• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[guide]flash stock android one and exit edl mode after flash other rom

Search This thread

Danvitayan

Dec 4, 2018
Thái bình
Hi everybody.today i try to flash miui 9 on mia2 lite after i boot to edl mode.then my phone don't boot success.i try to hold down power button 1-3 minutes and this like bullshit.no respond.i try to go to fastboot mode and nothing happened.so i boot to edl mode again by test point.
For any body don't know where is test point
https://goo.gl/images/iESMgs
So i open miflash tool and flash stock rom mia2 lite.
After flashed i hold power button 10sec and boot normaly.but phone restart many time and not stop.
So i found issure in persist.img file
Then there is a way for anybody like me.
Step1:Firt.download stock rom .tgz file and extract file .go to images folder and you will see persist.img file.if not, try download any rom other.
Step2:eek:pen rawprogram0 file in images folder with notepad++
Link notepadd++
https://notepad-plus-plus.org
Step3:press crtl+f on keyboard win7 and type to find persist
Now you will see.
program SECTORSIZEINBYTES="512" filesectoroffset="0" filename="" label="persist" numpartitionsectors="65536" physicalpartitionnumber="0" sizeinKB="32768.0" sparse="true" startbytehex="0x1a8000000" startsector="13893632"/>
Step4:Note : Look at this ""
Step5:Now you type persist.img between "" and save file and exit.
Step6:Go to edl mode on mia2 lite. (Screen will be turn off.don't worry)
Try many time until miflash show device
Step7:Now you choose folder you extracted rom
Step8: press flash.wait.flash with edl mode is longer than fastboot.when it show success.you press power button 10sec and it will boot nomarlly not restart many time.
Hope you successful:)

Last edited:

Danvitayan

Dec 4, 2018
Thái bình
You open rawprogram0 file with notepad and you will see all images file with flash .note that every file list will flash but file persist.img is not on list.
Because you see in this method
program SECTORSIZEINBYTES="512" filesectoroffset="0" filename="" label="persist" numpartitionsectors="65536" physicalpartitionnumber="0" sizeinKB="32768.0" sparse="true" startbytehex="0x1a8000000" startsector="13893632"/>
Change this to
program SECTORSIZEINBYTES="512" filesectoroffset="0" filename="persist.img" label="persist" numpartitionsectors="65536" physicalpartitionnumber="0" sizeinKB="32768.0" sparse="true" startbytehex="0x1a8000000" startsector="13893632"/>
Then mi flash will flash persist.img file for you

bedoessam

May 11, 2017
Thank you very much.
My Mi A2 Lite device now live (working) by using your suggestion.

help me
after i try flash miui that my phone is brick
i try to bot edl from test point everything is good but when i start phone that mia2 lite is auto reboot.i try to flash stock rom many time but not fix(restart when first boot and i cant do any thing)
some body help me

nowbo

Aug 23, 2012
Dhaka
help me
i try to bot edl from test point everything is good but when i start phone that mia2 lite is auto reboot.i try to flash stock rom many time but not fix(restart when first boot and i cant do any thing)
some body help me

Hi,
I was in same situations today. But this post help me to get back alive again.

Here you can do as below:
1. Download Stable ROM V9.6.11.0.ODLMIFF (Android O).
2 Unzip and go in to image folder.
3. Open rawprogram0.xml on notepad.
4. Find the command line : <program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="" label="persist" num_partition_sectors="65536" physical_partition_number="0" size_in_KB="32768.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0xbfff400" start_sector="393210"/>
5. in that line just add hi-lighted part (persist.img) or just copy and paste this line:<program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="persist.img" label="persist" num_partition_sectors="65536" physical_partition_number="0" size_in_KB="32768.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0xbfff400" start_sector="393210"/>
6. now put device on EDL mode.
7. Flash with XiaoMiFlash.
8. Reboot after complete flash process.
9. Every thing will be fine again.
10. Don't for get to thanks this post creator.
Thanks

morenojm

Feb 28, 2008
I have a mia2 lite that after edl (normal) it loads Android one screen right after it shows l
The loading line and it reboots and keeps like this, I've tried 3 times and won't boot normal

Any advice? This method could work for me?

Hi,

4. Find the command line : <program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="" label="persist" num_partition_sectors="65536" physical_partition_number="0" size_in_KB="32768.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0xbfff400" start_sector="393210"/>
5. in that line just add hi-lighted part (persist.img) or just copy and paste this line:<program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="persist.img" label="persist" num_partition_sectors="65536" physical_partition_number="0" size_in_KB="32768.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0xbfff400" start_sector="393210"/>
Thanks

Please for clarity sake, there are two lines of code dat refer to "persist".
do i copy and replace both lines?
or do i copy and replace jus the first line?
or do i copy and replace just the second line?

because mine keeps coming up with a blank screen after android one.

Thanks for your timely response.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody.today i try to flash miui 9 on mia2 lite after i boot to edl mode.then my phone don't boot success.i try to hold down power button 1-3 minutes and this like bullshit.no respond.i try to go to fastboot mode and nothing happened.so i boot to edl mode again by test point.
    For any body don't know where is test point
    https://goo.gl/images/iESMgs
    So i open miflash tool and flash stock rom mia2 lite.
    After flashed i hold power button 10sec and boot normaly.but phone restart many time and not stop.
    So i found issure in persist.img file
    Then there is a way for anybody like me.
    Step1:Firt.download stock rom .tgz file and extract file .go to images folder and you will see persist.img file.if not, try download any rom other.
    Step2:eek:pen rawprogram0 file in images folder with notepad++
    Link notepadd++
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org
    Step3:press crtl+f on keyboard win7 and type to find persist
    Now you will see.
    Step4:Note : Look at this ""
    Step5:Now you type persist.img between "" and save file and exit.
    Step6:Go to edl mode on mia2 lite. (Screen will be turn off.don't worry)
    Try many time until miflash show device
    Step7:Now you choose folder you extracted rom
    Step8: press flash.wait.flash with edl mode is longer than fastboot.when it show success.you press power button 10sec and it will boot nomarlly not restart many time.
    Hope you successful:)
    help me
    some body help me

Hi,

Thanks
    ok it's working Well Done
    Impressive, good work!
    Thank you very much.
    My Mi A2 Lite device now live (working) by using your suggestion.