• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[GUIDE] Fully Remote Control Your Amazon FireTV / FireTV Stick (No Root Needed!)

Intenti0n

Nov 24, 2013
So you want to fully remote control your device, You will be able to see the screen of your Amazon device on your computer and you can use your keyboard & Mouse to interact with your device.
I tested this process on the 4K firestick , T95Q Android box and also the Xiaomi Mi Box S.

Steps

1. Download scrcpy from here You can get the 32bit version from here
  2. Ensure you have ADB debugging enabled on your device
  3. Verify what your current IP address is
  4. Extract the contents of the zip to a folder on your C drive (e.g c:\scrcpy)
  5. Open up a command prompt and navigate to c:\scrcpy
  6. issue the command "adb connect x.x.x.x:5555" (where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your device)
  7. On your Amazon device you will get the ADB prompt. Click Accept to authorize the connection
  8. You can now issue the command "scrcpy" This will start the remote session and you will be able to see the screen of your device on your computer

You can see the step by step video instruction here

IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS FROM THE INTERNET - TRY THIS

:)

Last edited:

siijii

Dec 11, 2010
Works with Fire TV Stick 4K

Nice! I have been trying with Airdroid (needs root) and Teamviewer (needs Google services) and now it is that easy! Works perfectly on a new Fire TV Stick 4K :)

Reactions: Intenti0n

igeekyayush

Sep 22, 2012
adb server version (31) doesn't match this client (41); killing...
* daemon started successfully
adb: error: failed to get feature set: no devices/emulators found
ERROR: "adb push" returned with value 1
Press any key to continue...

getting this error

dcol

Nov 12, 2010
Works on 1st gen Fire Cube, but video goes in and out and sort of blurry with 32 bit version. Video is stable with x64 version. Great for making remote setting changes.

I do get the following
adb.exe: error: more than one device/emulator
ERROR: "adb reverse" returned with value 1
WARN: 'adb reverse' failed, fallback to 'adb forward'

Is this normal?

Last edited:

usmanqadeer

Jun 20, 2009
Dear my fire tv stick 4k starts n after fire tv logo it goes to blank screen. At fire tv logo the screen resolution in bottom shows to be at 1920x1080 and after it passes logo it goes to 720x480 with blank screen as i told u earlier. Device is at reset position as last time i did a factory reset. Now i am stucked. Plz help. Model is E9L29Y.
Is there any way i can flash stock image? Or any other solution. IMG_20200417_062958.jpgIMG_20200417_062920.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

brentonv

Aug 7, 2018
Dear my fire tv stick 4k starts n after fire tv logo it goes to blank screen. At fire tv logo the screen resolution in bottom shows to be at 1920x1080 and after it passes logo it goes to 720x480 with blank screen as i told u earlier. Device is at reset position as last time i did a factory reset.
You are in the wrong forum. I would suggest resetting it again using the remote control.

"You can use your Stick’s remote to reset it to factory settings. To reset it, press and hold the right and back buttons of your remote at the same time for at least 10 seconds or more. This will initiate the reset process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process"

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016