[GUIDE] Full Root For Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro SM-J530F

Search This thread

Abdullah_a86

Jan 21, 2016
Hello All ..

Today I show You How you can Full Root For Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro SM-J530F

Note

1. Ensure that your Device atleast 50% charge During Flashing Process,to Stop the Accidentally Switch off.
2.Follow all steps correctly otherwise it cause bootloop.
3. Must backup NVRAM using this Guide before Doing anything.​
-----
Require tools and Files-
odin Download
SuperSu Download
twrp Download
Patched boot.img Download
-----
Part -1) Install twrp Recovery :

Step-1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>.
To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.

Step-2) Now download the Latest TWRP Recovery for your device.

Step-3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.

Step-4) Run the Odin.exe file on your PC.

Step-5) Connect your Galaxy Device to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.

Step-6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.

Step-7) Once you enter into Download mode, you see anID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.

Step-8) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.

Step-9) Now locate and add the twrp–xxx.img.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.

Step-10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“

Step-11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen.
This step will Install TWRP Recovery On Your Samsung Device

12) Now Your device will automatically reboot. That’s it. You Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Device successfully.
----------
Part -2) Root :
Step 1. Download Supersu From above and Save it to Device Storage. [internal or external].

Step 2. Switch off Your Phone and Press Power and volume button to boot Your Device into twrp.

Step 3. On twrp Recovery Go to backup tab and create a nandroid backup, Must Select all partition’s including ESF.

Step 4. Go to wipe tab and Do a factory Reset. Don’t Select any System partition. otherwise it will erase it.

Step 5. Go to install tab, Locate Downloaded SuperSu.zip and Confirm Install, wait for Success Done.

Step 6. flash Patched boot.img if Present. ( in twrp )

Step 7 .Reboot System Now.
---------------------------------

So This is a Complete Guide to to Install twrp Recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro 2017 :good::fingers-crossed::laugh:​

karcas

Nov 17, 2010
Hi!
Does this work with the dual sim version? (j530F/DS)

This low space available s**t is driving me mad, need to rooooooot!

Please confirm it works :)

Thank you!

ksa616

Jan 8, 2018
Reactions: karcas

karcas

Nov 17, 2010
It works.. did it last day. ****ed up my camera and sounds nothing else

You mean rooting broke your camera and speaker? Can you be more specific?

Thanx

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

It works.. did it last day. ****ed up my camera and sounds nothing else

Thank you very much. I'd love to try that i'm afraid to mess up.... phone is not mine but my company's....

@Nekrofiili said rooting broke his camera and speaker, do you think it's because of wrong kernel?

gerald_rotich

Mar 19, 2014
Nairobi
Confirmed working on j530f/DS (dual sim)

Thank you!

Which method did you use? The process from the main post or the one posted by @ksa616 on flashing the kernel?

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Confirmed working on j530f/DS (dual sim)

Thank you!

Which method did you use? The process from the main post or the one posted by @ksa616 on flashing the kernel?

berkantipek

Dec 24, 2017
What version of stock ROM should already be installed for this Rooting instructions to work? I am currently using PDA J530FXWU2AQL4 and CSC J530FOJV2AQL1. Will this work?

usolidd

Mar 29, 2011
Stuck in TWRP 3.2.1-0

Hello All

I followed this thread to root my J5PRO. But when I reboot the system, I get back to the TWRP project screen again and again.

What can I do to get my phone back to use? Could you assist ?

Many thanks

gerald_rotich

Mar 19, 2014
Nairobi
Hello All

I followed this thread to root my J5PRO. But when I reboot the system, I get back to the TWRP project screen again and again.

What can I do to get my phone back to use? Could you assist ?

Many thanks

I experienced the same problem, so I had to re-install the stock firmware via Odin. Just look for the stock firmware on the internet (for your phone- mine is J530F), then download Odin and flash it. The process is straightforward and available on the internet, especially YouTube.

Good luck.

s_forum

Jun 21, 2018
Problem with recovery, now Boot-loop

Followed the instructions
When I tried to backup the phone, the storage spaces were all 0MB.
Then obtained error:
' Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer'

Now phone is stuck on bootloop.

emtepe35

Oct 4, 2016
Krakow
Followed the instructions
When I tried to backup the phone, the storage spaces were all 0MB.
Then obtained error:
' Could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer'

Now phone is stuck on bootloop.

On j530F sometimes it has mount so you have to reboot recovery after some actions. At least for me

BewareBoogeyMan

Apr 4, 2016
tutorial video :more zips added with Teamwinrecovery

Hello there

can make pls tutorial video how to make add more zips because this method very important and i dont want make bricks my phone

Reactions: Hurtualot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All ..

Today I show You How you can Full Root For Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro SM-J530F

Note

1. Ensure that your Device atleast 50% charge During Flashing Process,to Stop the Accidentally Switch off.
    2.Follow all steps correctly otherwise it cause bootloop.
    3. Must backup NVRAM using this Guide before Doing anything.​
    -----
    Require tools and Files-
    odin Download
    SuperSu Download
    twrp Download
    Patched boot.img Download
    -----
    Part -1) Install twrp Recovery :

Step-1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>.
    To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.

Step-2) Now download the Latest TWRP Recovery for your device.

Step-3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.

Step-4) Run the Odin.exe file on your PC.

Step-5) Connect your Galaxy Device to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.

Step-6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.

Step-7) Once you enter into Download mode, you see anID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.

Step-8) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.

Step-9) Now locate and add the twrp–xxx.img.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.

Step-10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“

Step-11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen.
    This step will Install TWRP Recovery On Your Samsung Device

12) Now Your device will automatically reboot. That’s it. You Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Device successfully.
    ----------
    Part -2) Root :
    Step 1. Download Supersu From above and Save it to Device Storage. [internal or external].

Step 2. Switch off Your Phone and Press Power and volume button to boot Your Device into twrp.

Step 3. On twrp Recovery Go to backup tab and create a nandroid backup, Must Select all partition’s including ESF.

Step 4. Go to wipe tab and Do a factory Reset. Don’t Select any System partition. otherwise it will erase it.

Step 5. Go to install tab, Locate Downloaded SuperSu.zip and Confirm Install, wait for Success Done.

Step 6. flash Patched boot.img if Present. ( in twrp )

Step 7 .Reboot System Now.
    ---------------------------------

So This is a Complete Guide to to Install twrp Recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro 2017 :good::fingers-crossed::laugh:​
    Can phone with network lock be rooted ?
    Yes

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using XDA Labs
    Hi!
    Does this work with the dual sim version? (j530F/DS)

This low space available s**t is driving me mad, need to rooooooot!

Please confirm it works :)

Thank you!
    use this Recovery : https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...twrp-samsung-j5-pro-twrp-3-1-10-v2-0-t3728233

then this Kernel : https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...velopment/kernel-refined-kernel-v1-0-t3675500

and you should get Root ;)
    I just followed the instruction in the main post and no issue, no need to flash a different kernel ;)
    tutorial video :more zips added with Teamwinrecovery

Hello there

can make pls tutorial video how to make add more zips because this method very important and i dont want make bricks my phone
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone