• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE]For Flashing Baseband/Modem/Bootloader N9005

Search This thread

rex_zate

Jul 23, 2017
Help me! erased modem

I've accidentally earase modem, and now, no sim detected, wifi does'nt function anymore. please tell me how to get back modem
from lenovo k6 power.
used code to removed modem
fastboot erase modem

trying to erase modemst1 due to selected USA radio band.
help me please:rolleyes:

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
I'm involved in development for the Galaxy J3 Emerge SM-J327P and I was curious if flashing the modem and apnlos files from the apl1 firmware on q12 builds would work? It seems people keep breaking wifi or data or both if folks are using apl1 and then try to flash my q12 builds or vice versa. Thank you for this guide and any guidance you can provide. If it is indeed possible could we flash the raw images in twrp or is odin a prerequisite?

Sent from my Samsung SM-J327P using XDA Labs

crireal

Dec 8, 2016
I've rooted my sm n9005 with CF-Auto root with knox 0x1. I necessarly need to erase counter to flash a different bootloader and modem?
Can't I return to original status by flashing directly a stock updated rom? I've BOK6 built and BOJ1 modem

EDIT: I've also installed Twrp 2.8.7.0 recovery

Last edited:

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
As I was replying to the posters question your answer may confuse him.

Be good to know where these stock rom zips are or even a how to. I am sure it would help many.

Reactions: Sands207

Sands207

Oct 13, 2014
Portland,Maine
As I was replying to the posters question your answer may confuse him.

Be good to know where these stock rom zips are or even a how to. I am sure it would help many.
All i need is odin firmware to help you build one, i could also make a how to as well if you wanted ? Just link me to your firmware and ill make a build if you want.

Sent from my j3popltespr using XDA Labs

Last edited:

crireal

Dec 8, 2016
I don't matter of knox or any other counter status if its not necessary. I would to update my phone to latest firmware bootloader and modem. I need the same to reset counter with trisngle away or can I flash last firmware without using it?

DjXander

Oct 17, 2014
Satu Mare
I flashed Nordic baseband and bootloader tomy note3 N9005 device, via Odin, flashed via Philzz recovery RR N 5.8.5 with Xenial kernel superuser 2.8.2 reboot and no sim... and on baseband version i have unknown version on settings. What can i do to flash the baseband and bootloader to work ?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I flashed Nordic baseband and bootloader tomy note3 N9005 device, via Odin, flashed via Philzz recovery RR N 5.8.5 with Xenial kernel superuser 2.8.2 reboot and no sim... and on baseband version i have unknown version on settings. What can i do to flash the baseband and bootloader to work ?
First thing to do is Ditch Philz Recovery (it was fine way back when) and Use the latest version of TWRP!
?

Sent from my SM-G955W ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS A COMPLETE NOOB FRIENDLY GUIDE FOR FLASHING BOOTLOADERS,MODEMS/BASEBAND.

Requirements :
    1. A PC
    2. USB 3.0 DATA CABLE (2.0 SHOULD WORK TOO)
    3. ODIN 3.07 0R 3.09
    4. NOTE3 :D
    5. ALSO PATIENCE

INSTRUCTIONS

NORMAL METHOD

1.Power off your phone ( Don't Restart)
    2.Press Power + Volume Down + Home buttons until you see download mode .
    3. Attach it your PC and open ODIN 3.07 OR 3.09
    4. Select AP/PDA and ADD your .tar file or .bin file
    5. START
    6.It will restart itself .
    Go to Settings>> About Device >> and Check Your baseband/bootloader has changed or not.
    If not start the procedure again . I did it twice to make it work.

Always make sure KIES is disabled ... sometimes it has been known that KIES interferes with ODIN.

KHIZAR'S METHOD :D

If the above procedure does not work for you try this method .

1.Go to download mode from your OS restart menu,
    2.Attach your phone to your PC.Let it detect your phone in download mode first.
    3.Open ODIN 3.07 OR 3.09
    4.SELECT AP/PDA and ADD your .tar file or .bin file.
    5.Untick AutoReboot and Start
    6.Then reboot manually into download mode without booting into the rom.
    7.Then flash the modem/bootloader again.
    8.Now power off the phone and then manually boot into your OS.
    9.Check in About if baseband/bootloader has changed.

TRIANGLEAWAY METHOD

If the above solutions still did not work for you ...

1.If your phone is rooted , Use Triangleaway to reset your binary counter and make it fully stock.
    2.Flash stock firmware using ODIN 3.07/3.09
    3.Check to see if your baseband/bootloader has changed :)
    Link to Triangleaway Below
    LINK

NOTE : For Flashing Modems you can use CP/PHONE in odin too.

For users who do not know how to flash stock please follow this great and easy guide :)
    LINK
    Nice. Let's hope this does help users like we thought it would..

Edit- My method isn't right. You flash the first time and then manually reboot into download mode then flash the second time.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!
    do we have to be rooted to flash modem from odin? does it trip knox?
    thanks

You don't need to be rooted. And I don't think knox will be tripped since you aren't flashing anything that's been modified, only flashing unsigned/modified images via Odin trips knox. But since you are flazing a signed modem you should be fine.

Hi,

Thanks for the guide. Very helpfull. I have a few Noob questions...

1. Do I have to do a full wipe/ cleam install after updating modem, or will the OS remain intact?
    2. Where can I find the latest modem for N9005?
    3. Is the latest modem always the best, or should I only update if I'm currently experiencing problems with the 'old' modem

Thanks...

1. No need. Just follow the guide, nothing more..

2. Check the modem thread that's in the general section, if you can't find it there then you may have to pull it from the stock FW. Also some roms devs have the modem in their OTA/OP so may wanna check there as well.

3. New isn't always better. Update if you have issues, if something isn't broken then there is no need to fix it.

Is there any method to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 bootloader on N9005?:confused:

Like it's been mentioned everywhere it's NOT possible to downgrade from KK BL to JB BL on the N9005...