[Guide] Gear S3 Frontier (765A) Carrier Unlock

Search This thread

slapshot2286

Dec 15, 2006
Ok, so after a lot of trial and error, I've figured out how to successfully unlock the device. Up front, I have been unsuccessful at getting another carrier to pick up the watch, as they don't really understand eSIM configuration yet...but Verizon is working on it.

The CODE is the same as it was for unlocking the old SGS3.

1. Purchase the watch out of contract from your carrier.

2. For AT&T, follow the normal online unlock procedure. Wait your 48 hours and get the unlock code from the carrier.

3. Go to About Device

4. Scroll to Software Version

5. Tap the screen 5 times, and a keypad will appear

6. Type #7465625*638*#

7. A screen will appear that says "Personalisation. Enter NCK"

8. Enter the unlock code that AT&T gave you. Hit OK.

9. It will begin a blue rotating clockwise circle around the screen. Wait for about a minute until it shows "Notify SUCCESS!!!"

10. Profit!

As I stated I haven't added this to another carrier yet. Verizon is trying, H2O Wireless Indian customer service gave up when I told them I couldn't take the watch apart to access the SIM, and I haven't tried Straight Talk or Cricket yet, but I'll post back when I do.

In the meantime it is worth noting that I was able to add the watch to a separate AT&T prepaid 3GB plan for $43. More expensive than I want right now...but better than not having the 4G! Their customer service will tell you that it doesn't qualify for any prepaid plan, but their prepaid department can create one so don't let them yank you around.

Hope this helps some people! Freedom!

Attachments

• 20170106_081650.jpg
    20170106_081650.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 6,761
  • 20170106_081701.jpg
    20170106_081701.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 6,785
  • 20170106_083655.jpg
    20170106_083655.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 6,760
  • 20170106_083716.jpg
    20170106_083716.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 6,544
  • 20170106_081604.jpg
    20170106_081604.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 6,423
  • 20170106_081549.jpg
    20170106_081549.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 6,250

InfiniteDrag

Oct 11, 2012
Not Settling Anywhere
Man u a real hero. I wish i had this info back when i had the att version. I couldnt figure enough info and returned it. Back then att version was 349 and t mobile was 399. Now the t mobile and att versions are both the same price of 399$.

Sent from J's Droid

slapshot2286

Dec 15, 2006
Man u a real hero. I wish i had this info back when i had the att version. I couldnt figure enough info and returned it. Back then att version was 349 and t mobile was 399. Now the t mobile and att versions are both the same price of 399$.

Sent from J's Droid

Actually AT&T here has it for $349 still. Wish I'd have found it sooner for you!

ful babu

Oct 31, 2006
Does it work for T mobile as well ? the 765T version, I can get to the keypad screen but after entering #7465625*638*# nothing happens.

Also after unlocking how did you added another sim profile ?

Thanks

slapshot2286

Dec 15, 2006
Does it work for T mobile as well ? the 765T version, I can get to the keypad screen but after entering #7465625*638*# nothing happens.

Also after unlocking how did you added another sim profile ?

Thanks

As I stated I have not yet added the phone to a new carrier yet. I also can't vouch for whether or not this will function on a 765T, as I don't have one to test on. I would venture to say if yours doesn't do anything...it probably doesn't work. Though you may be able to enter your unlock code after the second asterisk, followed by another one, then #...that may work but who knows.

Stormglider

Feb 10, 2009
Buenos Aires
Thank you Slpashot2286, just managed to unlock mine.
I'm interested in knowing how you had your watch registered for the prepaid plan?
What steps you took or how it was configured?
Thank you again!

slapshot2286

Dec 15, 2006
Thank you Slpashot2286, just managed to unlock mine.
I'm interested in knowing how you had your watch registered for the prepaid plan?
What steps you took or how it was configured?
Thank you again!

I called ATT and told them I wanted to add a prepaid line. They transferred me to the prepaid section and I picked a plan. The post paid sales people will say there's not compatible plan...But there is. You just have to get transferred over.

Stormglider

Feb 10, 2009
Buenos Aires
Thanks again. I was curious as I live in Argentina and local carriers don't manage (in theory) eSim.
I have been researching and noticed that activation in some countries is through a QR Code and through the Gear App, but I checked my Gear App but the activation tab is not there. Also in the watch settings there is also an added tab within the Reset Gear that lets you reset the carrier which also is not showing.
Thanks for your contribution.
Saludos

slapshot2286

Dec 15, 2006
Thanks again. I was curious as I live in Argentina and local carriers don't manage (in theory) eSim.
I have been researching and noticed that activation in some countries is through a QR Code and through the Gear App, but I checked my Gear App but the activation tab is not there. Also in the watch settings there is also an added tab within the Reset Gear that lets you reset the carrier which also is not showing.
Thanks for your contribution.
Saludos

I've seen the same things online but it appears that the carrier has different firmware that doesn't have that...same with the Gear phone app.

Verizon has also stated that they won't add the device so I'm stuck with ATT prepaid.

afblangley

Jan 11, 2013
I called ATT and told them I wanted to add a prepaid line. They transferred me to the prepaid section and I picked a plan. The post paid sales people will say there's notcompatible plan...But there is. You just have to get transferred over.
What info did you give customer service about the watch that allowed them to activate it on GoPhone?

Stormglider

Feb 10, 2009
Buenos Aires
I called ATT and told them I wanted to add a prepaid line. They transferred me to the prepaid section and I picked a plan. The post paid sales people will say there's not compatible plan...But there is. You just have to get transferred over.

Hi Slapshot, could you walk us through the activation process? Did you just provide them the device imei? What info did they require from you regarding the device? Did you have to type any info in the watch? How did you get a number assigned and how did the watch register what the number was? I would very much appreciate knowing this. Thank you in advance.
Regards,

slapshot2286

Dec 15, 2006
Hi Slapshot, could you walk us through the activation process? Did you just provide them the device imei? What info did they require from you regarding the device? Did you have to type any info in the watch? How did you get a number assigned and how did the watch register what the number was? I would very much appreciate knowing this. Thank you in advance.
Regards,

All you need is your IMEI and your SIM (ICC ID) number. You give them those, select the prepaid plan you want, and they'll send you a series of text messages for activation. Once you've done the unlock process (which isn't even necessary if you're going AT&T prepaid), you call the prepaid department for AT&T. It's no more difficult than activating any other device.

Stormglider

Feb 10, 2009
Buenos Aires
All you need is your IMEI and your SIM (ICC ID) number. You give them those, select the prepaid plan you want, and they'll send you a series of text messages for activation. Once you've done the unlock process (which isn't even necessary if you're going AT&T prepaid), you call the prepaid department for AT&T. It's no more difficult than activating any other device.

Thanks mate!! I live overseas so this is very interesting information.
All the best!

Stormglider

Feb 10, 2009
Buenos Aires
Basically I now need to find a way to be able to change the ICC ID.....
Singtel in Singapore let's clients do it through software (QR Code) using the Gear App (which is obviously a different version to most) but also don't know if possible because watch could be using different firmware.?

Pixmixa

Jan 3, 2017
Check Simlock status

Meanwhile I wonder if my device is really unlocked. I got my S3 LTE from South Korea with a SK telecom branding. The seller told me, that it is unlocked but at least I am not really sure. How can I verify this?

Reactions: Mr_Randika

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
Got mine unlocked by going to imei-unlocker.com It was $19.65 USD and they responded within 2x days or less. Went through the guide in this thread and it did say Success! No way to 100% verify at this time, but I'm hopeful if I do end up switching carriers that I will be in fact unlocked.

Sword Fish

Dec 15, 2011
Calgary
Got mine unlocked by going to imei-unlocker.com It was $19.65 USD and they responded within 2x days or less. Went through the guide in this thread and it did say Success! No way to 100% verify at this time, but I'm hopeful if I do end up switching carriers that I will be in fact unlocked.
Just curious but if you can't change the sim yourself, what good does it do to unlock the watch?

Swordfish

highaltitude

Nov 4, 2010
NC
I don't know, lol. But AT&T swore up and down they couldn't do it and don't listen to things you read on forums. So for lack of a better excuse, I did it because they said no. But more information may come out later about how to switch.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so after a lot of trial and error, I've figured out how to successfully unlock the device. Up front, I have been unsuccessful at getting another carrier to pick up the watch, as they don't really understand eSIM configuration yet...but Verizon is working on it.

1. Purchase the watch out of contract from your carrier.

2. For AT&T, follow the normal online unlock procedure. Wait your 48 hours and get the unlock code from the carrier.

3. Go to About Device

6. Type #7465625*638*#

8. Enter the unlock code that AT&T gave you. Hit OK.

9. It will begin a blue rotating clockwise circle around the screen. Wait for about a minute until it shows "Notify SUCCESS!!!"

10. Profit!

As I stated I haven't added this to another carrier yet. Verizon is trying, H2O Wireless Indian customer service gave up when I told them I couldn't take the watch apart to access the SIM, and I haven't tried Straight Talk or Cricket yet, but I'll post back when I do.

In the meantime it is worth noting that I was able to add the watch to a separate AT&T prepaid 3GB plan for $43. More expensive than I want right now...but better than not having the 4G! Their customer service will tell you that it doesn't qualify for any prepaid plan, but their prepaid department can create one so don't let them yank you around.

Hope this helps some people! Freedom!
    . I can't vouch for whether or not the process has changed since I tried because its been so long but just keep this in mind: they CAN unlock it, they know HOW to unlock it, and they WILL eventually do it for you.

The process has indeed changed a little - just unlocked AT&T Gear S3 Classic - Have not tried with another carrier as the AT&T variant only 2 LTE bands to use - see revisions below.

1. Purchase the watch out of contract from your carrier (or in my case an previously unregistered one on eBay).

3. Go to About Device

6. At the Phone App where you dial a # - Type #7465625*638*#

8. Enter the unlock code that AT&T gave you. Hit OK. Press the physical [Back] button (top right) - then hit [Done]

10. Profit!​
    TLDR: trying tapping the serial number (right under software version) to bring up the keypad to follow the rest of the op's instructions.

First I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed on this topic. I possess an att samsung gear 3 frontier smartwatch. The instructions provided were not working for me, specifically, tapping the software version five times. I began to tap the serial number and presto. I was able to follow the rest of the op's instructions and successfully unlocked the watch. So if your having trouble bringing up the key pad try tapping your serial number five times. I'm hoping now I can use the phone on the t mobile network(fingers crossed). Hope this helps someone.

Device info: SG3 Frontier
    Original Carrier: ATT
    Software version: R765AUCU2BQD4
    Check Simlock status

Meanwhile I wonder if my device is really unlocked. I got my S3 LTE from South Korea with a SK telecom branding. The seller told me, that it is unlocked but at least I am not really sure. How can I verify this?
    Sk Telecom

Any way to verify if a Sk telecom model is really unlocked?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone