• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] g3 hotspot apn edit that works

Search This thread

thznutz87

Feb 21, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
First things first big thanks to @papote777 for finding this
Works on Sprint g3 should work on vzw or att
First get shortcut master (SM)

verizion info
For vs985 users there is only vzwinternet
Vzwinternet pdn apn
I did both of the suggestions and it works one thing for vzw in the sqlite editor there is only tether time not tether entitlement

WHATSAMATTA U ALUMNI
thanks @deathsquad737
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2800117

1)Open SM
tuquze6y.jpg

2)Click search
2uma8y7y.jpg

3)Search apn
4e8u9ypy.jpg

4)Click this one
gypare9u.jpg

5)Click launch
epehevy2.jpg

6)Edit this one
a8aqy3uj.jpg

7)Add ,dun (include the comma)
u7y7e9yh.jpg

8)And save
y7a9ure4.jpg

9) repeat 6-8
bu5y5apy.jpg

There you go guys been tethering for 3 days 10+ reboots sticks like it should

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JeffDC

Oct 21, 2009
Roseburg
Is this the only way to get it working for Vz?

This is a simple way for AT&T:

STEP 1. FIRST, MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE HOTSPOT SETUP IN SETTINGS, THAT WAY IT WILL CREATE THE ENTRY IN THE SYSTEM FILE WE'LL NEED TO EDIT.
STEP 2. In your SQLite Editor, click on the FILES tab and look for the path: /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/SETTINGS.DB/SYSTEM

DO SEARCH OF SYSTEM FOR THE WORD ‘TETHER’

I HAVE ‘TETHERING TIME 600000, CHANGE TO 0
I HAVE TETHER ENTITLEMENT 5, CHANGE TO 0

mrush

Oct 19, 2011
Works great on Sprint btw. Been running it all day and using TeamSpeak and playing multi-player games while tethering from 3G... Not bad.

thznutz87

Feb 21, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T

STEP 1. FIRST, MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE HOTSPOT SETUP IN SETTINGS, THAT WAY IT WILL CREATE THE ENTRY IN THE SYSTEM FILE WE'LL NEED TO EDIT.
STEP 2. In your SQLite Editor, click on the FILES tab and look for the path: /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/SETTINGS.DB/SYSTEM

How is that easier?

unclejoshc

Aug 31, 2012
This didn't work for me at all. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have added the ,dun and I still do not have the wifi tether settings. I am rooted and I have tried it several times rebooting each time.

unclejoshc

Aug 31, 2012
Make sure you do both apn's not just the top one

I did both the internet and the cinet.spcs ones. They both have the default,mms,dun under APN type but I do not have the hotspot options in settings at all. I followed the directions exactly and did step by step following the video on YouTube pausing after each entry to make sure I did it correctly and still nothing.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Are you saying that the hotspot option is not showing up for you to toggle on?

That is exactly what is happening.

thznutz87

Feb 21, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
I did both the internet and the cinet.spcs ones. They both have the default,mms,dun under APN type but I do not have the hotspot options in settings at all. I followed the directions exactly and did step by step following the video on YouTube pausing after each entry to make sure I did it correctly and still nothing.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

That is exactly what is happening.

Try making a hotspot widget and getting to it from there

thznutz87

Feb 21, 2011
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8T
Anyway to do that without connecting to a PC?
Just download one through browser
Ok, the shortcut takes me to the settings tap to then press the 'on' button. Better than sifting through the settings menu from the start.

Is there a way to have that widget button actually toggle the mobile hotspot on and off, and change the icon look depending if the hotspot is on or off?

Thank you.
Not that I know of. You could try a hotspot widget from the play store

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things first big thanks to @papote777 for finding this
    Works on Sprint g3 should work on vzw or att
    First get shortcut master (SM)

verizion info
    For vs985 users there is only vzwinternet
    Vzwinternet pdn apn
    I did both of the suggestions and it works one thing for vzw in the sqlite editor there is only tether time not tether entitlement

WHATSAMATTA U ALUMNI
    thanks @deathsquad737
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2800117

1)Open SM
    tuquze6y.jpg

2)Click search
    2uma8y7y.jpg

3)Search apn
    4e8u9ypy.jpg

4)Click this one
    gypare9u.jpg

5)Click launch
    epehevy2.jpg

6)Edit this one
    a8aqy3uj.jpg

7)Add ,dun (include the comma)
    u7y7e9yh.jpg

8)And save
    y7a9ure4.jpg

9) repeat 6-8
    bu5y5apy.jpg

There you go guys been tethering for 3 days 10+ reboots sticks like it should

Has anyone tried this on Sprint? Someone posted this link in a sprint forum saying it worked but just wanted to be sure.
    Can run from terminal,

Code:
    su
    am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu/com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.iot.IotHiddenMenuMain

This will pop-up Sprint's menu

or to access the same menu as op use
    Code:
    su
    am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.lge.hiddenmenu/com.lge.hiddenmenu.vzw_only.ApnSettings
    I did the edit just as said in the OP, I can change the hotspot settings and all...but when I actually connect it to a device my internet connection keeps dropping off over and over again. Just wondering if this happens with anybody else? Its not REALLY a big deal with me though because I use Wifi Tether Router app v5.9 and it works flawlessly. I have a Sprint LS990 version by the way. From what I've read in the thread they somehow monitor when you use 3rd party apps to tether, but I hardly tether much anyway so Im not really worried (under 1gb a month).

But anyway, just to recap this method "worked", but my connection always drops once I connect a device, just wondering if anybody knows why and/or has a solution for this.