• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide]Flashing View 10 Pixel Experience to Honor Note 10

Search This thread

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
Hi,

Since I've been requested by other forumers; I will list down on how I managed to flash Pixel Experience ROM from Honor View 10 to our Note 10.

Disclaimer: I am not dev, and I don't own or developed the steps; just compiling as steps by steps to other forumers so that they can enjoy their note 10 in Pixel Experience alike :)

I've tested the Pixel Experience, a part from having some launcher draw slight lag - So far everything has been good and notifications come on time + the battery life is almost identical to EMUI itself.

Here is how I start:
1:UNLOCK Bootloader (Steps 1 & 2 are essentials so you can't skip it) - https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-10/how-to/bootloader-unlock-root-tutorial-huawei-t3855643

You have to unlock bootloader and the only way as mentioned, will be by paying the service. I've got my code there and so far it's been pretty legit.

Skip step 3 as you are changing the ROM. Once flash new ROM, root will disappear so you may skip it.

2. Download Pixel Experience ROM: https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-view-10/development/rom-pixel-experience-t3867008
Direct Link: https://download.pixelexperience.org/berkeley/

It is important to you to download this TWRP as well: https://storage.codebucket.de/public...0-berkeley.img (DO NOT FLASH IT YET)

2. Boot into the default EMUI after you have done unlocked. You should notice all your data is missing and EMUI requesting you to resetup your phone. I skipped it and so far all's been good. Restart the phone. Hold Volume Up + Power Button until you boot into TWRP recovery screen.

3. Format your data using advanced wipe - Cache, Dalvik/Cache, Data and System.

4. Once done, navigate back to Install and select Pixel Experience and flash it. I do not encounter any trouble so far, no errors and etc. (You should still have it under your download folder as you do not flash your internal storage).

5. Wipe Cache

6. Reboot into your phone and viola you get Pixel Experience.

7. This may be skipped if you do not wish to root your phone as your phone is working correctly. If you are using previous TWRP, you will stuck at the splash screen and it will not boot into the TWRP.

Follow this step if you want to flash Magisk.

Enable back USB debugging > adb fastboot bootloader

8. Flash the TWRP again by using fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.2-0-berkeley.img. Reboot and hold Volume Up + Power button again. Viola, you have a working TWRP now.

Please be advised that your internal storage, might be like mine in which you will not able to flash any ZIP due to encrypted folder. Your folder will appear as some random characters/letters and you can't see your zip files. My workaround is to add-in a MicroSD and flash Magisk.zip through the MicroSD.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I will try my best to help out. As said, I am not a developer - I am just compiling the guide for other forumers. Credit goes back to the thread owners: 7gismo, Codebucket and other developers whom involved with the projects. Kudos and peace out.

nayan159

Dec 21, 2015
Dhaka
I had little more complex problem.
I was rooted with magisk in default emui ROM 8.2.0.132.
So 1st Step: Download 8.2.0.132_Full_OTA.zip & using Huawei Extractor, extract recovery & ramdisk
2nd Step: Unroot via Magisk Manager
3rd Step: Overwrite TWRP with official recovery & overwrite boot/ramdisk with extracted ramdisk
4th Step: reboot to recovery & factory reset. then reboot to system
5th Step: again TWRP
Rest are the same as you.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

There was a problem in TWRP. Usb device is not recognized in windows 10 in recovery mode. I had to change from my new pc (windows 10) to old pc(windows 7). Don't know what's the problem?

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
Guyz a few pictures of the ROM would be great if you show us.. mainly settings .. what apps are present ,if google pay fully works , NFC , f-print face ID..
Thnx

Hi. I have not tested Google pay due to my country lack of it. So far fingerprint works, facr unlock does work but it is unlike original emui where it'll auto unlock the phone - you still need to slide to unlock after it recognise your face. So far apart from volte in which the developer has mentioned. I have not received any error or tested something which not work.

Will update if I encounter any bug or issues.

nayan159

Dec 21, 2015
Dhaka
My previous phone was Nexus 6P. I always felt, there are lacking of some tiny features in barebone Android which maybe not so important to others. But to enable these features I have to use Xposed+Magisk+modules
1. network speed at status bar
2. When a call connected, short vibration alert
3. Applock with fingerprint natively
4. Battery Percentage within battery icon
5. Always on display automatically off within pocket
6. Themes

All are present in EMUI 8.2
That's why, I have returned from Pixel Experience ROM to EMUI in my Honor Note 10.

But the aggressive battery & ram management leads to unusable notification feature. Real time notification is totally absent if the app is not running in multitasking bar. Google location history is not working due to China EMUI ROM. But this notification failure is totally unacceptable, again I am planning to change to other custom ROM

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
I meant desktop, icons, settings.. Overall the look of this ROM.. But checked.. Now
So can I install it now? All 100% works? G pay Google history works? All functions works?

I am not sure Gpay works or not cause I am not using GooglePay as said. All functions so far work so well except for LTE which will not. I haven't get any error and etc, and yet to encounter an app that doesn't work.

Sorry cause Android pay isn't too popular here in my country, we usually use wechat pay, alipay and other medium

zhumingvictor

Aug 11, 2010
Hi, I successfully flashed based on your instructions. Everything works perfectly except Netflix is not working properly. First I don't see it in play store, then I downloaded the all and installed. Now when I play videos there is only sound with black screen. Are you experiencing this issue?

Thanks.

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
Hi, I successfully flashed based on your instructions. Everything works perfectly except Netflix is not working properly. First I don't see it in play store, then I downloaded the all and installed. Now when I play videos there is only sound with black screen. Are you experiencing this issue?

Thanks.

Have you tried to flash the latest version? There's an update which fixed my Always Listen to Song as well.

Any fotos would be great? Setting menu interface..
Why u guys not uploading fotos?
Don't be lazy...
Google pay working?
Google maps history works?
Google assistance works?
Stock huawei camera works?
Is it based on pie 9?

I can only answer you based on this what I experience - I am not sure why photos are required though if you really want Pixel Experience because it is exactly same as the one in Honor View 10. Even the update for the newest Pixel Experience works and now my Always listen to Song works.
Google pay working? Answered
Google maps history works? It works for me. And so far no crash and etc when I am using Google Map/Waze. So all good
Google assistance works? Yes, but if the screen is locked, then it is not working. Not sure if there's changes cause my Pixel XL also doesn't work nowadays if I locked my phone.
Stock huawei camera works? Yes. The camera is based on Huawei default camera app as Gcam is not working and hence not installed in the Pixel Experience ROM
Is it based on pie 9? It is. The Pixel Experience forum has this note.

BTW, those questions have been answered in this thread and another forum (Honor View 10 Pixel Experience). If you are really into Pixel Experience, go ahead and flash it. You can revert back afterall; but I do notice that the lag of the Pixel Launcher still persists hence I have to use Lawnchair launcher (Which fixed the issue; no idea why).

zhumingvictor

Aug 11, 2010
Have you tried to flash the latest version? There's an update which fixed my Always Listen to Song as well.

Hi, thanks for you instructions. I did flash the latest version. Everything works fine except netflix showing a black screen with only audio when play movies. I did some google and seems like it is related to root/unlocked bootloader and I am not rooted. Do you use netflix? If so does it work for you?

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
Hi, thanks for you instructions. I did flash the latest version. Everything works fine except netflix showing a black screen with only audio when play movies. I did some google and seems like it is related to root/unlocked bootloader and I am not rooted. Do you use netflix? If so does it work for you?

Sorry but unfortunately I don't use Netflix on my phone. But I've seen a lot of different complaint where they fixed the issue by resetting the certificate. Google Netflix black screen Google pixel and there are tons of same complaint.

Yes I do follow the China forum but then again the reasons why I moved away from emui:
- notification issue (super aggressive killed all apps even I locked it and set full manual permission)
- the default launcher has been removed and only by removing the default launcher through adb then only it is able to change.
- ok Google unable to be used and still hivoice as default
- cause it is not global room, Google feed is not able to be swiped
- prefer stock Android as minimalist
- Samsung health not working

I kinda miss Huawei functions though, some of them are really useful in comparison to pixel experience

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
Don't think so as you have to remember that this isn't a global rom, but China only. If you notice and compare, the global rom has slight different and Google integration.

But I've tested the notifications issue on my emui 9. Same thing happened cause of the aggressive battery saver

Dombrr

Jul 7, 2017
Hi, does desktop mode still works with pixel experience and is the aspect ratio correct too, cause Note 10 has 1080 x 2220 and View 10- 1080 x 2160 resolution? Thanks!

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
How is the battery life after using this rom?

It's less long lasting than original ROM, but this is to be expected because the notifications work well and it doesn't aggressively kills the background apps as in the orignal ROM.

Overall, I still able to:
Uncharge at 1.30 am and use it up to 8.30 pm with 20 - 30% battery life. It's quite a moderate use - like day to day routine - whatsapp, facebook, some reading, youtube, and etc

Gunbit

Sep 5, 2016
It's less long lasting than original ROM, but this is to be expected because the notifications work well and it doesn't aggressively kills the background apps as in the orignal ROM.

Overall, I still able to:
Uncharge at 1.30 am and use it up to 8.30 pm with 20 - 30% battery life. It's quite a moderate use - like day to day routine - whatsapp, facebook, some reading, youtube, and etc

I see I see, so whats your average SOT? Can it last two days of moderate use?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Since I've been requested by other forumers; I will list down on how I managed to flash Pixel Experience ROM from Honor View 10 to our Note 10.

Disclaimer: I am not dev, and I don't own or developed the steps; just compiling as steps by steps to other forumers so that they can enjoy their note 10 in Pixel Experience alike :)

I've tested the Pixel Experience, a part from having some launcher draw slight lag - So far everything has been good and notifications come on time + the battery life is almost identical to EMUI itself.

Here is how I start:
    1:UNLOCK Bootloader (Steps 1 & 2 are essentials so you can't skip it) - https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-10/how-to/bootloader-unlock-root-tutorial-huawei-t3855643

You have to unlock bootloader and the only way as mentioned, will be by paying the service. I've got my code there and so far it's been pretty legit.

Skip step 3 as you are changing the ROM. Once flash new ROM, root will disappear so you may skip it.

2. Download Pixel Experience ROM: https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-view-10/development/rom-pixel-experience-t3867008
    Direct Link: https://download.pixelexperience.org/berkeley/

It is important to you to download this TWRP as well: https://storage.codebucket.de/public...0-berkeley.img (DO NOT FLASH IT YET)

2. Boot into the default EMUI after you have done unlocked. You should notice all your data is missing and EMUI requesting you to resetup your phone. I skipped it and so far all's been good. Restart the phone. Hold Volume Up + Power Button until you boot into TWRP recovery screen.

3. Format your data using advanced wipe - Cache, Dalvik/Cache, Data and System.

4. Once done, navigate back to Install and select Pixel Experience and flash it. I do not encounter any trouble so far, no errors and etc. (You should still have it under your download folder as you do not flash your internal storage).

5. Wipe Cache

6. Reboot into your phone and viola you get Pixel Experience.

7. This may be skipped if you do not wish to root your phone as your phone is working correctly. If you are using previous TWRP, you will stuck at the splash screen and it will not boot into the TWRP.

Follow this step if you want to flash Magisk.

Enable back USB debugging > adb fastboot bootloader

8. Flash the TWRP again by using fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.2-0-berkeley.img. Reboot and hold Volume Up + Power button again. Viola, you have a working TWRP now.

Please be advised that your internal storage, might be like mine in which you will not able to flash any ZIP due to encrypted folder. Your folder will appear as some random characters/letters and you can't see your zip files. My workaround is to add-in a MicroSD and flash Magisk.zip through the MicroSD.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I will try my best to help out. As said, I am not a developer - I am just compiling the guide for other forumers. Credit goes back to the thread owners: 7gismo, Codebucket and other developers whom involved with the projects. Kudos and peace out.
    Hi, does desktop mode still works with pixel experience and is the aspect ratio correct too, cause Note 10 has 1080 x 2220 and View 10- 1080 x 2160 resolution? Thanks!

Haven't try desktop mode yet, but my assumption that it will not work as the integration is done by EMUI.
    I see I see, so whats your average SOT? Can it last two days of moderate use?

About 4 - 5 hours. Don't think it can last as long as the original ROM.
    i use it one Week,the Rom is very Good.
    No Problems with all and all what i need works for me.
    Sot in this Rom 7 Hours,with original Huawei Rom is a little bit longer 8-9 Hours Sot.
    For me ok,i have 2 Honor Note 10,one for tesing and another for daily use