• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] Flash TWRP (3.2.3+) on G800F

Search This thread

C0rn3j

Jan 22, 2016
1) Get the latest TWRP .img file from - https://dl.twrp.me/kminilte/

2) Download latest Heimdall for your operating system - http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/

3) Take the case off, you will need to quickly remove the battery later

4) Get the phone to Download mode - hold VOL-, PWR and HOME buttons at the same time while booting.

5) Connect the phone via USB

6) run cmd.exe as admin/run heimdall with sudo rights and execute the following command (modify the file path/name depending where yours is located) -

#check if heimdall can see the phone
heimdall detect

#flash the recovery
heimdall flash --RECOVERY /home/c0rn3j/Downloads/twrp-20170324-UNOFFICIAL-kminilte.img

7) Immediately after you get the success message and your phone starts rebooting, take the battery off and unplug the USB

8) Put the battery back and hold the key combo to get into recovery - VOL+, PWR and HOME

9) Luckily you should now be in the TWRP recovery. If you booted into the stock recovery despite getting the success message, you may have not been quick enough with killing the phone and it reflashed its own stock recovery. In that case repeat again from step 4)

Last edited:

C0rn3j

Jan 22, 2016
2017-11-7 - Updated TWRP link as TWRP has been upstreamed and unofficial builds are no longer needed. Bumped TWRP version in the title.

Reactions: GooDiK

U03A6

Dec 6, 2017
Excellent guide, thanks!
I just like to say that when you add --no-reboot (see below) you don't need the dexterity to remove the USB cable and the battery simultaneously.
(I don't have that dexterity, and I'm happy that I tried to flash the phone in a room with a thick carpet)
heimdall flash --no-reboot --RECOVERY ~/Downloads/twrp-X.X.X-kminilte.img

Einheit-101

Jul 4, 2013
Since Heimdall is crap and doesnt work thanks to "failed to initialize protocol" or "cannot access device libusb error -12", is there another way to properly flash twrp on this device or am i lost in space?

Aug 10, 2018

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2017-11-7 - Updated TWRP link as TWRP has been upstreamed and unofficial builds are no longer needed. Bumped TWRP version in the title.