[Guide][Flash] How to play flash video on Android 4.4 Kitkat

Search This thread

chemeng

Apr 14, 2010
Manchester
android-x86 + KitKat 4.4 + flash = no go???

Am I correct in saying that KitKat 4.4 + Android-x86 is a no go as far as Flash is concerned??? (apart from cloud based work-arounds like Puffin browser)
How well does the Puffin browser cloud flash work?

Apr 19, 2014
low.li
Flash is not being developed for Android, so any version you might try will be outdated and could become a seriously easy gateway for someone to hack your device. Why make your device easy for hackers to get in? You really don't want to do this.

purple lady

Mar 12, 2011
Flash is not being developed for Android, so any version you might try will be outdated and could become a seriously easy gateway for someone to hack your device. Why make your device easy for hackers to get in? You really don't want to do this.

A lot of websites use flash and I have all my browsers with a desktop UA. Without flash there could be a lot of sites that don't work. I consider most mobile sites to be sites that don't work as well.

Apr 19, 2014
low.li
A lot of websites use flash and I have all my browsers with a desktop UA. Without flash there could be a lot of sites that don't work. I consider most mobile sites to be sites that don't work as well.
You're absolutely right. There are a lot of websites that use flash that don't work on Android. You'll probably find that most sites that still use flash have not been redeveloped in a long time, either because they don't have the funding or they don't realize how large the mobile sector has become. There are a lot of good reasons for phasing out Flash. It's proprietary. It often drains battery life. It's cumbersome to write. Flash is being phased out almost all over the web. HTML5/CSS3/Javascript has begun to replace that proprietary interface very well.

If at all possible, try to find an app that suits your needs instead. For instance, NOAA has a great flash radar map on their website that doesn't work on Android, but they have a weather app that has the same radar map plus all the other information you could want about weather forecasts.

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
update, it works flawlessly on 4.4.3 !

I'm attaching the file for other users.

update 2
works on 4.4.4

go to this website using dolphin to see if your flash is working flawlessly

http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php

Update 3 :

Flash on Lollipop.
Even works flawlessly with 5.1 dolphin

www.phonearena.com/news/Here-is-how-to-enable-Adobe-Flash-support-in-Android-5.0-Lollipop_id63066

Hi there!
I just came here from another thread linking to this.

Which are the differences from these two versions?

Which procedure should I follow for Lollipop usage?

Tnx.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906K using TapaTalk

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Hi there!
I just came here from another thread linking to this.

Which are the differences from these two versions?

Which procedure should I follow for Lollipop usage?

Tnx.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906K using TapaTalk

I have reports that unmodded flash player works on lollipop.
e one I provided is modified for 4.4.4 when it stopped working for kitkat. It works flawlessly on lollipop as well.

Just install flash player and use a flash enabled browser. I prefer dolphin browser which works flawlessly for me

Lord Childe

Dec 11, 2013
London
www.naturalblood.co
On KK it worked too by the way :)

I think, not 100% sure though, Google is removing the links to the hacked flash player... .
m.

Obviously, the official Flash player (downloaded by Dolphin) wasn't working - that's why it crashed.

There are so many websites that still use Flash - especially sports streams, even a basic file-sharing site like file-dropper requires Flash simply to upload files. Not supporting Flash and word-wrap - the Google bubble. Gotta laugh. :eek:

meduza

May 27, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Samsung Galaxy S6
Obviously, the official Flash player (downloaded by Dolphin) wasn't working - that's why it crashed.

There are so many websites that still use Flash - especially sports streams, even a basic file-sharing site like file-dropper requires Flash simply to upload files. Not supporting Flash and word-wrap - the Google bubble. Gotta laugh. :eek:

I agree!! Never understood or accepted google stopping flash support :(
Same bad idea like not supporting ext SD on KitKat, unbelievable! Or ugly material design on stock ROMs :(
m.

bnc2673

Aug 21, 2015
When I go to play amazon instant video, it comes up with a blank screen. What am I doing wrong?

mefromhere

Aug 27, 2015
I had used this forum to enable flash on my HTC one, so when I upgraded to the M8 I came back to here and followed all the same steps but for some reason it hasn't worked this time. Just get the same No playable sources found on all flash streams.

Is there anything different I need to do this time?

Robotu

Apr 24, 2010
Bucharest
I don't give a damn about L. I'd rather set my hair alight than update to L

But I've downloaded the mediafire link... Flash working fine. Just wish posters everywhere would remove dud links.

:) :)))))))))))))
They don't understand you man :)
It is one think to flash and mod kernels and ROMs with a practical purpose in mind, having a goal to... OS reliability for example, and is totally another thing to play around... just to play around, a game with no end... :))))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the new Nexus 5 and found that flash video playing is totally incompatible with the Android 4.4 Kitkat, no t in Dolphin, not in Firefox and other browsers. This is too bad and I can't imagine it just happened.:mad::mad::mad:

I digged into the code since then and found that some critical APIs have been removed from Android 4.4 that flash uses. DAMN IT!

open failed: cannot locate symbol"_ZN7android10Vectorlmpl19reservedVectorlmpl6Ev" referenced by "libflashplayer.so:..

After several days of coding, I finally found a way out with a hacked flash player. Being so excited and i can't wait wo share it. Here is the guide about how to install the hacked one and how to play flash content in the sites in Dolphin Browser.

1) Download Dolphin Browser

Surprised, Dolphin just push a 10.2.0 update version to me and I found Dolphin Jetpack was built-in. This means you don't have to install 2 separate APK now. Cheers!!

Here is the Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Warning: [/B]You must have Dolphin Jetpack on in the settings to enjoy it. As far as I have noticed, Dolphin Jetpack better solves the compatibility with flash player, such as crash issue & freeze issue in full screen.

2) Download the hacked flash player HERE

Warning: Make sure that you have uninstall the flash player installed in your device and then install the hacked one for compatibility reason.

If your devices refused to install apk outside Google Play, you may set in your device (Settings> Securities> Unknown resources) to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

3) Make sure that the flash setting in Dolphin Browser (Click Menu>Settings>Web Content>Flash Player) is on.

Flash Player is not officially supported and therefore the speed of loading of flash video may be slow. However, I have tried many sites such as YouTube and Hulu. They all work properly with satisfactory results.:cool:

Great thanks to @techfanatic9 for recording the video about How to Install Flash Player on Any Android KitKat Phone!

Here is the Video.
    Adobe Hacked for KitKat & Lollipop

update, it works flawlessly on 4.4.3 !

I'm attaching the file for other users.

update 2
    works on 4.4.4

go to this website using dolphin to see if your flash is working flawlessly

http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php

Update 3 :

Flash on Lollipop.
    Even works flawlessly with 5.1 dolphin

www.phonearena.com/news/Here-is-how-to-enable-Adobe-Flash-support-in-Android-5.0-Lollipop_id63066
    FYI, the download link for the hacked flash player is broken, and I can't find another link to go with right now. Please put it sun some where Google can't take it down.

Can someone PM me the flash apk?

Looks like Google have removed the file

Thanks

Here ;)
    By the way, downloading the hacked version of the hacked flash player from the site above is blocked by Google. Here it is.
    Adobe hacked Flash player new and correct link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkp1cmzamkk8nem/0B1qjrD8ZER9ITmlVNW1EVWM5YlE.apk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app