[Guide] Gear S3 Frontier (765A) Carrier Unlock

Search This thread

musicdjm

Feb 15, 2011
Worcester,MA
I had no problems setting it up with Att prepaid, I simply called the att gophone line then the automated system asks for a phone number or to activate, I simply said activate. Then when it asks say your activating a phone. The rep will ask you for the icc Id which is the sim # then the imei. They will stall you for a few minutes because they are running an error most likely. However after a few minutes they will tell you to tell the phone on and then you need to go into settings and turn mobile network always on so it can connect. Once completed you are all set up. They offer 30 unlimited texts and calls and then a 45 or 60 plan with 4 or 8gb of data

Reactions: adfree

palidin4

Mar 17, 2017
Open line Gear S3's DO EXIST!

In Singapore they are using QR Codes to change carriers so maybe someone could figure out how to make QR Codes for the American Carriers. I don't know if the software is different there. You guys can check out the Samsung.com/SG website and download the Gear S3 manual and see how they are doing it. All the Watches there are unlocked. Maybe Samsung USA has QR Codes for the American Carriers but just don't advertise them....Check it out, ok?

Pixmixa

Jan 3, 2017
In Singapore they are using QR Codes to change carriers so maybe someone could figure out how to make QR Codes for the American Carriers. I don't know if the software is different there. You guys can check out the Samsung.com/SG website and download the Gear S3 manual and see how they are doing it. All the Watches there are unlocked. Maybe Samsung USA has QR Codes for the American Carriers but just don't advertise them....Check it out, ok?

That was my hope too but the Korean version that I have from SK Telecom does not offer QR scan :( And it should be unlocked as well.
I have and ESIM QR Code but cannot scan it. The watches have presetting that makes the watch look for the ESIM Profile of the selling carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Randika

bormasina

May 11, 2011
Steps no longer work for 765A

As reported earlier, the steps no longer work for 765A. Tapping "Software Version" five times only enables developer mode. It doesn't bring up any keypad. What i tried next was entering #7465625*628*# from the dialer of the watch ... That brings a PERSONALISATION screen that has a "Enter NCK" field. Tapped on it and a keypad showed up. I entered the code provided by ATT and pressing "Done" does nothing ... That was weird ... What i tried was pressing the BACK button on the watch to hide the keypad and pressed OK button ... I was greeted with some guffy screen that said "Notify" then below it "Success!!!" and it had a OK button. Pressed on OK and that "Success!!!" screen disappeared but the PERSONALISATION screen remained with OK button on it. Pressed OK again but that brought the "Success!!!" screen again. To get out of this loop i pressed the "Back" button of the watch ....

The instructions that i received from ATT say that i need to enter #0111*, the unlock code, and #. The instructions also mentioned that upon entering this combination the watch should reboot. The watch did nothing.

I'm not sure if i got my watch unlocked or not ... Not sure how to check if it is really unlocked because the steps i did to get to NCK and then getting into a loop ... are not really reassuring ...

Anybody knows how to check if a Frontier is unlocked besides going to T-Mobile and begging stuff to check ...

smutta

Dec 30, 2009
All you need is your IMEI and your SIM (ICC ID) number. You give them those, select the prepaid plan you want, and they'll send you a series of text messages for activation. Once you've done the unlock process (which isn't even necessary if you're going AT&T prepaid), you call the prepaid department for AT&T. It's no more difficult than activating any other device.

i went through ur process worked like a charm. now did you ever get numbersync to work on prepaid

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I had no problems setting it up with Att prepaid, I simply called the att gophone line then the automated system asks for a phone number or to activate, I simply said activate. Then when it asks say your activating a phone. The rep will ask you for the icc Id which is the sim # then the imei. They will stall you for a few minutes because they are running an error most likely. However after a few minutes they will tell you to tell the phone on and then you need to go into settings and turn mobile network always on so it can connect. Once completed you are all set up. They offer 30 unlimited texts and calls and then a 45 or 60 plan with 4 or 8gb of data
did you ever get numbersync set up also

slapshot2286

Dec 15, 2006
No, but only phone calls go out from the number assigned to the watch and I mostly text from it so it didn't much matter to me. Glad the process worked for you though.

VcT.2012

Dec 31, 2011
My watch is from T-Mobile, and I would like to unlock it for all carriers. If I buy an online code, will the options scan the eSIM profile will appear in the settings?

This watch is imported. I live in Brazil and do not have access to T-Mobile... Unfortunately.

goldsmic

Oct 14, 2017
TLDR: trying tapping the serial number (right under software version) to bring up the keypad to follow the rest of the op's instructions.

First I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed on this topic. I possess an att samsung gear 3 frontier smartwatch. The instructions provided were not working for me, specifically, tapping the software version five times. I began to tap the serial number and presto. I was able to follow the rest of the op's instructions and successfully unlocked the watch. So if your having trouble bringing up the key pad try tapping your serial number five times. I'm hoping now I can use the phone on the t mobile network(fingers crossed). Hope this helps someone.

Device info: SG3 Frontier
Original Carrier: ATT
Software version: R765AUCU2BQD4

VcT.2012

Dec 31, 2011
TLDR: trying tapping the serial number (right under software version) to bring up the keypad to follow the rest of the op's instructions.

First I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed on this topic. I possess an att samsung gear 3 frontier smartwatch. The instructions provided were not working for me, specifically, tapping the software version five times. I began to tap the serial number and presto. I was able to follow the rest of the op's instructions and successfully unlocked the watch. So if your having trouble bringing up the key pad try tapping your serial number five times. I'm hoping now I can use the phone on the t mobile network(fingers crossed). Hope this helps someone.

Thank you.

Can you tell if after unlocking your watch, the option to select the eSIM profile in Gear settings in the mobile app appears?

How do you select eSIM?

Trife66

Nov 6, 2017
Your the best

so I had a watch and it was already turned on by a carrier,,,,but I found a better service so I wanted to dead the e-sim that was programed in the watch and stumbled on this post,, and I followed the instructions and to no avail it worked, but you must purchase an unlock code(important!!!),,, so when u have it u will be Litty,,, I Carrier unlocked and tried t-mobile for activation and it was not from them and they where able to give me prepaid service,,, also I wiped the device, so I could pair it with my mobile device Bluetooth:good:,,, either way I didn't have to buy it out fully to actually own it....and now I do:cool::cool::good::p

njromp

Dec 8, 2017
model 775V

I got to the screen with the number input but the #7465625*638*# did not do anything. I haven't yet tried using the unlock code but i was wondering 1) where did you get this code ( #7465625*638*#) so that maybe i can find the appropriate one or 2) any suggestions to modify this code for my specific model (775V) which is verizon

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Ok, so after a lot of trial and error, I've figured out how to successfully unlock the device. Up front, I have been unsuccessful at getting another carrier to pick up the watch, as they don't really understand eSIM configuration yet...but Verizon is working on it.

The CODE is the same as it was for unlocking the old SGS3.

1. Purchase the watch out of contract from your carrier.

2. For AT&T, follow the normal online unlock procedure. Wait your 48 hours and get the unlock code from the carrier.

3. Go to About Device

4. Scroll to Software Version

5. Tap the screen 5 times, and a keypad will appear

6. Type #7465625*638*#

7. A screen will appear that says "Personalisation. Enter NCK"

8. Enter the unlock code that AT&T gave you. Hit OK.

9. It will begin a blue rotating clockwise circle around the screen. Wait for about a minute until it shows "Notify SUCCESS!!!"

10. Profit!

As I stated I haven't added this to another carrier yet. Verizon is trying, H2O Wireless Indian customer service gave up when I told them I couldn't take the watch apart to access the SIM, and I haven't tried Straight Talk or Cricket yet, but I'll post back when I do.

In the meantime it is worth noting that I was able to add the watch to a separate AT&T prepaid 3GB plan for $43. More expensive than I want right now...but better than not having the 4G! Their customer service will tell you that it doesn't qualify for any prepaid plan, but their prepaid department can create one so don't let them yank you around.

Hope this helps some people! Freedom!

i have the 775V (verizon model). I can get to the number input screen however plugging #7465625*638*# in doesn't do anything for me. I have yet to try the unlock code after the * but i was wondering 1) where you got the code ( #7465625*638*#) so that i might find the right one for my model or 2: if you have any suggestions to modify the code for the 775V model.

Thanks!

njromp

Dec 8, 2017
carrier

so I had a watch and it was already turned on by a carrier,,,,but I found a better service so I wanted to dead the e-sim that was programed in the watch and stumbled on this post,, and I followed the instructions and to no avail it worked, but you must purchase an unlock code(important!!!),,, so when u have it u will be Litty,,, I Carrier unlocked and tried t-mobile for activation and it was not from them and they where able to give me prepaid service,,, also I wiped the device, so I could pair it with my mobile device Bluetooth:good:,,, either way I didn't have to buy it out fully to actually own it....and now I do:cool::cool::good::p

what carrier did you have before T-Mobile? I have a verizon watch that I am trying to switch to T-Mobile. Can you walk me through the steps you took exactly? Thanks!

dkelly00

Jan 30, 2007
2 total different band won't work at all

what carrier did you have before T-Mobile? I have a verizon watch that I am trying to switch to T-Mobile. Can you walk me through the steps you took exactly? Thanks!

Verizon is cdma and tmobile is gsm. Also I may be wrong but iit seems only prepay from original carrier is working after unlocks. Please correct me guys if im wrong here.

NvS

Jun 11, 2009

How did you get them to add the ICCID - I called and they told me I had To many numbers... This is a sticking point on getting mine activated..

Trife66

Nov 6, 2017
Since Verizon is CDMA don't thing U will be able to get a GSM service on it,,you will just be able to pair with android phone

Sandfordson

Jan 20, 2018
S3 Frontier code

Ok, so after a lot of trial and error, I've figured out how to successfully unlock the device. Up front, I have been unsuccessful at getting another carrier to pick up the watch, as they don't really understand eSIM configuration yet...but Verizon is working on it.

2. For AT&T, follow the normal online unlock procedure. Wait your 48 hours and get the unlock code from the carrier.

3. Go to About Device

6. Type #7465625*638*#

9. It will begin a blue rotating clockwise circle around the screen. Wait for about a minute until it shows "Notify SUCCESS!!!"

10. Profit!

As I stated I haven't added this to another carrier yet. Verizon is trying, H2O Wireless Indian customer service gave up when I told them I couldn't take the watch apart to access the SIM, and I haven't tried Straight Talk or Cricket yet, but I'll post back when I do.

In the meantime it is worth noting that I was able to add the watch to a separate AT&T prepaid 3GB plan for $43. More expensive than I want right now...but better than not having the 4G! Their customer service will tell you that it doesn't qualify for any prepaid plan, but their prepaid department can create one so don't let them yank you around.

Howdy Slapshot. I was not able to get an unlock code from AT&T. What was the unlock code you used if I way?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Type the the number into your dialer on your gear and enter NICK screen will appear. The only thing is I do not have the unlock number. AT&T could not give it to me. What is that unlock code?

Reactions: westham7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3. Go to About Device

6. Type #7465625*638*#

10. Profit!

. I can't vouch for whether or not the process has changed since I tried because its been so long but just keep this in mind: they CAN unlock it, they know HOW to unlock it, and they WILL eventually do it for you.

The process has indeed changed a little - just unlocked AT&T Gear S3 Classic - Have not tried with another carrier as the AT&T variant only 2 LTE bands to use - see revisions below.

1. Purchase the watch out of contract from your carrier (or in my case an previously unregistered one on eBay).

3. Go to About Device

6. At the Phone App where you dial a # - Type #7465625*638*#

8. Enter the unlock code that AT&T gave you. Hit OK. Press the physical [Back] button (top right) - then hit [Done]

10. Profit!​

Check Simlock status

Meanwhile I wonder if my device is really unlocked. I got my S3 LTE from South Korea with a SK telecom branding. The seller told me, that it is unlocked but at least I am not really sure. How can I verify this?
    Sk Telecom

Any way to verify if a Sk telecom model is really unlocked?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone