[Guide][Flash] How to play flash video on Android 4.4 Kitkat

Search This thread

surviveland

May 10, 2011
New York
twitter.com
Got the new Nexus 5 and found that flash video playing is totally incompatible with the Android 4.4 Kitkat, no t in Dolphin, not in Firefox and other browsers. This is too bad and I can't imagine it just happened.:mad::mad::mad:

I digged into the code since then and found that some critical APIs have been removed from Android 4.4 that flash uses. DAMN IT!

open failed: cannot locate symbol"_ZN7android10Vectorlmpl19reservedVectorlmpl6Ev" referenced by "libflashplayer.so:..

After several days of coding, I finally found a way out with a hacked flash player. Being so excited and i can't wait wo share it. Here is the guide about how to install the hacked one and how to play flash content in the sites in Dolphin Browser.

1) Download Dolphin Browser

Surprised, Dolphin just push a 10.2.0 update version to me and I found Dolphin Jetpack was built-in. This means you don't have to install 2 separate APK now. Cheers!!

Here is the Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Warning: [/B]You must have Dolphin Jetpack on in the settings to enjoy it. As far as I have noticed, Dolphin Jetpack better solves the compatibility with flash player, such as crash issue & freeze issue in full screen.

2) Download the hacked flash player HERE

Warning: Make sure that you have uninstall the flash player installed in your device and then install the hacked one for compatibility reason.

If your devices refused to install apk outside Google Play, you may set in your device (Settings> Securities> Unknown resources) to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

3) Make sure that the flash setting in Dolphin Browser (Click Menu>Settings>Web Content>Flash Player) is on.

Flash Player is not officially supported and therefore the speed of loading of flash video may be slow. However, I have tried many sites such as YouTube and Hulu. They all work properly with satisfactory results.:cool:

Great thanks to @techfanatic9 for recording the video about How to Install Flash Player on Any Android KitKat Phone!

Here is the Video.

Attachments

• flashon.PNG
    flashon.PNG
    30.7 KB · Views: 62,939
Last edited:

bobharding

Oct 6, 2012
Works great with dolphin. I love my nexus 5 and flash. Dolphin with jetpack is extra good too. I found I had to put the setting to "always on" to get sound on one site. Thanks for getting round this problem. This is the power of android + xda developers.

Reactions: e_riadi

L555BAT

Aug 31, 2013
Does Dolphin have ad blocking ability? Never used it but I need a browser that can block adds. Most of the flash I watch has adds popping up all the time so need them blocked.
Cheers.

oesjmr

Jan 10, 2011
Ohio
HTC Supersonic
LG G Pad 8.3
Does Dolphin have ad blocking ability? Never used it but I need a browser that can block adds. Most of the flash I watch has adds popping up all the time so need them blocked.
Cheers.

I don't think Dolphin has ad blocking, but if you're rooted, you can install the AdAway app from f-droid. Scroll down and under "Version 2.8" you'll see the link to download the APK.

Reactions: GuestK00150

Heisenberg02

Nov 29, 2013
Working on nexus 5 all stock!! On some websites the full screen mode of the player is not working, so you have to pinch to zoom! Anyway good work!!! :good: :good: :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the new Nexus 5 and found that flash video playing is totally incompatible with the Android 4.4 Kitkat, no t in Dolphin, not in Firefox and other browsers. This is too bad and I can't imagine it just happened.:mad::mad::mad:

I digged into the code since then and found that some critical APIs have been removed from Android 4.4 that flash uses. DAMN IT!

open failed: cannot locate symbol"_ZN7android10Vectorlmpl19reservedVectorlmpl6Ev" referenced by "libflashplayer.so:..

After several days of coding, I finally found a way out with a hacked flash player. Being so excited and i can't wait wo share it. Here is the guide about how to install the hacked one and how to play flash content in the sites in Dolphin Browser.

1) Download Dolphin Browser

Surprised, Dolphin just push a 10.2.0 update version to me and I found Dolphin Jetpack was built-in. This means you don't have to install 2 separate APK now. Cheers!!

Here is the Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Warning: [/B]You must have Dolphin Jetpack on in the settings to enjoy it. As far as I have noticed, Dolphin Jetpack better solves the compatibility with flash player, such as crash issue & freeze issue in full screen.

2) Download the hacked flash player HERE

Warning: Make sure that you have uninstall the flash player installed in your device and then install the hacked one for compatibility reason.

If your devices refused to install apk outside Google Play, you may set in your device (Settings> Securities> Unknown resources) to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.

3) Make sure that the flash setting in Dolphin Browser (Click Menu>Settings>Web Content>Flash Player) is on.

Flash Player is not officially supported and therefore the speed of loading of flash video may be slow. However, I have tried many sites such as YouTube and Hulu. They all work properly with satisfactory results.:cool:

Great thanks to @techfanatic9 for recording the video about How to Install Flash Player on Any Android KitKat Phone!

Here is the Video.
    Adobe Hacked for KitKat & Lollipop

update, it works flawlessly on 4.4.3 !

I'm attaching the file for other users.

update 2
    works on 4.4.4

go to this website using dolphin to see if your flash is working flawlessly

http://www.codegeek.net/flash-version.php

Update 3 :

Flash on Lollipop.
    Even works flawlessly with 5.1 dolphin

www.phonearena.com/news/Here-is-how-to-enable-Adobe-Flash-support-in-Android-5.0-Lollipop_id63066
    FYI, the download link for the hacked flash player is broken, and I can't find another link to go with right now. Please put it sun some where Google can't take it down.

Can someone PM me the flash apk?

Looks like Google have removed the file

Thanks

Here ;)
    By the way, downloading the hacked version of the hacked flash player from the site above is blocked by Google. Here it is.
    Adobe hacked Flash player new and correct link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkp1cmzamkk8nem/0B1qjrD8ZER9ITmlVNW1EVWM5YlE.apk

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app