• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Guide for receiving 25$ credit from non US countries

Search This thread

freesoul27

Jan 27, 2010
Ashdod
If you bought Nexus 7 and didn't get 25$ credit (and missing Google Books, Google Magazines, Google Movies) this method may work for you.

1.Make factory reset.
2.When you get to the screen to enter Google account skip it.
3.Uncheck all the check-boxes in next screens.
4.Now when you got to the home screen, go to settings.Under Wireless and Networks click more.
5.Click on VPN, Add VPN. Now the Nexus 7 will ask you to define security (Pattern,Password,PIN), Define whatever you want.
6.Click again Add VPN, and enter this definitions:
Name: SuperFreeVPN
Server address: superfreevpn.com
and click save.
7.Now click on SuperFreeVPN,for username enter:free, and for password go to website superfreevpn.com and look for VPN Password.
8.Click Connect. If connected successfully you will see key icon in notifications.
9.Go to Settings, under Accounts click Add Account and choose Google. Enter your username and password, if everything is OK you will get to screen that will ask you to enter credit card to Google wallet to receive 25$ credit.
10.While you using VPN you can download Google Books, Google Magazines, Google Movies.

freesoul27

Jan 27, 2010
Ashdod
If you select that the card is from United States it is asking you only for name, zip code and telephone number.
I entered my real card number, my real name, US zip code and US telephone.

Reactions: puncha1580

emptybee

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Excuse my naivety but isn't there a potential risk to your card details if entering them and sending payment details through VPN? If not from external parties at least from the unknown employees of Superfreevpn? Thanks for the advice (and I am sure it works great and is secure) but I'll wait for it (wallet) to be released officially as if money did go missing I can't see Google jumping up to help replace given that a workaround has been instigated to get $25 dollars off them!

nckturtle

Dec 25, 2010
after i get the $25 credit, can I change back the credit card information and stop the vpn?
or do this after i use all the credit?

Last edited:

wmoore

Oct 2, 2011
Brisbane
I just got my Nexus today (in Australia) and wanted to subscribe to Wired! magazine, as I have been a reader of this on the iPad since it came out.

I didn't fully use the procedure in the OP but I did add my Aussie credit card with a random US address in order to purchase the subscription (I use Tor to connect to US sites). Then I used Titanium to 'defrost' Google Play Magazines on the device and I have my subscription :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you bought Nexus 7 and didn't get 25$ credit (and missing Google Books, Google Magazines, Google Movies) this method may work for you.

1.Make factory reset.
    2.When you get to the screen to enter Google account skip it.
    3.Uncheck all the check-boxes in next screens.
    4.Now when you got to the home screen, go to settings.Under Wireless and Networks click more.
    5.Click on VPN, Add VPN. Now the Nexus 7 will ask you to define security (Pattern,Password,PIN), Define whatever you want.
    6.Click again Add VPN, and enter this definitions:
    Name: SuperFreeVPN
    Server address: superfreevpn.com
    and click save.
    7.Now click on SuperFreeVPN,for username enter:free, and for password go to website superfreevpn.com and look for VPN Password.
    8.Click Connect. If connected successfully you will see key icon in notifications.
    9.Go to Settings, under Accounts click Add Account and choose Google. Enter your username and password, if everything is OK you will get to screen that will ask you to enter credit card to Google wallet to receive 25$ credit.
    10.While you using VPN you can download Google Books, Google Magazines, Google Movies.
    Excuse my naivety but isn't there a potential risk to your card details if entering them and sending payment details through VPN? If not from external parties at least from the unknown employees of Superfreevpn? Thanks for the advice (and I am sure it works great and is secure) but I'll wait for it (wallet) to be released officially as if money did go missing I can't see Google jumping up to help replace given that a workaround has been instigated to get $25 dollars off them!
    after i get the $25 credit, can I change back the credit card information and stop the vpn?
    or do this after i use all the credit?

You can stop the vpn and change back credit information.
    It worked for me right now with a non-us card. Give it a try.

This solution cannot work anymore with non-US credit card :(
    If you select that the card is from United States it is asking you only for name, zip code and telephone number.
    I entered my real card number, my real name, US zip code and US telephone.