentioned had issues wheninstalling magisk at same time.
    9) Setup MIUI and re-enable developer options, USB debugging and 3-way reboot menu. Reboot to recovery and enter TWRP.
    10) MTP option will be available, meaning it will come in 'My Computer' as Mi 10 Lite folder, copy magisk.zip, then install from TWRP. Wipe Dalvik & Cache. Reboot.
    11) Setup, all good to go.

Thanks to all involved. For anyone curious the ROM in first page has Ultra battery saver mode in battery settings.

Having some difficulties with process.

I found that the mi unlock tool didn't work and failed at 50% saying unable to verify. After much searching I realised that using the command

made the phone go into 'fastbootd mode' and not fastboot. I managed to get into fastboot and the tool said have to wait a week to unlock. After 7 days though there was an error when checking unlock status in 'Developer options', but the unlocking worked. I also managed to install TWRP attached in first post.

When I tried to format Data in the next step, I got a

None of the sideload commands worked to copy over the ROM. Not having an SD slot is quite painful. However the phone booted into the original ROM(wasn't removed, isn't it supposed to be?) and I had to re-setup the phone. This makes me think the data wasn't formatted? Anyone else had difficulties sideloading ROM or is there an alternative to flash it? I tried increasing ADB memory size, 64 bit version, multiple versions etc with no joy.
    thanks and good to see, that the mi note 10 lite has it own section now. hope there will come a lot of custom things.
    Super weird... it didnt work for me... flashing was successful

but it keeps rebooting to fastboot mode.

While doing format data, i did receive an error message "unable to find /metadata" is that normal?

EDIT: So what happen is, I did all over again with slightly different steps

1) i reflashed official firmware to revive my phone
    2) Once I'm able to boot on official ROM, I flash TWRP
    3) Format Data + restart TWRP
    4) Copied ROM and flash Xiaomi EU rom
    5) Restart to system immediately after flashing ROM. Managed to boot Xiaomi EU rom.
    6) Reboot to recovery and flash magisk
    7) Restart to system, set up, and done.
    Guys the alex twrp is not compatible with android 11, therefore use the orangefox recovery or some other up-to-date recovery. I made the mistake of flashing the rom with alex twrp myself and got my twrp deleted. The only way to access twrp then was by typing "fastboot boot twrp.img" in adb so i did that and tried to reinstall the rom but that resulted in a bootloop. Then I used miflashtool to go back to default rom, then unlocked bootloader again(it gets relocked after using miflash) and followed the usual steps to install xiaomi.eu.12.0.3. Then i installed orangefox recovery and then tried to install 12.1.1 again. This time, it installed perfectly without errors of any sort but my apps were still crashing. I did some research in the xiaomi.eu forums and found out that dual apps do not work with android 11 and are causing app crashes, so i had to go to settings, apps, dual apps, settings(top right corner) and clear dual apps data. It requires a restart after that. Click yes and the phone works fine after reboot. I also could not log in to chrome so i fixed that by giving it permission to access all accounts in my device in app settings.