Guide for Calibration Finger Print after loss data calibration

Search This thread

DeathreaperX15

Oct 2, 2016
Nubia Red Magic 6
Can someone help me, I need better clarification on some things.

So the first set of steps involve:
1) 'call' *#9959* and turn off the 'performance'
2) click 'start' and leave to phone/screen alone aka no touching it whats so ever, then I get the following text in image 1.

Now the steps after that have me confused on some things:
Step 2
3) Click 'Next' and the screen will dim abit

Do I have to leave the screen alone or do I have to put my finger immediately after hitting 'next'?
Cause I saw posts about leaving it alone and others saying to put my finger(thumb).
If I put my finger on the screen it gives me an error '0x3A self-exposure abnormal' (as in image 2);
but if I leave it alone it'll give me 'Auto_Exposure' & 'Flesh' tests succeeded (image 3)
I NEED clarification here, am I doing this part wrong by not having my finger on the Fp scanner.

Now for step 3, I have to:
4) click on 'Next' and the phone will do the 'Dark' and 'Dark-Base' tests. The should be left alone here as well. (Image 4)

I need to be in a dark room for this, correct?

Now for the final step
6) Click 'Next' and put my finger back to the screen on the blue FP scanner(?)

When I do this; I end up with '0x14 the number of bad pixels....' (image 5)

Note: if it helps my dps is set to 360 and in the last screenshot are the in-display position coordinates.

Any help is very up appreciated.

Attachments

• Image_1-1.png
    Image_1-1.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Image_2.png
    Image_2.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Image_3.png
    Image_3.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Image_4.png
    Image_4.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Image_5.png
    Image_5.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_2021-06-26-09-37-00-499.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-26-09-37-00-499.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Domukum

Jul 15, 2021
Can someone help me, I need better clarification on some things.

So the first set of steps involve:
1) 'call' *#9959* and turn off the 'performance'
2) click 'start' and leave to phone/screen alone aka no touching it whats so ever, then I get the following text in image 1.

Now the steps after that have me confused on some things:
Step 2
3) Click 'Next' and the screen will dim abit

Do I have to leave the screen alone or do I have to put my finger immediately after hitting 'next'?
Cause I saw posts about leaving it alone and others saying to put my finger(thumb).
If I put my finger on the screen it gives me an error '0x3A self-exposure abnormal' (as in image 2);
but if I leave it alone it'll give me 'Auto_Exposure' & 'Flesh' tests succeeded (image 3)
I NEED clarification here, am I doing this part wrong by not having my finger on the Fp scanner.

Now for step 3, I have to:
4) click on 'Next' and the phone will do the 'Dark' and 'Dark-Base' tests. The should be left alone here as well. (Image 4)

I need to be in a dark room for this, correct?

Now for the final step
6) Click 'Next' and put my finger back to the screen on the blue FP scanner(?)

When I do this; I end up with '0x14 the number of bad pixels....' (image 5)

Note: if it helps my dps is set to 360 and in the last screenshot are the in-display position coordinates.

Any help is very up appreciated.
Did you get something?

djuby

Apr 21, 2008
Hi all,

Any update on this procedure for calibration of the fingerprint scanner? It always gives me an error on the last step. Starting to think that this calibration is not working correct.

Best regards.

wathry

May 25, 2014
Any update on this procedure for calibration of the fingerprint scanner?
no chance about 1000 try and nothing

mahmood rabee

Jan 9, 2022
oman
gays i find the solution. u can do it by optical finger print calibration tool. it available online and cheap. i will post photo. and how to use u can watch YouTube. i test it for my redmagic 6 pro it work

Attachments

• IMG-20220424-WA0072.jpeg
    IMG-20220424-WA0072.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

wathry

May 25, 2014
gays i find the solution. u can do it by optical finger print calibration tool. it available online and cheap. i will post photo. and how to use u can watch YouTube. i test it for my redmagic 6 pro it work
yes me too it worked for me.
i lost my fingerprint long time ago and I tried more than 2000 time with my finger but nothing ,
and when i used this tool it worked for my redmagic 5g lite (nubia play)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guide for calibration FingerPrint for Red Magic 5G

After unlock bootloader .. some people may loss data calibration and some people could get it back simply just by locking the bootloader,

but if you want to get ur finger print back to work for both bootloader unlock and bootloader locked after loosing data calibration

You have to do same like instruction below:

- Dial *#9959# (dont allow data memory and clear data in system app In-Display FingerPrint)

- uncheck performance checkbox , check only calibration checkbox

- 4 step for calibration

All steps shall be in dark place

1. Press START and dont press anything it will pass

2.Press NEXT and by lattice glove press on circle it should pass

3.Press NEXT and put some anything black non reflectuvec( the display became black for calibration of the black) and it should pass

The fourth step the hardest u may fail so many times

4.Press NEXT and by thumb finger almost in vertical position press on circle(keep the thumb well pressed the initial part of the finger and slightly raised on the knuckle must be vertical in the straight direction not horizontally or slightly)

Note fourth step u may fail and repeat from begining u may reach 20 trials or more dont get bored u will success

If you are lucky see success alert in green color
    In system app in setting In-Display-Fingerprint allow access data memory and reboot device .

Enjoy again your Finger Print!

P.S. = doing this procedure in a place in total darkness, there must be only the light of the display
    In 4 step the finger must cover the darker part of the circle (for this I say to raise it slightly) and it must be well pressed but not too strong.
    For test I used before unbricktool NO EU after I did ota update to 3.13 ,note in "in display finger print" system app you must have 3.91MB without cache and user data only for app this is very important also delete cache and data.
    This procedure isn't professional but effective!
    Putting this up here in the hope it may help someone fix their FP. I was able to do it twice now. The first time it took me about 20 minutes, the second time about an hour, but mostly because I had to take care of kids. The first time was when I unlocked my bootloader, the second was a kind of a challange as I know not many people were able to do it.

I did it ONLY with my finger and in a half-lit room. So no glove or complete darkness.

Mike, [06.03.21 20:31]
    You have to use the upper half of your thumb

Mike, [06.03.21 20:32]
    You place your finger vertically, it has to be straight up and your press the upper half on the sensor, you have to cover it all

Mike, [06.03.21 20:32]
    Gently, not too hard, but firm

Mike, [06.03.21 20:34]
    It helps to press your index finger to the bottom edge of the phone as it helps you to press the thumb properly

First step, you do it with your thumb

Second step, black, you just let it go without anything

Mike, [06.03.21 20:35]
    And the third step is crucial, you do it just with your thumb like I described above

Mike, [06.03.21 20:36]
    I suggest you use your left index finger to tap next, but in a way that it goes below the sensors at the to of the screen so that you don't cover them

Mike, [06.03.21 20:36]
    You should be able to pass the first step pretty easily after a couple of tries, black just passed anyway

Mike, [06.03.21 20:37]
    If you get the bad pixels message after step 3, you have to change the adjustment of your thumb as you don't want that message at all, it means you've failed

Mike, [06.03.21 20:38]
    You're looking for a message ending with KB

Once you get it, you're close

When you see it, repeat the steps exactly how you got to the KB message and you'll succeed soon
    Step 4 is making me want to throw my phone at the wall lok
    Can you show us the right way and make a video
    no but i already calibrated my finger print if you follow well all step and notes you will recovery FP. Many people restored with success.
    What am I doing wrong?
    1609300905547.png