[GUIDE] Get Bravia and Music Info working again on ICS with ReLock bootloader

Search This thread

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
The credit goes to nhoc_huhu for posting this fix and jemju_xps-user for giving more detailed instructions and confirming it works. Please leave thanks for them, I'm just posting detailed, easier to follow instructions.

Things you will gain:
- working Bravia on ICS
- working Download Music Info for Walkman
- root will stick if you had it before

Things you will loose:
- ability to flash custom ROM's requiring unlocked boot loader. Duh.
- CWM recovery. You can get it back using this guide

Steps:

1. Download Walkman_port_few_fixes.zip
2. Clear data for Download Music Info and all Walkman apps, under settings>apps>all
3. With Root Explorer or any root manager; copy CredentialManagerService.apk from the attached zip and paste it to system>app and set permissions. Delete .odex file for CredentialManagerService if you're on a odexed stock ROM.
4. Copy file system>lib>libdrmtestengine.so from the zip and paste it to system>lib and set permissions.
5. Copy file system>lib>DRM\libdrmtestengine.so from the zip and paste it to system>lib>DRM and set permissions.
6. Shutdown and flash stock kernel with Flashtool.

- either use the kernel from the FTF file of the Firmware you are currently using, be sure to not wipe Data(you will loose apps) and System(you will loose root). Uncheck wipe data and check Exclude System.

- OR flash this with fastboot; fastboot flash boot 55.sin. The attached kernel is for .55 firmware. Here is the JB .200 kernel.

7. Relock your bootloader using these instructions.
8. Reboot and it should be working!! It does for me(stock .55) and jemju(XTX v7) :good: :good:

Optional: When I relocked bootloader, my WiFi was broken. Download this and paste it to /system/lib/modules with correct permissions. Reboot and WiFi will be back.

BHHb6.png

59ZBW.jpg

hEqCe.jpg

Last edited:

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
what if - before i relock my b.l. i will flash first the thread b.e.2 to take advantage over b.e.1 then doing this thread, what do you think guys?will b.e.2 work?
You can try. Though my personal opinion is that BE2 over BE1 is just placebo..it's hard to tell difference between BE1 on and off, let alone between BE2 and BE1.

Soheil_rf

Jul 7, 2009
Tehran
I can confirm Bravia Engine Working with this method :good:

I use Bravia Engine 2

Open attachment screen shots in new tabs and compare them

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-27-14-06-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-27-14-06-46.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3,746
  • Screenshot_2012-12-27-14-07-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-27-14-07-13.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,617
Last edited:

nhoc_huhu

Nov 28, 2012
Thái Nguyên
what if - before i relock my b.l. i will flash first the thread b.e.2 to take advantage over b.e.1 then doing this thread, what do you think guys?will b.e.2 work?
I think it will work, Because, I flash stock .55 , UB to root then I relock and copy DRM ,next i flash BE2....And i can see the diffirence beetween BE1 BE2..., Here image:No Be, BE1, BE2

Attachments

• be1.jpg
    be1.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 903
  • be2.jpg
    be2.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 882

Daniel_GB

Jul 30, 2010
Noshahr,IR
tnx a lot guys!!! its working again:laugh:

i just have a question, i almost forgot how it has worked on GB!
is it normal to have a delay for processing pictures?(in Album):D

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
tnx a lot guys!!! its working again:laugh:

i just have a question, i almost forgot how it has worked on GB!
is it normal to have a delay for processing pictures?(in Album):D
Yeah, a slight delay was always there, from what I remember. But that's OK, the delay makes it easier to see which parts of the image are enhanced. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The credit goes to nhoc_huhu for posting this fix and jemju_xps-user for giving more detailed instructions and confirming it works. Please leave thanks for them, I'm just posting detailed, easier to follow instructions.

Things you will gain:
    - working Bravia on ICS
    - working Download Music Info for Walkman
    - root will stick if you had it before

Things you will loose:
    - ability to flash custom ROM's requiring unlocked boot loader. Duh.
    - CWM recovery. You can get it back using this guide

Steps:

1. Download Walkman_port_few_fixes.zip
    2. Clear data for Download Music Info and all Walkman apps, under settings>apps>all
    3. With Root Explorer or any root manager; copy CredentialManagerService.apk from the attached zip and paste it to system>app and set permissions. Delete .odex file for CredentialManagerService if you're on a odexed stock ROM.
    4. Copy file system>lib>libdrmtestengine.so from the zip and paste it to system>lib and set permissions.
    5. Copy file system>lib>DRM\libdrmtestengine.so from the zip and paste it to system>lib>DRM and set permissions.
    6. Shutdown and flash stock kernel with Flashtool.

- either use the kernel from the FTF file of the Firmware you are currently using, be sure to not wipe Data(you will loose apps) and System(you will loose root). Uncheck wipe data and check Exclude System.

- OR flash this with fastboot; fastboot flash boot 55.sin. The attached kernel is for .55 firmware. Here is the JB .200 kernel.

7. Relock your bootloader using these instructions.
    8. Reboot and it should be working!! It does for me(stock .55) and jemju(XTX v7) :good: :good:

Optional: When I relocked bootloader, my WiFi was broken. Download this and paste it to /system/lib/modules with correct permissions. Reboot and WiFi will be back.

BHHb6.png

59ZBW.jpg

hEqCe.jpg
    No, I just posted this for the sake of it. /sarcasm

A number of us have already tried it and it works.
    pls attach some pic for our reference

BE Off
    9qfry9.jpg

BE2 On
    105zb49.jpg
    anyone can confirm this, video fix in be2 by monivan..see post - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2010673&page=19

or

Guys! I FOUND A FIX FOR BE VIDEO... Actually not a fix xD! BUT It will let your phone run BE2 for pictures but BE1 for videos! So can enjoy both BE at the same time!

Things to do: Easy and so Simple
    JUST replace "be_movie" in system/etc with the one found in stock rom... Or just flash this over: https://www.box.com/shared/7snftmn8otfo6axh0uab

Thanks me, if I deserve it!
    Send from my stupid lt26i
    The instructions says use root explorer or any root manager, does this means my phone has to be rooted??

My tv guide says all wires have to be plugged in to work properly... Now tell me should I follow the guide and do what they say or should I just press the power button and wait for some magic