• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE]For Flashing Baseband/Modem/Bootloader N9005

Search This thread

DonPhelippe

Nov 8, 2011
Athens
A difficult question:

N9005 with 4.3 bootloader. Currently have custom recovery cwm 6.0.4.5 which is fine and dandy for cm11 but i want to prepare for the eventual cm12 releases and now that temasek is getting somewhere i want to try his rom.
Unfortunately i have a 4.3 bl so i wonder: is there a way to install the 4.4 bl (the firmware is too huge to be downloaded... Damn), and then flash over it a cwm or twrp so i can try the cm12 batch of roms?

Pray do tell if you have any idea if this could happen.

And thank you very much in advance.

donia1022006

Nov 8, 2013
i can not flash the modem and bootloader

i can not flash the lollipop n9005 xxugnbl8 modem and bootloadem after update to it always stick to n9005xxugng1 modem and bootloader , any help

cryostasis25

Apr 11, 2011
If you flashe the modem that you want remove the auto restart in odin options then once it shows pass reset disconnect the phone and turn it off by pressing the power button until it turns off then boot to download mode again and flash the non-hlos with retart selected. After that check if modem has changed.

Reactions: cheetah81

vibe666

Apr 9, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
am I screwed?

I have a SM-N9005 with 4.4.2 and Baseband N9005XXUGNG1.

I recently moved to another country and needed to get the device SIM unlocked, but my old mobile provider isn't interested even though I bought the device outright (and expected it to be unlocked already).

I tried doctorunlock and a few other online IMEI based unlocking services, but they all tell me that for some reason my device isn't registered in the Samsung database they all use and that as such they can't generate the unlock code.

I had read somewhere that if I can downgrade my modem version using ODIN I might be able to unlock the device that way, but just reading through this thread it now seems like that isn't possible either with my current firmware. Am I totally screwed? :(

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
I have a SM-N9005 with 4.4.2 and Baseband N9005XXUGNG1.

I recently moved to another country and needed to get the device SIM unlocked, but my old mobile provider isn't interested even though I bought the device outright (and expected it to be unlocked already).

I tried doctorunlock and a few other online IMEI based unlocking services, but they all tell me that for some reason my device isn't registered in the Samsung database they all use and that as such they can't generate the unlock code.

I had read somewhere that if I can downgrade my modem version using ODIN I might be able to unlock the device that way, but just reading through this thread it now seems like that isn't possible either with my current firmware. Am I totally screwed? :(

Is it possible that it's region-locked? If so, try this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2470551

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ydoubleun

Sep 10, 2007
after i flashed mdm.bin by uncheck Auto-restart then tried to reboot into recovery. i get this error
*Firmware upgrade uncountered an issued, please select recovery mode in Kies & try again*
how to safely reboot into download mode after u turn if off manually.
i m having Baseband unknown, imei unknown tried several methods, flashed ROMS & stock firmwares.
None of them did the trick.. :(

Please help!!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
after i flashed mdm.bin by uncheck Auto-restart then tried to reboot into recovery. i get this error
*Firmware upgrade uncountered an issued, please select recovery mode in Kies & try again*
how to safely reboot into download mode after u turn if off manually.
i m having Baseband unknown, imei unknown tried several methods, flashed ROMS & stock firmwares.
None of them did the trick.. :(

Please help!!
First thing that I'd do - Restore a Nandroid to get your Baseband IMEI back - Are you sure that you are flashing the correct modem.bin for your device - Only time that I've heard of this error message - is when someone tried to flash an incompatible file for their device

Sent From my SM-N910W8 Running SlimLP 5.1.1 RRO Layers

Titanium11

Nov 15, 2010
Greetings. I was having trouble flashing the latest BOD1 modem to my N9005. I made around 10 attempts, then I stumbled upon the following instructions by @4aces here . Following these instructions got me to flash the updated modem on the first try. Thought I'd post this here in case someone else is facing the same problem I was.

Reactions: 4aces

Murshad007

Apr 30, 2012
Lahore
So 1st I have to flash firmware by selecting AP/PDA only and unchecking Auto Reboot.

After flash successfully.
I have to Manually turn off my phone and reboot to download mode again.
This time selecting CP/Modem and BL/Bootloader with full firmware file..

Is that correct?

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly
It took a bit to me, but worked with second method...
phone has to be completely off (do not reboot in download mode from OS)

Remember, do not use triangle away on custom roms... I got a warning when I tried, that probably avoid me a brick

Sep 17, 2017
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
i did all as you mentioned bro. after that how should i install darklord n5?

THIS IS A COMPLETE NOOB FRIENDLY GUIDE FOR FLASHING BOOTLOADERS,MODEMS/BASEBAND.

Requirements :
  1. A PC
  2. USB 3.0 DATA CABLE (2.0 SHOULD WORK TOO)
  3. ODIN 3.07 0R 3.09
  4. NOTE3 :D
  5. ALSO PATIENCE

INSTRUCTIONS

NORMAL METHOD

Always make sure KIES is disabled ... sometimes it has been known that KIES interferes with ODIN.

KHIZAR'S METHOD :D

If the above procedure does not work for you try this method .

TRIANGLEAWAY METHOD

If the above solutions still did not work for you ...

NOTE : For Flashing Modems you can use CP/PHONE in odin too.

For users who do not know how to flash stock please follow this great and easy guide :)
LINK

Should I flash twrp or using the default recovery? Already I tried to flash using twrp 2.8.7.0. It installs successfully. But after bootup it stays at the galaxy screen and keeps on restarting. I rooted and tried. Then unrooted the device and also tried. But facing the same issue. Please tell me the entire process (bigining to end) to install darklord n5. Please please please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS A COMPLETE NOOB FRIENDLY GUIDE FOR FLASHING BOOTLOADERS,MODEMS/BASEBAND.

Requirements :
    1. A PC
    2. USB 3.0 DATA CABLE (2.0 SHOULD WORK TOO)
    3. ODIN 3.07 0R 3.09
    4. NOTE3 :D
    5. ALSO PATIENCE

INSTRUCTIONS

NORMAL METHOD

1.Power off your phone ( Don't Restart)
    2.Press Power + Volume Down + Home buttons until you see download mode .
    3. Attach it your PC and open ODIN 3.07 OR 3.09
    4. Select AP/PDA and ADD your .tar file or .bin file
    5. START
    6.It will restart itself .
    Go to Settings>> About Device >> and Check Your baseband/bootloader has changed or not.
    If not start the procedure again . I did it twice to make it work.

Always make sure KIES is disabled ... sometimes it has been known that KIES interferes with ODIN.

KHIZAR'S METHOD :D

If the above procedure does not work for you try this method .

1.Go to download mode from your OS restart menu,
    2.Attach your phone to your PC.Let it detect your phone in download mode first.
    3.Open ODIN 3.07 OR 3.09
    4.SELECT AP/PDA and ADD your .tar file or .bin file.
    5.Untick AutoReboot and Start
    6.Then reboot manually into download mode without booting into the rom.
    7.Then flash the modem/bootloader again.
    8.Now power off the phone and then manually boot into your OS.
    9.Check in About if baseband/bootloader has changed.

TRIANGLEAWAY METHOD

If the above solutions still did not work for you ...

1.If your phone is rooted , Use Triangleaway to reset your binary counter and make it fully stock.
    2.Flash stock firmware using ODIN 3.07/3.09
    3.Check to see if your baseband/bootloader has changed :)
    Link to Triangleaway Below
    LINK

NOTE : For Flashing Modems you can use CP/PHONE in odin too.

For users who do not know how to flash stock please follow this great and easy guide :)
    LINK
    Nice. Let's hope this does help users like we thought it would..

Edit- My method isn't right. You flash the first time and then manually reboot into download mode then flash the second time.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!
    do we have to be rooted to flash modem from odin? does it trip knox?
    thanks

You don't need to be rooted. And I don't think knox will be tripped since you aren't flashing anything that's been modified, only flashing unsigned/modified images via Odin trips knox. But since you are flazing a signed modem you should be fine.

Hi,

Thanks for the guide. Very helpfull. I have a few Noob questions...

1. Do I have to do a full wipe/ cleam install after updating modem, or will the OS remain intact?
    2. Where can I find the latest modem for N9005?
    3. Is the latest modem always the best, or should I only update if I'm currently experiencing problems with the 'old' modem

Thanks...

1. No need. Just follow the guide, nothing more..

2. Check the modem thread that's in the general section, if you can't find it there then you may have to pull it from the stock FW. Also some roms devs have the modem in their OTA/OP so may wanna check there as well.

3. New isn't always better. Update if you have issues, if something isn't broken then there is no need to fix it.

Is there any method to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 bootloader on N9005?:confused:

Like it's been mentioned everywhere it's NOT possible to downgrade from KK BL to JB BL on the N9005...