[Guide]Flashing View 10 Pixel Experience to Honor Note 10

Search This thread

Gunbit

Sep 5, 2016
i use it one Week,the Rom is very Good.
No Problems with all and all what i need works for me.
Sot in this Rom 7 Hours,with original Huawei Rom is a little bit longer 8-9 Hours Sot.
For me ok,i have 2 Honor Note 10,one for tesing and another for daily use

Hi do you have any data pictures on this?

How many days?
No wifi, only data?
Also play games etc?

Thank you

sushrukh

Jun 27, 2010
Kolkata
I think not according to the developer. Downgrade to EMUI 8 first

You still have not uploaded any pics of the rom running on the Honor Note 10....I don't think it will take too much of your time to upload just 2-3 screenshots... :)

Yes yes we know that, it's the same rom of View 10 but we would still like to see how it looks on our Honor Note 10...

Looks like the rom is not stable on Note 10 or has bugs that's why no-one has shared any pics & people are going back to the stock rom...

Also @OP, you mentioned SOT of just 4-5 hours with this Pixel rom...If you were really serious by saying that, then there is no way, I will even try installing because the stock rom gives 8-9 hours SOT & 2 days of battery run time easily...

P.S. This is the message showing on the Pixel Experience site (https://download.pixelexperience.org/berkeley/) "This device has been abandoned and will no longer receive updates for this edition."

So, in short, do not install this rom on your Note 10...It will no longer receive any updates because the project has been abandoned...

Last edited:
You still have not uploaded any pics of the rom running on the Honor Note 10....I don't think it will take too much of your time to upload just 2-3 screenshots... :)

Yes yes we know that, it's the same rom of View 10 but we would still like to see how it looks on our Honor Note 10...

Looks like the rom is not stable on Note 10 or has bugs that's why no-one has shared any pics & people are going back to the stock rom...

Also @OP, you mentioned SOT of just 4-5 hours with this Pixel rom...If you were really serious by saying that, then there is no way, I will even try installing because the stock rom gives 8-9 hours SOT & 2 days of battery run time easily...

P.S. This is the message showing on the Pixel Experience site (https://download.pixelexperience.org/berkeley/) "This device has been abandoned and will no longer receive updates for this edition."

So, in short, do not install this rom on your Note 10...It will no longer receive any updates because the project has been abandoned...

Here are a few pictures, I do not know what you want to see. This Rome is running very stable. Battery is enough for 24-30 hours. I did not pay attention to SOT yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190130-075454.png
    Screenshot_20190130-075454.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20190130-075425.png
    Screenshot_20190130-075425.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20190130-075513.png
    Screenshot_20190130-075513.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_20190130-075519.png
    Screenshot_20190130-075519.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 172

sushrukh

Jun 27, 2010
Kolkata
Here are a few pictures, I do not know what you want to see. This Rome is running very stable. Battery is enough for 24-30 hours. I did not pay attention to SOT yet.

Thanks for the pics...

Since the project has been abandoned by the developer, I am not going to try the rom anyways...Just wanted to see how the rom looks on Note 10, nothing else...I will keep my device fully on stock because of no-existence of good custom rom & lack of developer support for the device...

Also I get almost 70 hours on stock rom on Note 10...So, that 24-30 hours is a huge let-down...

Last edited:

lavenderyew

Jul 30, 2014
Thanks for the pics...

Since the project has been abandoned by the developer, I am not going to try the rom anyways...Just wanted to see how the rom looks on Note 10, nothing else...I will keep my device fully on stock because of no-existence of good custom rom & lack of developer support for the device...

Also I get almost 70 hours on stock rom on Note 10...So, that 24-30 hours is a huge let-down...

Yes. I've compared both EMUI 9 vs Pixel Experience. Indeed EMUI 9 has longer lasting battery. It could last me 2 days with normal usage and without charge while Pixel experience can only last me a day. And some features from EMUI 9 such as face unlock is not available in Pixel Experience. Basically you are flashing Pixel ROM to Honor Note 10. You gain some (like Google services are all working perfectly) and you lose some. It depends on personal preferences.

The very reason why I didn't provide any screenshot is basically it is the identical usage with Honor View 10, and I don't see the reason for me to do so. It's not like there's anything missing or not working. It is the exact same as per Honor View 10 thread. But too bad the project is being abandon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Since I've been requested by other forumers; I will list down on how I managed to flash Pixel Experience ROM from Honor View 10 to our Note 10.

Disclaimer: I am not dev, and I don't own or developed the steps; just compiling as steps by steps to other forumers so that they can enjoy their note 10 in Pixel Experience alike :)

I've tested the Pixel Experience, a part from having some launcher draw slight lag - So far everything has been good and notifications come on time + the battery life is almost identical to EMUI itself.

Here is how I start:
    1:UNLOCK Bootloader (Steps 1 & 2 are essentials so you can't skip it) - https://xdaforums.com/note-10/how-to/bootloader-unlock-root-tutorial-huawei-t3855643

You have to unlock bootloader and the only way as mentioned, will be by paying the service. I've got my code there and so far it's been pretty legit.

Skip step 3 as you are changing the ROM. Once flash new ROM, root will disappear so you may skip it.

2. Download Pixel Experience ROM: https://xdaforums.com/honor-view-10/development/rom-pixel-experience-t3867008
    Direct Link: https://download.pixelexperience.org/berkeley/

It is important to you to download this TWRP as well: https://storage.codebucket.de/public...0-berkeley.img (DO NOT FLASH IT YET)

2. Boot into the default EMUI after you have done unlocked. You should notice all your data is missing and EMUI requesting you to resetup your phone. I skipped it and so far all's been good. Restart the phone. Hold Volume Up + Power Button until you boot into TWRP recovery screen.

3. Format your data using advanced wipe - Cache, Dalvik/Cache, Data and System.

4. Once done, navigate back to Install and select Pixel Experience and flash it. I do not encounter any trouble so far, no errors and etc. (You should still have it under your download folder as you do not flash your internal storage).

5. Wipe Cache

6. Reboot into your phone and viola you get Pixel Experience.

7. This may be skipped if you do not wish to root your phone as your phone is working correctly. If you are using previous TWRP, you will stuck at the splash screen and it will not boot into the TWRP.

Follow this step if you want to flash Magisk.

Enable back USB debugging > adb fastboot bootloader

8. Flash the TWRP again by using fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.2-0-berkeley.img. Reboot and hold Volume Up + Power button again. Viola, you have a working TWRP now.

Please be advised that your internal storage, might be like mine in which you will not able to flash any ZIP due to encrypted folder. Your folder will appear as some random characters/letters and you can't see your zip files. My workaround is to add-in a MicroSD and flash Magisk.zip through the MicroSD.

If you have questions, feel free to ask. I will try my best to help out. As said, I am not a developer - I am just compiling the guide for other forumers. Credit goes back to the thread owners: 7gismo, Codebucket and other developers whom involved with the projects. Kudos and peace out.
    Hi, does desktop mode still works with pixel experience and is the aspect ratio correct too, cause Note 10 has 1080 x 2220 and View 10- 1080 x 2160 resolution? Thanks!

Haven't try desktop mode yet, but my assumption that it will not work as the integration is done by EMUI.
    I see I see, so whats your average SOT? Can it last two days of moderate use?

About 4 - 5 hours. Don't think it can last as long as the original ROM.
    i use it one Week,the Rom is very Good.
    No Problems with all and all what i need works for me.
    Sot in this Rom 7 Hours,with original Huawei Rom is a little bit longer 8-9 Hours Sot.
    For me ok,i have 2 Honor Note 10,one for tesing and another for daily use