• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide][Flash] How to play flash video on Android 4.4 Kitkat

Search This thread
Hi, playing the video on the first page works fine, but on youtube is not playing - tried a whole bunch.

Dolphin 11.5.0 with jetpack enabled and flash player set to always on. Its only getting to youtube if Dolphin is set to desktop as user agent. Hacked flash player installed.

Can you help?

Lenovo A916 Kitkat 4.4.2, octacore, 1GB ram, 8GB rom

JBJ

k4xda

Dec 26, 2015
I admit I haven't read all 93 pages so I apologize if this is a duplicate (I anticipate long threads like this will include significant updates up top). The top post leads to this message from Google:

Google Drive Error
We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service.
Find out more about this topic at the Google Drive Help Center.

sRDennyCrane

I admit I haven't read all 93 pages so I apologize if this is a duplicate (I anticipate long threads like this will include significant updates up top). The top post leads to this message from Google:

Google Drive Error
We're sorry. You can't access this item because it is in violation of our Terms of Service.
Find out more about this topic at the Google Drive Help Center.

I would imagine Adobe got wind of that hacked version of their Flash file and requested a take down of the file/account. But, the Puffin browser is a GREAT solution for Flash. I think the Pro version costs a couple bucks, but it's well worth it.

StarCheung

Mar 21, 2016
You can try Falcon SWF Player

Falcon SWF Player can play flash content on your android device. NO need to install adobe flash player plugin, since it have already built-in a flash playing engine. You can download from google play and run flash content i.e. swf file instantly. It is specially design for play flash game, so the response if very fast. All the content is render locally, there is no delay in playing game.
You can download it at google play

sewer56lol

Falcon SWF Player can play flash content on your android device. NO need to install adobe flash player plugin, since it have already built-in a flash playing engine. You can download from google play and run flash content i.e. swf file instantly. It is specially design for play flash game, so the response if very fast. All the content is render locally, there is no delay in playing game.
You can download it at google play

Talks about a SWF browser with 1 reported download on Google Play in all posts.
Great try developer! Clearly NOT shady or shameless self advertising at all.

Reactions: 9h0s7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the new Nexus 5 and found that flash video playing is totally incompatible with the Android 4.4 Kitkat, no t in Dolphin, not in Firefox and other browsers. This is too bad and I can't imagine it just happened.:mad::mad::mad:

I digged into the code since then and found that some critical APIs have been removed from Android 4.4 that flash uses. DAMN IT!

open failed: cannot locate symbol"_ZN7android10Vectorlmpl19reservedVectorlmpl6Ev" referenced by "libflashplayer.so:..

After several days of coding, I finally found a way out with a hacked flash player. Being so excited and i can't wait wo share it. Here is the guide about how to install the hacked one and how to play flash content in the sites in Dolphin Browser.

1) Download Dolphin Browser

Surprised, Dolphin just push a 10.2.0 update version to me and I found Dolphin Jetpack was built-in. This means you don't have to install 2 separate APK now. Cheers!!

Here is the Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Warning: [/B]You must have Dolphin Jetpack on in the settings to enjoy it. As far as I have noticed, Dolphin Jetpack better solves the compatibility with flash player, such as crash issue & freeze issue in full screen.

2) Download the hacked flash player HERE

Warning: Make sure that you have uninstall the flash player installed in your device and then install the hacked one for compatibility reason.

If your devices refused to install apk outside Google Play, you may set in your device (Settings> Securities> Unknown resources) to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

3) Make sure that the flash setting in Dolphin Browser (Click Menu>Settings>Web Content>Flash Player) is on.

Flash Player is not officially supported and therefore the speed of loading of flash video may be slow. However, I have tried many sites such as YouTube and Hulu. They all work properly with satisfactory results.:cool:

Great thanks to @techfanatic9 for recording the video about How to Install Flash Player on Any Android KitKat Phone!

Here is the Video.
    Adobe Hacked for KitKat & Lollipop

update, it works flawlessly on 4.4.3 !

I'm attaching the file for other users.

update 2
    works on 4.4.4

go to this website using dolphin to see if your flash is working flawlessly

http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php

Update 3 :

Flash on Lollipop.
    Even works flawlessly with 5.1 dolphin

www.phonearena.com/news/Here-is-how-to-enable-Adobe-Flash-support-in-Android-5.0-Lollipop_id63066
    FYI, the download link for the hacked flash player is broken, and I can't find another link to go with right now. Please put it sun some where Google can't take it down.

Can someone PM me the flash apk?

Looks like Google have removed the file

Thanks

Here ;)
    By the way, downloading the hacked version of the hacked flash player from the site above is blocked by Google. Here it is.
    Adobe hacked Flash player new and correct link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkp1cmzamkk8nem/0B1qjrD8ZER9ITmlVNW1EVWM5YlE.apk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app