[GUIDE] Game Save Data Backup ressource

Search This thread

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
Seems like noone compiled a guide to manually backup game save.
------------------------------------
Altough apps are coming:
Game On Backup and share 60 game saves
GameSaver Backup 3 games
AngryBirdsBackup Backup 3 angry birds in the cloud
SaveShare - game save sync Amazing easy backup trough personnal DropBox on multiple personnal devices
Abduction 2 : {Root}data/data/au.com.phil.abduction2/databases/abduction2 + abduction2-journal
Angry birds : {Root}data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/highscores.lua and /settings.lua (must be RW without Execute right)
Angry Birds Seasons : {Root}data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/highscores.lua and /settings.lua
Zeptolab Cut The Rope (All) : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Cut the Rope/ctr.zsf (internal support! )
Zeptolab Cut The Rope Experiments (All) : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Cut the Rope/ctre.zsf (internal support! )
Zeptolab Cut The Rope Time Travel (All) : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Cut the Rope - Time Travel/ctr-timetravel.zsf (internal support! )
Dead Space : {Root}data/data/com.eamobile.deadspace/files/var/ (full directory)
Drag racing : {Root}data/data/com.creativemobile.DragRacing/files/ save152.dat and save15.dat, and not just save.dat
Modern Combat 3 : Fallen Nation (Market) : sdcard/Android/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM3HM/files/SaveGame.bin and CheckPoint.bin
Modern Combat 3 : Fallen Nation (Samsung SG3) : sdcard/Android/data/com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftM3SS/files/SaveGame.bin and CheckPoint.bin
Plants vs zombis (Amazon) : {Root}data/data/com.popcap.pvz/files/userdata/ (full directory can include multiple players)
Plants vs zombis (Market) : sdcard/data/com.popcap.pvz_row/files/userdata/ (full directory can include multiple players)
Zeptolab Pudding Monsters : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Pudding Monsters/pm.zsf (internal support! )
Where's my perry : {Root}data/data/com.disney.WMP/files/data/perry.db
Where's my water : {Root}data/data/com.disney.WMW/files/data/water.db
World of Goo : {Root}data/data/com.twodboy.worldofgoofull/files/pers2.dat
Android system include now a Settings / Privacy / Backup + Auto restore that can save in cloud for compatible apps (I suspect Cut the rope to work), check both options

Dead Space Private savefile

Last edited:

motomeup

Feb 20, 2009
I've been looking for a thread like this for days. This is the only way to backup games if the phone isn't rooted. Is it possible to actually list every file instead of just saying the entire directory? Or are there too many files. Because to copy the file without root, you must know the exact file name.

Here's the ones I've gotten so far
Tested
Abduction 2
/data/data/au.com.phil.abduction2/databases/abduction2
/data/data/au.com.phil.abduction2/databases/abduction2-journal

Angry Birds Seasons
/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/highscores.lua
/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/settings.lua

World of Goo Demo
/data/data/com.twodboy.worldofgoodemo/files/pers2.dat

World of Goo Full
/data/data/com.twodboy.worldofgoofull/files/pers2.dat

Not Tested
Abduction
/data/data/au.com.phil.abduction/databases/data

Clouds & Sheep
/data/data/com.hg.cloudsandsheepfree/files/pasture0.save

Destinia
/data/data/game.destiniaeng/files/msave.dat
/data/data/game.destiniaeng/files/save1.dat

Drag Racing
/data/data/com.creativemobile.DragRacing/save.dat

Link It Pro
/data/data/com.boolbalabs.linkit.pro/shared_prefs/LinkItTag.xml

Sentinel
/data/data/com.Origin8.Sentinel3/app.OEAppSaveData/0_PERSISTENT_DATA.dat
/data/data/com.Origin8.Sentinel3/app.OEAppSaveData/0_PERSISTENT_DATA_CS.dat

Slice It
/data/data/com.com2us.sliceit/game_info.dat
/data/data/com.com2us.sliceit/game_info_2.dat
/data/data/com.com2us.sliceit/game_info_3.dat

Requests
I've been trying to track these down all over the place, but it's really hard without a rooted phone. If someone could take a look, I would be very grateful.
Free Games
Cartoon Wars: Gunner
HeavenHell
BIA2 Free+ HD

Paid Games
9mmHD
Asphalt 6*
Backstab HD*
Block Breaker 3
Captain America: Sentinal of Liberty
GT Racing*
Jenga
Let's Golf 3*
Modern Combat 3*
Modern Combat 2
N.O.V.A. 2 HD
Tintin HD
Uno

* = I found some files on the SD card, so maybe that's it. But I would still appreciate if someone checked /data/data files for me

Another app that deserves recognition for this stuff is SaveShare.

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
Finally updated this guide with your infos + the where's my water/perry serie heavily tested by me
Strangeley i can't find where are MC3 files ??? but that excellent saveshare tool can backup it

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
do you know where the save file is located for mass effect infiltrator?

Not exactly, i know for sure it's somewhere near the dead space one, because you can backup it with Titanium. Based of this knowledge and dates on my phone i would say :

data/data/com.ea.games.meinfiltrator_row/files/var/settings.db

thfreedumb

Aug 27, 2012
Not exactly, i know for sure it's somewhere near the dead space one, because you can backup it with Titanium. Based of this knowledge and dates on my phone i would say :

data/data/com.ea.games.meinfiltrator_row/files/var/settings.db

In order to do it I would need to root my phone and the tablet I would like the game to transfer to? Or can I do it without root? I tried to find that director but there is nothing under the 'files' folder on my phone. except for something called game skeleton.

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
Finally updated with MC3 infos, but that do not work between samsung version and market version ...

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
Added guide for Pudding Monsters, this excellent free game got a direct internal backup support via sdcard !

olivespin

Sep 5, 2011
I dont have Root and am on ICS.
Soon getting official JB and most apps mentioned dont work on JB.

Now i just want to Save one game: Asphalt 7.

Can you guys help me how can i do the same ? Maybe manually copying from save location somewhere on my phone... ?

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
I dont have Root and am on ICS.
Soon getting official JB and most apps mentioned dont work on JB.
Now i just want to Save one game: Asphalt 7.
Can you guys help me how can i do the same ? Maybe manually copying from save location somewhere on my phone... ?

What ??? JB is a minor update and ALL these games are (of course) working on it.
Asphalt 7 require root. But why would you backup manually when the game can backup itself on a facebook account or a gameloft account ?

olivespin

Sep 5, 2011
What ??? JB is a minor update and ALL these games are (of course) working on it.
Asphalt 7 require root. But why would you backup manually when the game can backup itself on a facebook account or a gameloft account ?

Well i have created gameloft account and its showing trophies that i have unlocked in the game...
Now, is the game automatically saved on gameloft servers OR i have to upload save OR do some procedure ? -- How to confirm

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
Well i have created gameloft account and its showing trophies that i have unlocked in the game...
Now, is the game automatically saved on gameloft servers OR i have to upload save OR do some procedure ? -- How to confirm

I know it works, i did it myself on my tab, process can be tricky, but i was abble to check on both device on the same time, i can't even remember what account i used as i tried both accounts to be sure

finito02

May 8, 2011
Hi to everyone. I have a suspect. Maybe, for both the "cut the rope" games, there's a new simple way to backup the save data game. Just like "pudding monsters", there's two files located in
sdcard/ZeptoLab/Cut the Rope
Maybe we could simply copy and restore them ;) .
If someone try, it could be a great news for game lover like us :D

Victory!!! I've just tried between my paid version of "Cut The Rope" and a free versione of the game. It perfectly works. Simply, before copying the file to the new device, clear data of "Cut The Rope". When you start the game, it will ask you if you want to restore the game save data :D

Last edited:
Reactions: nevzat74

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
Hi to everyone. I have a suspect. Maybe, for both the "cut the rope" games, there's a new simple way to backup the save data game. Just like "pudding monsters", there's two files located in

Victory!!! I've just tried between my paid version of "Cut The Rope" and a free versione of the game. It perfectly works. Simply, before copying the file to the new device, clear data of "Cut The Rope". When you start the game, it will ask you if you want to restore the game save data :D

Yeah I knew that, and i fogot to add it, strangely, only CutTheRope2 isn't doing it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems like noone compiled a guide to manually backup game save.
    Altough apps are coming:
    Game On Backup and share 60 game saves
    GameSaver Backup 3 games
    AngryBirdsBackup Backup 3 angry birds in the cloud
    SaveShare - game save sync Amazing easy backup trough personnal DropBox on multiple personnal devices
    Abduction 2 : {Root}data/data/au.com.phil.abduction2/databases/abduction2 + abduction2-journal
    Angry birds : {Root}data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files/highscores.lua and /settings.lua (must be RW without Execute right)
    Angry Birds Seasons : {Root}data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/highscores.lua and /settings.lua
    Zeptolab Cut The Rope (All) : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Cut the Rope/ctr.zsf (internal support! )
    Zeptolab Cut The Rope Experiments (All) : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Cut the Rope/ctre.zsf (internal support! )
    Zeptolab Cut The Rope Time Travel (All) : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Cut the Rope - Time Travel/ctr-timetravel.zsf (internal support! )
    Dead Space : {Root}data/data/com.eamobile.deadspace/files/var/ (full directory)
    Drag racing : {Root}data/data/com.creativemobile.DragRacing/files/ save152.dat and save15.dat, and not just save.dat
    Modern Combat 3 : Fallen Nation (Market) : sdcard/Android/data/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM3HM/files/SaveGame.bin and CheckPoint.bin
    Modern Combat 3 : Fallen Nation (Samsung SG3) : sdcard/Android/data/com.gameloft.android.GAND.GloftM3SS/files/SaveGame.bin and CheckPoint.bin
    Plants vs zombis (Amazon) : {Root}data/data/com.popcap.pvz/files/userdata/ (full directory can include multiple players)
    Plants vs zombis (Market) : sdcard/data/com.popcap.pvz_row/files/userdata/ (full directory can include multiple players)
    Zeptolab Pudding Monsters : sdcard/ZeptoLab/Pudding Monsters/pm.zsf (internal support! )
    Where's my perry : {Root}data/data/com.disney.WMP/files/data/perry.db
    Where's my water : {Root}data/data/com.disney.WMW/files/data/water.db
    World of Goo : {Root}data/data/com.twodboy.worldofgoofull/files/pers2.dat
    Android system include now a Settings / Privacy / Backup + Auto restore that can save in cloud for compatible apps (I suspect Cut the rope to work), check both options

Dead Space Private savefile