[GUIDE] Flashing roms with S-ON and 1.27+ HBOOT

dealkk

Feb 24, 2007
after flash, i can not connect to wifi. Any fixed?
another question about Enabling permanent smartflash. i am doing 5A and it ask "HTC Sensation /XE" . i am on tmobile us, i think i should answer no. when i answer no, there are no HTC Senstion 4g for me to choose. any advice? also, i use the tmobile rom, can i use the one with beat audio

Last edited:

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
after flash, i can not connect to wifi. Any fixed?
another question about Enabling permanent smartflash. i am doing 5A and it ask "HTC Sensation /XE" . i am on tmobile us, i think i should answer no. when i answer no, there are no HTC Senstion 4g for me to choose. any advice? also, i use the tmobile rom, can i use the one with beat audio
When you do 5A you would say yes.. Irrespective of the device (htc sensation covers sensation 4g too)

For wifi fix.. Do the rom flash again..without any wipe.. Make sure you first do 5A properly then do the rom flash

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Thanks for writing this useful guide. Just put ViperS 1.0.1 on my Sensation XE using this guide. Everything worked as the guide explained. Only thing i need to do now is sort out wifi not working.
Extra 1 step for wifi fix..
If it didn't solved the issue.. Reflash the rom with smartflash enabled without any wipe

Extra 1 step for wifi fix..
If it didn't solved the issue.. Reflash the rom with smartflash enabled without any wipe

Thanks for the quick response. Tried reflashing the boot.img from the roms boot.img in kernel directory. I'll try reflashing the rom now as instructed. :good:

Legend. Worked a treat! Without being a pain, why has this worked?

Last edited:

Daveheelga

Jun 21, 2011
Flashing Rom

I tried flashing ViperS using 4ext, and am getting the following error:

Under updating kernal...
assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/newboot.img", "boot")

I've tried to re-flash via recovery, but Viper will not start up. Thoughts?

Thanks!

David

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
I tried flashing ViperS using 4ext, and am getting the following error:

Under updating kernal...
assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/newboot.img", "boot")

I've tried to re-flash via recovery, but Viper will not start up. Thoughts?

Thanks!

David
Maybe a bad download, try downloading the ROM again then re flash everything doing a full wipe. If no luck with that then back up your SD card and do a full re format with fat 32, then try again.

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Thanks for the quick response. Tried reflashing the boot.img from the roms boot.img in kernel directory. I'll try reflashing the rom now as instructed. :good:

Legend. Worked a treat! Without being a pain, why has this worked?
The same explanation kernel and it's module mismatches.. SmartFlash will behave naughty ;) initially so some extra flashes are required

Reactions: -Asskicker-

Daveheelga

Jun 21, 2011
Thanks!

Maybe a bad download, try downloading the ROM again then re flash everything doing a full wipe. If no luck with that then back up your SD card and do a full re format with fat 32, then try again.
Thanks! I downloaded the ROM again and got it to work. Thanks again for your help!

shetc

Apr 27, 2012
Just did this process on my son's Sensation, and it worked like a charm! Thanks for providing the info.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda app-developers app

Reactions: -Asskicker-

-Asskicker-

Jun 1, 2010
Thank you very much for making this very useful guide! SO easy to follow and helped me install ARHD without any headache :D
You are welcome!

Updated the guide: Some people seemed to get stuck during the first boot after flashing a rom, they need to do step Extra 1 and the issue should be resolved.