Easy update and root and keep your data
You can always update to the latest build and keep your data
Like the first time installation with more 1 step
- Make sure USB-Debugging is enabled in developer-options and you have authorized the pc you're using on your phone.
- Boot your phone into fastboot mode.
You can do this by turning it off and then starting it by holding Power + Volume Down
until fastboot mode appears or just adb reboot bootloader
- Go here and click on the link for the Android Flash Tool.
(I didn't copy the link directly so i don't have to update it everytime google releases a new update)
- It should ask you to allow the website to access ADB Keys. Click Ok.
If the website somehow doesn't work, try using Google Chrome.
- Select your Pixel 5. If it's not showing up click add device.
- Click on the edit symbol (pen) in the box where the selected build is shown.
- Make sure Wipe Device, Disable Verity and Disable Verification are checked.
make sure Wipe Device , Lock Bootloader , Force Flash all Partitions are unchecked .
- Install and boot the phone when it's finished.
and finally Patch & flash boot.img
100% not working. After it was done, it said the android system could not be loaded. I had to flash vbmeta to fix it.