How To Guide [GUIDE] [FLASH] [GSI] Caprip [A11]

Search This thread

KAN7A

Nov 16, 2020
Moto G30
I don't know... There are people who say that it works on both versions of Android, but others say the opposite, you should try.
I dont actually thinks its a problem with the android version as much as with the GSI. This has worked for me on both versions but its hard to find a working image.

Plus i found some images dont boot at first and i have to do a factory reset from recovery mode.

Sammm77

Nov 14, 2021
Moto G30
I dont actually thinks its a problem with the android version as much as with the GSI. This has worked for me on both versions but its hard to find a working image.

Plus i found some images dont boot at first and i have to do a factory reset from recovery mode.
Don't worry, some people complained that the guide was not working on Android 12.

• Wow
Reactions: KAN7A

Gasder123

Jul 25, 2022
Koledzy mam problrm po sflashowaniu g30 romu przy próbie wlaczenia wyskakuje mi logo motoroli i tak w kołko

z3u

Feb 5, 2023
Hey @Sammm77 ! First congrats on all the work you do for and attention you brought on the Moto G30!

Second, is this guide still up to date ( aka the current/best way ) to install a GSI?

I dont fully understands how this works or even if the images you provide can get out of date, but better be safe than sorry.

Thanks!

Sammm77

Nov 14, 2021
Moto G30
Hey @Sammm77 ! First congrats on all the work you do for and attention you brought on the Moto G30!

Second, is this guide still up to date ( aka the current/best way ) to install a GSI?

I dont fully understands how this works or even if the images you provide can get out of date, but better be safe than sorry.

Thanks!
you're welcome, I love to help ;)
I would tell you that Pixel Experience is a good gsi, if you want to know how to install it write to my Telegram
@Samw662
everywhere
thanks.

z3u

Feb 5, 2023
you're welcome, I love to help ;)
I would tell you that Pixel Experience is a good gsi, if you want to know how to install it write to my Telegram
@Samw662
everywhere
thanks.
I know what GSI to install but is this guide still good or is there a new method?

Thanks again!

Leogami9009

Jun 21, 2022
Moto G30
hello, i was trying to install a gsi, but in Fastbootd it is saying "(bootloader) Operation not permitted", and in fastboot it says "(bootloader) Preflash validation failed FAILED (remote failure)". Before i was able to flash gsis, but now i can't even use delete-logical-partition command, idk why. I still tried with stock windows 10, but not only that it doesn't work, but before i was able to flash gsi with a custom windows like revi os. Before i was able to flash gsi by doing:
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system_a
fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a
fastboot flash system_a "path/to/gsi"
i even tried to dowgrade back to android 11, but still no luck.

KAN7A

Nov 16, 2020
Moto G30
hello, i was trying to install a gsi, but in Fastbootd it is saying "(bootloader) Operation not permitted", and in fastboot it says "(bootloader) Preflash validation failed FAILED (remote failure)". Before i was able to flash gsis, but now i can't even use delete-logical-partition command, idk why. I still tried with stock windows 10, but not only that it doesn't work, but before i was able to flash gsi with a custom windows like revi os. Before i was able to flash gsi by doing:
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase system_a
fastboot flash system_a "path/to/gsi"
i even tried to dowgrade back to android 11, but still no luck.
This has nothing to do with your windows, use any windows you want.

From what i can tell is you dont follow the guide provided so bootloader still has verification enabled.

First flash the last version of the stock ROM you had working (cant downgrade from what i know).

Then pick a GSI with an equal or higher Android version compared to your stock one.

And when flashing it i suggest you follow the guide above that Sammm77 provided or at least make sure to

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

You get vbmeta.img from your Stock ROM.

This disables bootloader verification and should let you flash and boot anything and basically fix your issue i think.

Last edited:

Leogami9009

Jun 21, 2022
Moto G30
This has nothing to do with your windows, use any windows you want.

From what i can tell is you dont follow the guide provided so bootloader still has verification enabled.

First flash the last version of the stock ROM you had working (cant downgrade from what i know).

Then pick a GSI with an equal or higher Android version compared to your stock one.

And when flashing it i suggest you follow the guide above that Sammm77 provided or at least make sure to

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

You get vbmeta.img from your Stock ROM.

This disables bootloader verifivation and should let you flash and boot anything and basically fix your issue i think.
Thanks for the info, i will try it

Leogami9009

Jun 21, 2022
Moto G30
Let me know how it goes, i wager either that or your bootloader got locked somehow but i doubt that 🤷‍♂️

Also if you follow Sammm77's guide and flash product_gsi.img you dont need to do
Code:
It worked!!! Seems that i wasn't able to use some commands because i forgot to add .\ before the commands. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: KAN7A

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me know how it goes, i wager either that or your bootloader got locked somehow but i doubt that 🤷‍♂️

Also if you follow Sammm77's guide and flash product_gsi.img you dont need to do
    Code:
    It worked!!! Seems that i wasn't able to use some commands because i forgot to add .\ before the commands. Thanks!
    Let's start.
    One caveat which I am going to mention before I start all this is:

JavaScript:
    I am not responsible for your data or any damage caused by the flash.
    I simply help with this contribution.

You will need a couple of files;
    ADB & Fastboot and then Platform Tools.
    These files are attached to this forum. The mentioned is for the computer, for the cell phone we are going to need;
    vbmeta.img, product_gsi.img and the GSI.

vbmeta is extracted from stock ROM, Product will leave it attached and the GSI is your choice.

You have to install adb and fastboot in the root of the system, the steps are in the same file.
    By that you have to unzip Platform Tools.
    Open a terminal at the folder path.

To flash the gsi execute the following commands >>>

JavaScript:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash product product_gsi.img
    fastboot flash system (The GSI).img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot reboot

If the GSI doesn't boot just flash stock ROM and try another one.
    Done! Those are the steps to flash GSI in caprip.

All this was tested on Stock ROM Android 11.
    I don't know if it works on A12.
    Any questions I'm on Telegram as "Samw622"

Thanks!
    Hey!!
    Verified Noob Here XD
    Have you tried any ROMs yet? And what 's the compatability with them if u tried?
    eh what? I already tried the two GSIs and both started, what's wrong?
    Hey!!
    Verified Noob Here XD
    Have you tried any ROMs yet? And what 's the compatability with them if u tried?
    First of all thank you so much.
    Did you try other rom instead of Pixel Experience?
    It is not a rom, it is a GSI, (Generic system image), it works on several devices with similar architectures and slots.

And yes... I already tried FluidOS, OctaviOS, ArrowOS and LineageOS. Right now I'm on ArrowOS, I notice it more fluid than Pixel Exp OS. It overheats less when playing a video game.

The same files are always used, the only thing that changes is the GSI.
    Thank you very much for your comment.
    hello good, could you help me to test the ArrowOS also to me on my moto g30
    Of course, my friend! I'm going to pass you my Discord user to help you.
    Username: Sam! #9276
    Send me a friend request. Thanks