[Guide] Full Screen Gesture Navigation / Hide Navbar

Search This thread

virajmalia

Nov 24, 2012
Mumbai
Hello peeps,

I found a way to hide the navigation bar on OnePlus 8T. In theory it should work for other devices too.

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Root using Magisk
3. Install Riru-LSposed
4. Follow steps to activate LSposed.
5. From LSposed Manager, go to repository and download Gravity Box for Android R. Reboot.
6. Setup gesture navigation through custom app like FNG.
6. Open Gravity Box app and in navigation settings enable master switch and uncheck enable navigation bar option.
7. Reboot and enjoy!

Tested on DotOS and OnePlus 8T KB2005. If others can confirm this method with other roms, I can add a list in this post.

Cheers!

Credits to original authors and developers of above mentions frameworks and apps.

Reactions: darktanget

virajmalia

Nov 24, 2012
Mumbai
Yeah it works thanks.

There are modules available like gvisual and full-screen. Is this different?
GVisual and others provide system gesture navigation in full screen mode (hiding the keyboard bottom bar).

Above method helps you hide 3 button navigation bar and use 3rd party navigation apps like FNG, which do not work on Android 11 by default. I read somewhere on Xda that on oneplus 8t it was not possible to do this even after root, so I just wanted to post this and let other people know.

Reactions: darktanget

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello peeps,

I found a way to hide the navigation bar on OnePlus 8T. In theory it should work for other devices too.

1. Unlock bootloader
    2. Root using Magisk
    3. Install Riru-LSposed
    4. Follow steps to activate LSposed.
    5. From LSposed Manager, go to repository and download Gravity Box for Android R. Reboot.
    6. Setup gesture navigation through custom app like FNG.
    6. Open Gravity Box app and in navigation settings enable master switch and uncheck enable navigation bar option.
    7. Reboot and enjoy!

Tested on DotOS and OnePlus 8T KB2005. If others can confirm this method with other roms, I can add a list in this post.

Cheers!

Credits to original authors and developers of above mentions frameworks and apps.
    Yeah it works thanks.

There are modules available like gvisual and full-screen. Is this different?
    GVisual and others provide system gesture navigation in full screen mode (hiding the keyboard bottom bar).

Above method helps you hide 3 button navigation bar and use 3rd party navigation apps like FNG, which do not work on Android 11 by default. I read somewhere on Xda that on oneplus 8t it was not possible to do this even after root, so I just wanted to post this and let other people know.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone