Search This thread

HawkeyeWPR

Aug 11, 2011
cuneo

Firefox OS
Alcatel One Touch Fire
alcatel-one-touch-fire-1.jpg

How to Flash Succesfully Any verion of Firefox OS

1. Get the Build(user.img,boot.img,system.img,data.img)
  2. Plug-in your Alcatel Fire(Hamachi)
  3. Make sure you have the "Remote Debugging" enabled(Settings > Device information > More information > Developer > Remote Debugging)
  4. Look inside the .zip/tar.gz you had downloaded,there some "flash" files.If:
    • You are on windows:double click on "flash.bat"
    • You are on linux,open the terminal in the folder you had unzipped the build,and type"./flash"
  5. Done ;)

If you have a consumer phone, not a dev edition, you will not get root access on adb.

So you have to do this in a Linux machine(or with Cygwin):

• shutdown phone
  • power on pressing "volume-"
  • it will get 'stuck' into the "alcatel" logo. don't worry it probably worked, this is the screen for fastboot mode as well.
  • plug in your computer and check `fastboot devices`. if any error here, go read one of the thousands guides for fastboot and android usb drivers
  • get any boot image from that page. ideally one from the same country as it may matter....
  • flash the boot image on your phone with. test first with `fastboot boot boot.img`. if it works, redo the above steps and make it permanent `fastboot flash boot boot.img`. You need any boot image that has default.prop setting the user for adb as 0 instead of the default 1.

If you want the ClockworkMod recovery i can update this post to explain how to flash it ;).

If you will have any problem ,I'll help you and I will update this thread with your problem with the fix ;)

Some infos
When you turn On your Alcatel OTF,you have 4sec to hold "volume-" button just after powering it up. It will stop at initial Alcatel’s logo.If you are ona Linux computer you can confirm that it is connected by typing "fastboot devices"-
Th Codenme of this phone is:Hamachi.

Credits
Me and the owner of the Firefox Os Builds for Hamachi

Last edited:

subnet_zero

Dec 7, 2010
Frankfurt
Thanks HawkeyeWPR. This and your site was very helpful for me and my Fire. Keep going!
Your provided version 1.4 is very nice and fast and I could choose beetween two recoverys (CWM or TWRP). Thats awesome. :D

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California

1. Plug-in your Alcatel Fire(Hamachi)
  2. Make sure you have the "Remote Debugging" enabled(Settings > Device information > More information > Developer > Remote Debugging)
  3. Look inside the .zip/tar.gz you had downloaded,there some "flash" files.If:

• If you have a consumer phone, not a dev edition, you will not get root access on adb.

So you have to:
      • shutdown phone
      • power on pressing volume down
      • it will get 'stuck' into the "alcatel" logo. don't worry it probably worked, this is the screen for fastboot mode as well.
      • plug in your computer and check `fastboot devices`. if any error here, go read one of the thousands guides for fastboot and android usb drivers
      • get any boot image from that page. ideally one from the same country as it may matter....
      • flash the boot image on your phone with. test first with `fastboot boot boot.img`. if it works, redo the above steps and make it permanent `fastboot flash boot boot.img`. You need any boot image that has default.prop setting the user for adb as 0 instead of the default 1.

Reactions: HawkeyeWPR

HawkeyeWPR

Aug 11, 2011
cuneo
If you have a consumer phone, not a dev edition, you will not get root access on adb.

So you have to:

• shutdown phone
The same process i've done,cause the boot.img file contains the kernel with access to grant "root" access,now I'll add this step to my guide ,Thanks :)

Facyber

Mar 31, 2011
Is there any chance to do video for this, since most blogs are on Spanish and i believe most of us have no expirience in this? :S

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California
Is there any chance to do video for this, since most blogs are on Spanish and i believe most of us have no expirience in this? :S

just follow the points. and when it mentions "look for a guid on something" it is because there are already a ton of video-or-not guides on that stuff :)

any point in particular you are having trouble?

But a warning, it is unstable. the shipped image has pretty much everything you need anyway (a stable browser)

upgrading to 1.4 will give you almost nothing else new. The browser still has no extra options. no add-ons. nothing. just tabs, back foward, clear history. that is all. most of the changes from 1.1 to 1.4 were in the gaia (ffos launcher) and even that, weren't too interesting ones to being with.

my advice is to stick with the shipped image if you are not going to code for ffos. Or at least help submiting bug reports.

Facyber

Mar 31, 2011
just follow the points. and when it mentions "look for a guid on something" it is because there are already a ton of video-or-not guides on that stuff :)

any point in particular you are having trouble?

But a warning, it is unstable. the shipped image has pretty much everything you need anyway (a stable browser)

upgrading to 1.4 will give you almost nothing else new. The browser still has no extra options. no add-ons. nothing. just tabs, back foward, clear history. that is all. most of the changes from 1.1 to 1.4 were in the gaia (ffos launcher) and even that, weren't too interesting ones to being with.

my advice is to stick with the shipped image if you are not going to code for ffos. Or at least help submiting bug reports.

Root part. Don't have clue how, but I found friend coder who knows this stuff so hes gonna try first. :)

I have intention on building apps for Firefox OS only, so I would like to see new versions, since Telenor in my country is retarded, they ain't relased 1.3 yet, even its been almost a month since relase. -.-

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California
Root part. Don't have clue how, but I found friend coder who knows this stuff so hes gonna try first. :)

I have intention on building apps for Firefox OS only, so I would like to see new versions, since Telenor in my country is retarded, they ain't relased 1.3 yet, even its been almost a month since relase. -.-

Having a device in the older version is good for that... just so you have an idea, i got my phone in a mexican store. it came with 1.1 and no sign of update ...ever. so your users will NOT be on the latest version anyway.

i suggest you simply use the emulator. develop. and ocasionaly test your app on your 1.3 device for performance and multitouch tests

if you really want to flash just to test apps, not to use your phone daily, you don't even need root just to update the image. unless you want a backup...

just use fastboot to overwrite the system partition (the user interface and gecko code). No root needed. just 3 steps:
1. boot with volume down.
2. plug USB in computer when it gets stuck on the white alcatel screen.
3. `fastboot flash system <name_of_the_file_with_system.img>`

that is all you need.

you will still be able to re-do that any time, so, go crazy. there is no way to brick the phone with that. (your system may be unusable if you use a bad image, but you can always flash a good one later on)

Reactions: Facyber

Facyber

Mar 31, 2011
Well I want to use it daily, using apps and stuff like that, but also want to develop. :) I thought to try for this low device until some better phone came, or even tablet, much faster and stronger, than that will be other story. :)

HawkeyeWPR

Aug 11, 2011
cuneo
Actually,will ship:

The ZTE Open C has a 4-inch, 800x480 display, a dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, 3G networking; 1,400mAh battery, 512MB RAM, 2GB flash storage, and 3-megapixel camera. The Spanish carrier Telefonica will sell it in Venezuela and Uruguay in the second quarter of 2014, ZTE said.

The ZTE Open II has a 3.5-inch 480x320 display, dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 3G networking; 1,150mAh battery, 256MB RAM, 2GB flash storage, and 2-megapixel camera. Telefonica will sell this model in six countries

The Alcatel One Touch Fire S, the company's highest-end model, has 4G LTE networking, a 4.5-inch 960x540 IPS screen, a quad-core 1.2GHz processor, an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2-megapixel front-facing camera, and support for near-field communications (NFC).

The Alcatel One Touch Fire E is a step down. It's also got a4.5-inch 960x540 screen, but not with in-plane switching, and its 1.2GHz processor is only a dual-core model. Its rear-facing camera has a 5MP resolution but its front-facing camera is only 0.3MP.

The Alcatel One Touch Fire C is the clear successor to 2013's model. Its 3.5-inch 480x320 screen is the same size, but it now is accompanied by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor. Its camera is pretty low-end, just a 0.3-megapixel model.

and DO NOT FORGET the 25$ model:

Allwinner A31 (1.2GHz); Cortex-A7 Quad-core, PowerVR 544MP2
4.5-inch screen (FWVGA 854×480 pixels)
Cameras: Rear: 5MP / Front: 2MP
3G UMTS quad-band (850/900/1900/2100)
8GB memory
256MB -1GB RAM (adjustable by developer)
A-GPS, NFC
Battery capacity: 1,800 mAh
Wi-fi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, Micro USB

At the moment,iìm using my Alcatel OTF as main-daily-use phone,for twitter,mails,pictures,web-browsing,call&texting(+ Whatsapp),and i admit ,sometime he get me angry,but at least ,it's good,for a simple and daily use,but i recommend the 1.3 vers,1.4 it's buggy.

Facyber

Mar 31, 2011
I know all about those new phones, It's kinda my job to know that. :D

Main reason why I'm not using as daily phone casue my main number is not in Telenor network (Thank God to that, they are most expensive here and yet give less free sms and minutes then other two) and in one shop they couldn't unlock it, whatever code they get it won't work, so I will wait little more and find new shop. :)

We already given up from Telenor relasing new version, believe me, they gonna relase 1.3 when 2.5 comes out. Mark my words.

Facyber

Mar 31, 2011
I have a question about back up. Do I have to back up? Or can I simply root and then instal? I have no Idea hwo to back up image on Windows.

Rustydagger

May 3, 2014
Firefox os

This is the first Time i've discovered this. When Will this be readily available in the U.S.? I can find the devices on amazon, but will they work with our carriers?

linr76

Feb 28, 2014
Zürich
This is the first Time i've discovered this. When Will this be readily available in the U.S.? I can find the devices on amazon, but will they work with our carriers?

If you want a device that works in US you can always buy one of the ZTE Open or Open C from the ZTE_US ebay store.
The Open is pretty much the same as the Alcatel Touch Fire

Sent from my V3 using Tapatalk

eidoskope

May 27, 2014
Thank you for your guide-resume :)
I was trying to build the latest Firefox OS master branch, but unfortunately, due to some issues, I can't do it for now.

Unfortunately, the builds which the blog Simpliculitico gives are modified ones;
I'd like a clean pure one;
can someone send/upload an allready built and unmodified master image for One Touch Fire? I have no friends who can send me one :)

Thank you so much *

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California
I tried to follow the instructions and got help on irc to create the custom kennel for that dammed phone.

Two weekends later and i failed every single time.

Never got even a half working one.

Also the one from the blog is far from perfect...

I wouldn't keep my hopes up. :(

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Firefox OS
    Alcatel One Touch Fire
    alcatel-one-touch-fire-1.jpg

How to Flash Succesfully Any verion of Firefox OS

1. Get the Build(user.img,boot.img,system.img,data.img)
    2. Plug-in your Alcatel Fire(Hamachi)
    3. Make sure you have the "Remote Debugging" enabled(Settings > Device information > More information > Developer > Remote Debugging)
    4. Look inside the .zip/tar.gz you had downloaded,there some "flash" files.If:
      • You are on windows:double click on "flash.bat"
      • You are on linux,open the terminal in the folder you had unzipped the build,and type"./flash"
    5. Done ;)

So you have to do this in a Linux machine(or with Cygwin):

• shutdown phone
    • power on pressing "volume-"

If you want the ClockworkMod recovery i can update this post to explain how to flash it ;).

If you will have any problem ,I'll help you and I will update this thread with your problem with the fix ;)

Some infos
    When you turn On your Alcatel OTF,you have 4sec to hold "volume-" button just after powering it up. It will stop at initial Alcatel’s logo.If you are ona Linux computer you can confirm that it is connected by typing "fastboot devices"-
    Th Codenme of this phone is:Hamachi.

Credits
    Me and the owner of the Firefox Os Builds for Hamachi

1. Plug-in your Alcatel Fire(Hamachi)
    2. Make sure you have the "Remote Debugging" enabled(Settings > Device information > More information > Developer > Remote Debugging)
    3. Look inside the .zip/tar.gz you had downloaded,there some "flash" files.If:

• If you have a consumer phone, not a dev edition, you will not get root access on adb.

So you have to:
        • shutdown phone

Having a device in the older version is good for that... just so you have an idea, i got my phone in a mexican store. it came with 1.1 and no sign of update ...ever. so your users will NOT be on the latest version anyway.

i suggest you simply use the emulator. develop. and ocasionaly test your app on your 1.3 device for performance and multitouch tests

if you really want to flash just to test apps, not to use your phone daily, you don't even need root just to update the image. unless you want a backup...

just use fastboot to overwrite the system partition (the user interface and gecko code). No root needed. just 3 steps:
    1. boot with volume down.
    2. plug USB in computer when it gets stuck on the white alcatel screen.
    3. `fastboot flash system <name_of_the_file_with_system.img>`

that is all you need.

you will still be able to re-do that any time, so, go crazy. there is no way to brick the phone with that. (your system may be unusable if you use a bad image, but you can always flash a good one later on)