Guide: Flashing Motorola Firmware
If your device has its own section please post in that section.
You can ping me with @sd_shadow
MediaTek or Qualcomm Chip?
- Know what software version is on your device before flashing see Post #2
- Do not downgrade firmware with a locked bootloader, it may make the device unusable.
- If you flash firmware for a different model, even if it is similar, it may make the device unusable.
Notice: Some devices on Android 10 and above now require fastbootd mode
See What is fastbootd?
- There are a few options for flashing stock Motorola firmware.
- Linux and Mac flashing options posted in my thread here.
- Rescue and Smart Assistant (LMSA)(PC) : Best option but not Compatible with all devices
- RSD Lite: Great if you can get it to work, It's not compatible with many Windows 10 pcs and usb 3 ports.
- Using Mfastboot.exe to Flash a Motorola device Built for Motorola hasn't been updated in years, but still works well.
- fastboot.exe: See below
Flashing with fastboot.exe
First, watch this video, it's a bit old, but Root Junkie covers the steps very well.
There are a few things you need.
- Install Moto USB Drivers
- How to Enter Fastboot Mode
- Set up adb and fastboot.exe
- Device Model #, Codename, and Software Channel.
- Motorola Blursoftware versions and Android Versions
- Stock Motorola Firmware
- Firmware is normally compressed and will need to be unzipped before using.
- Flashing Commands
Batch script for Flashing firmware
Flashing Radio Only
Blankflash and EDL Mode
Downgrading Moto Firmware